A request if I may

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Re: A request if I may

Tetrismonkey wrote:I know you admins will look at this, think for a few seconds and say, "Hes just going to abuse his spot and burn the forums down".

More like.."He's just going to cause unwanted problems."

You want to know why you probably won't become a Moderator, let alone a General Moderator? You tell the Admins that the people they hand picked or agreed to be placed there are doing a **Filtered** job, thus reflecting poorly upon their judgement and slapping them in the face.

Either way, good luck with your appeal even if the chances seem slim to me.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Hey there, Tetris

I am wondering something, you say you want to be a mod, but in other thread you say you are very busy with RL stuff, but you have lots of time to come on the forums.
Tetrismonkey wrote:Its called im busy with my life to bother with a silly game for the time being. When I actually get some breathing room and some time, ill come back and mass. Until then, I get to annoy him on the forums!

So you want to mod a forum of "a silly game" that you dont play, but have time to play have the forum of the game?

This is what I dont get, Can you please tell me why as so I wont be confused anymore?

Thanks

P.S. I hope this does not affect you of being conseriderd to be a Mod.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I was under the impression applications were called for every quarter.

I'd like to know why the Admins should consider your application, and no one else's, outside of the usual time frame.

Imo, if you want consistancy and equality, you need it in all things, not just when you want it. Applying when everyone else also has a fair chance would seem more in line for what you speak of.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tetris, you would make an interesting ombudsman, accompanied by another person.
For moderator.. I know how it is to want to become a moderator but be too 'controversial' to be a feasible choice.
Better try for an 'easier' spot, racemod, maybe Ascension mod, somewhat lighter sections where you could gather experience.

It helps if you are a regular in that specific area.. for example, I became a Misc mod (which is unlikely in your case, what with you and Jack fighting that much..) while being a regular visitor and poster there. Being a racemod provided some good experience, and being a Misc mod even more so.

As the others have said though.. you'll need to show why you're exceptional compared to the others. ;) I'm sure that won't be too much of a problem for you.. but you'll need to go the same way everyone else takes.
And who knows.. it might not be that unfeasible.
EdwardThatch
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Heretical
ID: 0

As just a regular player with no bias, I'm overall not impressed tetris. You seem to have a bone to pick with all authority, and when they finally get banned or warned or whatever, you gloat. It doesn't seem to be the mod staff so much as the fact that they have authority.

Here's my question:
If they made you mod, and someone in another section refused to warn a player who said something that bothered you, how would you handle it?
There's always free cheese in a rat trap.

Please post in my trade feedback thread if I traded with you:
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=146162
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Hmm.. Shouldn't the next quarter be coming up soon? :-s
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:
EdwardThatch wrote:As just a regular player with no bias, I'm overall not impressed tetris. You seem to have a bone to pick with all authority, and when they finally get banned or warned or whatever, you gloat. It doesn't seem to be the mod staff so much as the fact that they have authority.

Here's my question:
If they made you mod, and someone in another section refused to warn a player who said something that bothered you, how would you handle it?

just because someone says somethng to bother me doesn't give me the right, if I was a mod, to act foolish and cry and complain. I rarley get into it with anyone on these forums. Also, if your refering to me laughing at jt being banned, well we have never sen eye to eye, let's just say that. Mods when modding must act with respect, unbiased and calm, cool manner. I was in NJROTC for 4 years, and was 3rd in command of over 120 students. I have much experience when handling delicate situations, and can end things before they start.

I beg the admins to allow me to be a mod for 1 week, with any extra rules and regs, and I will show you that I'm more than capable of modding and can help fix the inconsistancy here. What do you have to lose? I will be playng by your rules on your court.

lol, JROTC is high school, dude thats competely different from here. YOu interact wit them on a day to day bases. Here you really dont cause we are 100 of miles away from each other. they are kids ranging from 14 to 18. here we got people from all ages.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:That may be so, but arnt teens the hardest people to get through to? The idea of ROTC is life skills. They teach alot, and to comment so ignorant about it is sad. I have many leadership traits that I incoperate into my life thanks to ROTC.

I know what JROTC does. I know what it stands for. I also know its mission is to moviate(spelling) people to become better citiezens.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Tetrismonkey wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote: I beg the admins to allow me to be a mod for 1 week

thats a joke, you should earn the status like the rest of us, besides one week means nothing, its too short a time to see what actually goes on :P

Earn? You got yours by popularity vote. Same goes for the voting taking place for each new mod, popularity. I was upset I think the second time I was past up for being a mod to users with 150 posts and very little active. Please tell me how they "earned" it or even how someone "earns" becoming a mod.
The Admins/Global Mods decided the Mods in the last round of selections when I got my spot, I do believe. So it's not popularity.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Children, children.. stop being fools and give the man some serious replies instead of posting this, that and all kinds of unrelated things in this thread.

If Tetris wants to apply to the administration, he can do so.
However, Tetris, I suggest you do so in private with the three admins, and not here in public where it's most likely to become a spamfest. ;)

Btw, ROTC-experience is a good thing you could list as distinguishing you from the rest of people who'd want to apply.

Good luck!
ANYONE spamming this thread will receive a warning, you have all been forewarned.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Tetrismonkey wrote:2 things, every time I've applied for a position on these forums I've included ROTC in the resume. Second, seeing as this has gotten the attention of not only the mod staff to debate a obout, but also the admins. For the time being, can this thread be lock.

Of course. :)
Make sure to let a moderator know when you want to continue this thread, okay?

Closed.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”