Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: threatened with a warning?

there is an timer on it, not sure on all the factors that affect it...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

So far the way i see it is this:
Giving a verbal warning for double posting was a viable action if the posts were considered spam.
It is possible more information should have been given when the verbal warning was issued
(verbal warning here referring to the "Do you want a warning")

In my opinion, the first and second requests for the thread to be locked were understandable due to the continuation of discussion in the thread. After this another course of action possibly should have been taken. A verbal reminder was probably the best course of action by a mod. But as i have said before, more information may have been required to prevent this from happening.

This is my current view on these proceedings though I welcome any challenges to it or any new information/discussions. Also I wish to wait to hear from my master ;)

Also, some spam cleared.
t3h d3vastator
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Man Called Jim wrote:So far the way i see it is this:
Giving a verbal warning for double posting was a viable action if the posts were considered spam.
It is possible more information should have been given when the verbal warning was issued
(verbal warning here referring to the "Do you want a warning")

In my opinion, the first and second requests for the thread to be locked were understandable due to the continuation of discussion in the thread. After this another course of action possibly should have been taken. A verbal reminder was probably the best course of action by a mod. But as i have said before, more information may have been required to prevent this from happening.

This is my current view on these proceedings though I welcome any challenges to it or any new information/discussions. Also I wish to wait to hear from my master ;)

Also, some spam cleared.

thank you for your input on this.

but if "Want a warning" is considered a verbal warning then that's a joke. imo.

after having looked through this section i can see that this "double posting" issue is similar to the masking issue.

STHU and GTHO are in fact masking a swear word and those two examples in particular "are" directed at an individual whereas something like OMG may not be. but yet STHU and GTHO are still allowed to be used even though masking is made clear in the rules itself.

so i see this as a similar thing. and ive pointed out that "double posting" is not specifically made clear in the rules yet i get a verbal warning for that?

oh and thinking about it now, the verbal warning was clearly not for the "double posting". if i have posted in my 2nd and 3rd post something like, "please can this be closed now the vendetta is over, thank you." and included that in my report with the 3rd post then i doubt i would have got that "Want a warning" pm. so it makes me wonder what exactly the verbal warning was for.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

i'll read and reply in a couple of hours, i'll have breackfast first. and i need to recover somewhat of lastnights party ...

locked so i don't haev to read more later
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

okey i got a read trough everything and all i can say:

- E gave you a verbal warning to stop you from posting the same thing a 3th time. since that is spam
- E culd have been a bit nicer becausse your clarly pretty new to the forum
- there are ways to get a topic wich doesn't get alot of mod atention (vendetta's udualy dont)
- moderators cannot possibly read everything and can't coordinate who reads what
- masking is a problem wich is being delt with

i'm gonna keep th topic closed for now, pm's to reopen it can be made

Return to “Case Archives”