Re: GunZ' banning by Jack.

locked for mayor cleanup
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

~Vixion~ wrote:Jim joined Genesis this morning, IMO this will not effect things. How ever i do understand if Jack feels different...

irrelivant, no warning

discussion about jack owning temple split off

Maddog wrote:real mature......

irrelivant to topic, verbal warning
~Josh~ wrote:w00t? lol

irrelivant on topic, verbal warning
Tetrismonkey wrote:Wow.

Gigs wrote:Didn't see it coming 0.o

~Thamuz~ wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bravo indeed, Something does need to be done. Take care Clarkey. ~T~

Sammael wrote:all I can say Well Done Clarkey.

I salute you.

Clarkey has left the building. (went out in style)

sammael

Sammael wrote:Jack, yes they will hurt but then they will turn to the one who is to blame and who is that . . . . . .

Yes you were a thorn in there side but so will the rest of us mods.

noty controbuting to topic, removed but no verbal warning since it actualy does contain text ...

R8 TDL wrote:well if all the other mods would be brave enough and stand up against any wrongdoings then we can win our forums back and have order restored.

or maybe we should vote a new mod team into place altogether :-k

look above

Earendil wrote::roll:
UCP-> Usergroups ->No spam temple -> submit.

glad that you proved what a hyprocrit you are at the last minute clarkey

not realy controbuting to topic but no verbal warning issued

Semper wrote:
~Vixion~ wrote:Zeek, you've said it yourself and i agree, GunZ should of simply been given a cool down period. IMO, he's been given it, he should be unbanned now. GunZ has had a good record on the forums and if you've spoke to him 1on1 you'll see thats his a nice down to Earth guy. I am asking the Admins to unban GunZ now. He has served his time, so to say. Jack however, that issue needs to be sorted, however that is it too the Admins.

here here!

I agree.

see earandil

okey that took some work now to manage the splitoff and some deletes
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

about as clean as i can get it without losing parts of information. now to all in here no spam levels will be tolerated in this topic so make sure all is on topic

unlocked
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Jack wrote:
Man Called Jim wrote:I am inclined to say that 3 warnings was too much in such a short space of time though Gunz was wrong in not taking his issue to the correct section.

Then what would you have had me do? Allow a user to continually violate the rules? He was given a verbal warning at first, I didn't even have to do that. I could have warned him on the spot for the insults he threw out. But I did give him a chance, he had a choice and he made it. The only person that is responsible for that choice is him.

You antagonised him further and you could have handled it in a great many other ways... I have dealt with posters worse than Gunz and I have years of modding experience... however I am quick to remind yourself and others it shouldn't be up to me to teach you how to mod correctly...whatever the weather there isn't an excuse for how you handled the situation.

jack wrote:People said that I was rude. But we are talking about a person that came into the Temple, a place that is repeatedly described as a safe haven from all the crap in sections like general and the GC, with the sole intent of bullying people until he got his way. So yeah, you're right, I was rude to him. He did not deserve any respect from me and therefore got none. That is not a crime and most the people complaining about it are just as rude if not more so on a near daily basis.

No... no excuse.. you shouldn't have been rude even if Gunz posted as you claim he did.

You're also, once again, making false assumptions into Gunz motivations.. he had honest reasons to object to the existence of that thread and had I know about it's existence I would have been there causing trouble long before Gunz or JT or even long after they'd posted.

Part of the matter Jack.. is that your defending your attitude with Gunz's actions and that totally wrong. You're a mod... so no.. it doesn't cut the cloth for you to give the two wrongs make a right.. part of your job is being respectful even to people you don't think deserve it when you're doing your job... something which you failed to do on this occasion and something which you have failed to do in the same situation many times in the past. A lot of us may not be respectful.. but we're not all global mods and those of us that are mods... are not disrespectful when modding, certainly not to the level you were. This isn't just a subjective opinion either.. it's a universal level of acceptance that mods should be reasonably respectful when doing their jobs... telling people to shut up and then being so bold as to claim an area of the forum being yours all the while supposedly doing your job, part of which is a role model within a community containing young posters... well that's just NOT doing your job.

Your excuses simply don't work as a defence....
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Man Called Jim wrote:It is possible if the situation was dealt with in a different manner then Gunz would have calmed down and not escalated his attempt.
However, that is only a possibility.

"blood is thicker than water"

he was acting on behalf of his kids, in my mind, even if he was "wrong" in terms of the forum rules, he would not have backed down, even if confronted with a "reasonable alternative".

now as to the content, there was alot of GIF's of Lesbian's kissing, something that was not in the original intent of the thread, but something provoked by a similar thread created in the section before being removed "the man thread", with two major contributors to the "perversion", but i admit even as the thread creator, that i fell down that path as well.

[spoiler]http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae51/Psi_Kiya_Trist/lesbians/Boobrub.gif[/spoiler]

Above is one of the images posted in said thread, compared to some of the signatures i've seen reported, but still allowed, i considered it to be "acceptable" but some people might not.

Jedi~Tank responded by swearing in every post he made in the thread, and going out of his way to bypass the filter to get his point across, so all his warnings were legitimate.

now, GunZ i'm Iffy on, he started out respectful, and i gave him a full reply attempting to be reasonable... but he got banned before i got there to make my post as OP(original poster). in my mind, he was solely trying to troll the thread to get it locked or deleted, and in my lengthy reply post, i directed him to a section where he could make a request for review of the thread, to have him stop trolling the thread itself.

i removed the image code, ppl wanting to see it can press the link ppl who don't want to don't press the link - zeek
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

was there a point to the thread or was it just spam for the temple ?

i mean, even spam has a point , even if to entertain or amuse

as the originator of the topic

what was the point of it ( in your mind ) ?

sorry if i am repeating , or asking some thing again just qoute your self for an answer
Easy^ Rocks
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

papa~smurf wrote:was there a point to the thread or was it just spam for the temple ?

sorry if i am repeating , or asking some thing again just qoute your self for an answer

it was a joke.

This is a thread about lesbians. And lesbians liking lesbians. And lesbians talking about other lesbians. And straight guys who like lesbians, so they crossdress to become lesbians.

So if you are an ultra-conservative catholic, this is not a thread for you.

the red part is basically the joke, the rest was a setup for it... past that, like i said, it was corrupted.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
papa~smurf wrote:was there a point to the thread or was it just spam for the temple ?

it was a joke.

This is a thread about lesbians. And lesbians liking lesbians. And lesbians talking about other lesbians. And straight guys who like lesbians, so they crossdress to become lesbians.

So if you are an ultra-conservative catholic, this is not a thread for you.

the red part is basically the joke, the rest was a setup for it... past that, like i said, it was corrupted.

so in a male dominated ( apologies to my wife , deni, rad. trible, and all other females who play) forum, u did not think that maybe, just maybe, a thread like that would get out of control ?

that not your fault, however, the content and conduct on these forums are every users responsibility. Jack gunz me everyone

gunz ban jack strip.....all good GW drama rama, but what about the real heart of the issue:

are we as user going to take responsibility for the content of our posting
Easy^ Rocks
~Vix~
Forum Elder
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: THE Forum Warrior
ID: 87619

It appears GunZ is back and not banned.

Thread can be closed. Cheers every one who helped.
Forgotten Serenity wrote:Being massed, one will not consider massing back, but must mass back, since we will show no weakness. If one cannot comply, than he is not worth our Name... Forgotten Serenity
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Topic locked.
Any reasons to re-open then pm me or zeek

Return to “Case Archives”