Ban me for masking?

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ban me for masking?

~Thamuz~ wrote:
Mordack wrote:I can't believe someone is seriously suggesting that anybody who uses masking in an ombudsman discussion, or an example thread, deserves to be warned. What about when the mods discuss additions to the world filter in our section? Should we all be warning each other constantly throughout? As Zeratul has wisely said, it would be impractical beyond belief.

To be honest i think its a ridiculus rule to be able to post anything that is a warnable offense in all other parts of the forum in here, wether discussing it or not, at the very least it should only be discussed and seen by the parties involved, The whole point of these words, images etc being warnable is because this is a family orientated forum and not suitable for young eyes, Everyone can see the ombudsman section so what makes it different to the rest of the forum just because your discussing it? Its still seen by the people that the rule is in place to protect. ~T~

It'll be accompanied by the words: "BAD BAD BAD EVIL NAUGHTY BAD BAD BAD STAY AWAY DON'T LOOK YOU MINOR PIECE OF ****".
That should keep the kids away.

On a serious note; nice move, T. The next person to compare this to trials where the evidence has to be presented and accessible will run into the brick wall called confidentiality, and that rule of sorts that makes it illegal to divulge that information (don't know the name). Well played.
Still, .. the admins know. *keeps silence*
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

~Thamuz~ wrote:
Mordack wrote:I can't believe someone is seriously suggesting that anybody who uses masking in an ombudsman discussion, or an example thread, deserves to be warned. What about when the mods discuss additions to the world filter in our section? Should we all be warning each other constantly throughout? As Zeratul has wisely said, it would be impractical beyond belief.

To be honest i think its a ridiculus rule to be able to post anything that is a warnable offense in all other parts of the forum in here, wether discussing it or not, at the very least it should only be discussed and seen by the parties involved, The whole point of these words, images etc being warnable is because this is a family orientated forum and not suitable for young eyes, Everyone can see the ombudsman section so what makes it different to the rest of the forum just because your discussing it? Its still seen by the people that the rule is in place to protect. ~T~

Again I agree with what your saying.

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

everything isnt allowed here... there's a big piece of common sense (which isnt all that common) involved...

its usually quite transparent whether its used for example, or to insult...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Zeratul wrote:everything isnt allowed here... there's a big piece of common sense (which isnt all that common) involved...

its usually quite transparent whether its used for example, or to insult...

I really don't think it matters wether its used as an insult or not, if its used in a discussion or its used as an insult someone of an innocent age still see's excactly the same thing, they don't see the difference just the banned words, if its a warnable offense in other parts ot the forums then it sure doesn't need to be repeated just because its being discussed. The idea is to stop these words being used full stop, not to be moved over to another part of the forum for "discussion" where anybody can still access. ~T~
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Well then perhaps this section should include some kind of disclaimer, because I can see how rules might occasionally be contravened in the interests of furthering a discussion or coming to a resolution. Making everything anathema in the forum discussion area would be too limiting, in my opinion.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Easy^
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Mordack, if you followed the other thread you know why this started, mainly because sometimes MODs decide to warn and sometimes not, which is clearly BIAS.... its either warning for everyone or for noone...no "friendly" patting on the head.

PS: and yes the rules for you guys discussing "words" are clearly different, because i do believe, not everything can be seen by the general SGW public.

Now back to FRACK....just a question.... i saw a movie and the dude used a word Mother Fugger, and i guess since frack is okay ( because its in Battlestar Galactica) than this should be fine aswell since it was in a movie and aired on TV?

And if you guys haven't noticed, TV rules about profanity have dropped, and are dropping a lot, even words forbidden here are being allowed on TV, so maybe its time for a little change of the rules in the other direction? Considering the fact there is no definition of Swearing/masking around here that would answer my questions and papas questions.
I mean some words are often directed at the one speaking and even if they're somewhat made out of "bad" words, they can be put together in a phrase that is funny, and common i could say. Example: **Filtered** Me! (in a moment of surprise, etc... nothing offensive).

Easy
The Leader and Creator of Forgotten Serenity
Spoiler
Champions Train, Losers Complain!
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

if this whole dissension/topic got pulled a bit off track with the post by jack, well, it because the post brought up one more instance when masking was............... ok/not ok/ i am so confused i think i wear a mask to the users of this forum, and regular user all so it's not an instance of..well u should know the rules....we do....

the whole issue, i believe after have about a day to think about it,is this:

What do we as users expect the conduct and content on this forum should be, and how are the mod going to enforce it, and what is admin going to do to make the job of the mods easier, by clearly defining content/conduct
Easy^ Rocks
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Isn`t "****" just as effective as "_Filtered_"... I mean it`s about equally hard to piece together the sentiment from the context it was put in.

Infact, leaving it up to the filter to make it acceptable seems more "raw" to me. Atleast if you slap in the *s you show some selfcensorship...

Anyhoo I`d just penalize blatant filter evasion. And filter should filter out just the most blatant profanities. We`ll all survive if someone slaps in a " FUBAR " once in a while I reckon. I don`t see the big deal. K.I.S.S.
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

lol quite the controversy from this masking....... errrr stuff, yes that word should be safe :lol:

Selective implementation of warnings/bans, and selective application of rules to some obvious swear words and not others, or acronyms, ah well politicians and Bureaucrats have their weapons of choice, mine tastes are far simpler.

Being old enough to know that being right isn't always enough I shall attempt to rise above this. If the letter or the law ( rules in this case ) are put ahead of the spirit they were written in and used by some for personal reasons to ban me or others again so be it.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

so basicaly i cant tell some one to STHU but not shut the F*ck up?
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

STHU is fine. It's what the filter changes ST-F-U to.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Radiance wrote:STHU is fine. It's what the filter changes ST-F-U to.

I would have warned you for masking if I could be bothered :lol:

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”