harchester strikes back - Unfair waring issued

Ombudsman Case Archives
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

harchester strikes back - Unfair waring issued

i was given a warning for spam in the looking for officers threads

Radiance wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=16&p=1969519#p1969519 .

Spamming recruitment threads is not allowed. Your usernotes say "No more verbal warnings", so this one goes straight on your record.

harchester wrote:whats ur id

i herd harch might mass you
i herd harch is sexy
i herd harch masses all other commanders that could potentially steal his officers
i herd you love harch
i herd harch is ur GOD
i herd harch is ur master

be my officer ill spare ur current commander
and officers 8)

harch - GOD complex

as you can clearly see yes i spammed but my reply was ontopic as i stated that he could be my officer, as this reply was in the topic of officers and i replied that he could join up to me why the heck was i warned [-X

Ombudsman i would like to see my warning reverted ;)

Harch
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: harchester strikes back - Unfair waring issued

As far as I know you are not allowed to "piggy-back" recruitment threads just like you can't do in market threads.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

With the Ombudsman on holiday, this might take a few days.
Let's not spam this topic, just put your case forward, and I post my explanation for the warning.

The thread is from a person, looking for officers, not for a commander.
Your post is about him becoming your officer -see (1)- and not 'stealing potential officers of harchester' himself -see (2)-.

Let's translate this to a marketplace. (The comparison is not that strange, after all, "officers seeking commanders" and "commanders seeking officers" follows basically the same principle.)

Salesman A is offering apples.
Salesman B strolls the marketplace, and comes across A who is shouting "Apples for sale!".
Salesman B tells A to stop selling apples, and instead -very weird!!-, buy apples from B.
Then, A's current supplier of apples will not be sued, and A and his clients will not be harrassed.
The market-master sees this going on, calls the cops and has salesman B arrested for intimidation.

Tezerul is offering his service as a commander (looking for officers).
Harchester strolls the forum, and reads Tezerul's thread; "Looking for Officers!"
Harchester tells Tezerul to stop looking for officers -see (2)- and instead -very weird!!-, become his officer.
Then, Tezerul's current commander will not be massed, and Tezerul and his officers will not be harrassed -see (1)-.
The resident moderator sees this going on, and warns Harchester for spamming.

I rest my case.
(Besides, your post was spam by your own admission. Now spam in itself isn't bad, but threatening someone in his recruitment thread is a degree above spamming with friends in their recruitment threads. This is common practice.)

harchester wrote:i was given a warning for spam in the looking for officers threads

Radiance wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=16&p=1969519#p1969519 .

Spamming recruitment threads is not allowed. Your usernotes say "No more verbal warnings", so this one goes straight on your record.

harchester wrote:whats ur id

i herd harch might mass you
i herd harch is sexy
i herd harch masses all other commanders that could potentially steal his officers (2)
i herd you love harch
i herd harch is ur GOD
i herd harch is ur master

be my officer ill spare ur current commander
and officers 8) (1)

harch - GOD complex

as you can clearly see yes i spammed but my reply was ontopic as i stated that he could be my officer, as this reply was in the topic of officers and i replied that he could join up to me why the heck was i warned [-X

Ombudsman i would like to see my warning reverted ;)

Harch
Tropic Thunder
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: lol
Race: Lulz
ID: 69040

Radiance wrote:I rest my case.
(Besides, your post was spam by your own admission. Now spam in itself isn't bad, but threatening someone in his recruitment thread is a degree above spamming with friends in their recruitment threads. This is common practice.)

How is it spam, he was trying to get a officer in a creative and eventfull mannor. ;)
So? how is threatening to mass someone against the rules? hes just trying to ge a officer :roll:

lulz?
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

Tropic Thunder wrote:

How is it spam, he was trying to get a officer in a creative and eventfull mannor. ;)
So? how is threatening to mass someone against the rules? hes just trying to ge a officer :roll:

As clarky posted piggy backing which is crap means every one should have atleast one warning in one way or another

* sorry harchy guese were not allowed to talk or have fun around here any more *
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Tropic Thunder wrote:

](*,) Funny guy, you're spamming yourself now.

He hijacked a thread, which is spam and against the rules, butted in with some random threat-story about how he masses people if they don't do what he says. Creative, maybe, but spam, and unwanted. Much like all comments from third parties who only intend to cloud the issue by spinning tales around this.
So forgive me for doing my job, I trust the Ombudsman will do his.
harchester
Forum History

Radiance wrote:
Tropic Thunder wrote:

](*,) Funny guy, you're spamming yourself now.

He hijacked a thread, which is spam and against the rules, butted in with some random threat-story about how he masses people if they don't do what he says. Creative, maybe, but spam, and unwanted. Much like all comments from third parties who only intend to cloud the issue by spinning tales around this.
So forgive me for doing my job, I trust the Ombudsman will do his.

i wanted an officer

so i made an impact a different reply from any1 else in that thread
to stand out

which i did

cause i got him and he was my officer :-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

:-s Yours was the only other post in that thread. Don't pretend you were trying to 'stand out'. That's ridiculous, no one else posted.
But you can help me. Find similar posts in that section, and I'll warn them too. Oh wait, I took care of most of them already. "Doing my job, mr. unsatisfied customer." :P

Surely you understand all this. I know you're just acting the part of the troll on occasion -shame, really-, and that you are actually a pretty intelligent albeit young man, capable of reasonable thought. :)
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

even tough i'll not reply in the next 24hours or so.

did harchester make his own topic with that post or did he post that in a thread made by someone looking for a CO or was it i a thread where a CO was looking for officers becausse:

1- he can write topics like he wants as long as he's recruiting and stays within the rules
2- it does seem spamish (will need a closer look)
3- threat hijacking, and that's something that shoudn't be done
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

zeekomkommer wrote:even tough i'll not reply in the next 24hours or so.

did harchester make his own topic with that post or did he post that in a thread made by someone looking for a CO or was it i a thread where a CO was looking for officers becausse:

1- he can write topics like he wants as long as he's recruiting and stays within the rules

Harchester posted in Tezerul's thread, did not create his own, thereby hijacking the thread with his spam.

I am not contesting his freedom to post.
harchester
Forum History

Radiance wrote:

Harchester posted in Tezerul's thread, did not create his own, thereby hijacking the thread with his spam.

i replied to stand out from any competition
i did so
i got the officer
i won out of other potentials I GOT THE GUY to be my officer
due to the method and way i replied
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

harchester wrote:
Radiance wrote:

i did so
i got the officer
You're conveniently forgetting that the guy was looking for OFFICERS, not for a commander. :-k
harchester
Forum History

Radiance wrote:
harchester wrote:
Radiance wrote:

i did so
i got the officer
You're conveniently forgetting that the guy was looking for OFFICERS, not for a commander. :-k

your wrong that guy asked to be my officer after i posted that ;)
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

okey if the guy was looking for officers then you were indeed hijacking a thread. i mean you don't go into a thread where someone is selling uu or AT's and say: buy from me i do it cheaper.

wheter or not you got him to be your officer is rather irrelivant harch cuz he was looking for officers and not a CO

closed

Return to “Case Archives”