Re: Unfair, unjust, and totally uncool

locked so i can read it all, unlocking after i'm done :-D
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

spam and irrelivant posts modded, offtopic discussion split and moved to the forum discussion section.

now with the admin post it is defined that the topic is souly made for roleplaying about the war. now it is nowhere stated that it should be about terminators Vs humans.

now the course of action i would have sugested to the mods in that case is basicly :

- leave the posts already there
- post that from after their post only terminator Vs human rollplay will be tolerated as that was the threats original purpous

that would have saved alot of problems becausse ppl don't like to have their posts removed about something that is not clearly stated as a rule.

i think that would have been acceptable for all involved partys. unless i'm mistaking ofcourse
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Several times in the war thread, posts were made by General mods about keeping on topic, on theme, and things would be splitted off if not terminators/humans.

There have also been links posted to the discussion threads for various wars, where they can post if they do not wish to RP. Including the one posted on the first page by Robe.

I do not think people are unaware of the purpose of the thread or what it was intended to be, a few just do not like it.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

ombudsman forum rules:

3. the 3 parties should primarely post in a thread are:
a the person(s) making the complaunt, or is representetative(s) if he/she/they are banned
b. the ombudsman/understudy
c. the mod(s) in question

others can post in a thread but only if their post ad value to the discussion or gives new insights/information to the ombudsman. this will be closly monitored by the ombudsman to avoid pointless discussions and spam. if you are unsure wheter your post is relevant enough to post you can always pm the ombudsman first

i descided that it wasn't relevant so it was modded
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

one more of those post jack and you will find that you can be warned for not complying with the ombudsman courner rules

you as a moderator should set an example for other forum users
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

If you take a look at general / gc, you'll see we are trying out a setup :D

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

i think it's safe to say that with the proof given by the mods regarding the issu and th debate going on in here that the moderator in call acted like any moderator would and acording to the rules of the thread.

since there has no warning been issued there is no further need for discussion. specialy not with the mods trying a different setup to alow other rollplaying regarding the thread.

i'm glad users and mods worked things out themself with a lill moderating from the ombudsman. i would like to see more issues handled this way.

if this thread needs to be reopened for a reason i can be contacted via pm (i will need a reason why)

Return to “Case Archives”