Accounts on vac mode hacked.

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Accounts on vac mode hacked.

it was not an accusation , i intented to sell to him and added to msn , then i saw what a member said :- this guy told me about the hacking accounts, then i saw only 3 posts of him and thought that smone might be creating forum accounts similiar to ingame names.
it happened a week b4 that a forum memebr was fakin ingame personalities with id's and names.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Shinobii
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 37189

That's odd, he didn't put my account on vacation mode or whatever. Maybe because I caught it and emailed admin rather than staying afk?
CABAL
Forum Expert
Alliance: Aquila Ignis
Race: Death Watch

What.

You mean the passwords aren't hashed and salted? #-o [-X

MS-1 -> T-26 -> T-46 -> T-28 -> KV -> KV-3 -> IS -> IS-3 -> IS-4 -> IS-7
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

CABAL wrote:What.

You mean the passwords aren't hashed and salted? #-o [-X

Exactly, plain text for the loss,

Also i noticed admin did not put Hensenshis account back on vac mode, but he put the Pragma one on vac mode, strange.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Tekki
Forum Addict

Yeah he didn't put all the accounts on vacation just some of them.

Oumar's is still available for example.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Shinobii wrote:That's odd, he didn't put my account on vacation mode or whatever. Maybe because I caught it and emailed admin rather than staying afk?

I did tell him you and 311 had managed to log back into your accounts. Possible he saw you'd changed teh passwords and left them alone. I sent norbe a msg about it, because I wasn't 'sure' if he had or not.. and didn't want you think 'OMG i've been hacked again' if you couldn't log in again #-o

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Shinobii
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 37189

Yea, it's not a big deal. Now with the server ppt i can't go on vacation for a bit. Whatever, it's not like logging in every now and then is going to kill me.
bamse
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Ancient

I got it confirmed yesterday by one of Oumar's real life friends that he ain't playing at all.. So someone took his account out of vacation mode and used it for their evil purposes.
Oumar
Forum Newbie

Okay due to Tekki's and Bamse's efforts, I was notified that my account was hacked. I have not logged on in over a year. I will need to look into what needs to be done to put my account back right, but here are the brokers I found.

Oumar Ymer 32,708,435,135,147 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 4:37 am Completed.
Oumar Tajj 32,704,212,625,600 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 4:14 am Rejected&Returned.
Oumar Tajj 100,414,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah Nov 12, 2009, 4:11 am Expired.
Oumar shinobii 32,648,717,949,329 Naquadah 1 Untrained Nov 12, 2009, 1:34 am Rejected&Returned.
Oumar Antistatic 90,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah Nov 11, 2009, 9:48 pm Completed.
Oumar Antistatic 10,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah Nov 11, 2009, 9:45 pm Completed.
Kronos the Mighty Oumar 58,700,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah Nov 11, 2009, 4:55 pm Completed.
mattwell Oumar 21,999,639,316,283 Naquadah 1 Turns Nov 11, 2009, 4:47 pm Completed.
bamse
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Ancient

Glad you're "back" mate :) .. Too bad things are in a shamble..
Lithium
Forum Zombie

viewtopic.php?f=130&t=150180

Antistatic selling thread
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Lithium wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=150180

It seems to have started over a month ago...so I don't know if it's linked to that.
However, I'm more curious to know if people who accepted brokers from Oumar did so by naivety, or because they were controlled by the hacker.

Accounts I noticed being off vacation unlisted yet. Don't know if they came back, or if they are controlled by hacker.
Yamosas id=5161
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Tekki
Forum Addict

Yamosas is back temporarily because Yamosas took the account off PPT when they realised Zaphor had been hacked. I got ingame PMs from Yamosas and MSN with him.

FINALLY managed to get in touch with Oumar and he is going to Email Jason about his account. Thanks to Ossetian for the help there.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Apophis The Great wrote:
Lithium wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=150180

It seems to have started over a month ago...so I don't know if it's linked to that.
However, I'm more curious to know if people who accepted brokers from Oumar did so by naivety, or because they were controlled by the hacker.

Accounts I noticed being off vacation unlisted yet. Don't know if they came back, or if they are controlled by hacker.
Yamosas id=5161

well recently he has been selling a lot and not buying that many at's , we cant prove anything by forum posts but its a start.
however accepting broker or farming heavy quantities of cheated resources is cheating as well , it shall be reported while hopping admin can remove those resources coming from nowhere.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I have changed the password on all accounts who have not logged in for a long time. This, combined with the 6month reminder to change passwords, will ensure all old passwords are not the same as they were when this game/admin was active (1+year ago).

I have also tracked IPs that look to be associated with the reactivation of old accounts, and updated both emails and passwords, such that they are in effect disabled. I have no real way of knowing who currently controls said accounts, old user or other, so felt this disabling was the safest route. I am also not 100% sure those changed were even affected, but it is a 'best guess'...worst case the user needs to send an email to get back active...so I felt it was worth it.

I have also (as of today) added appropriate messaging to the login, which will inform the users affected what has happened, when they try to login.

People who have only had password changed (due to long time no login) can use 'forgot pass' link to get the new pass.
People who have had email and pass changed, must email support@stargatewars.com to get it reactivated.
Again, the login message will reiterate this, when the user tries to login.

If you could please post this email in the appropriate places on forums, it would be muchly appreciated.

thanks!
jason.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”

Return to “For Admin Archives”