Ideas

S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Ideas

Next era needs to be much better than this one. Otherwise Q will fade into nothingness.
I'd like people to suggest some things to stop this happening. I know there is little chance our ideas will be listned to, and admin hasn't exactly been reading the forum much. But if we can compile a list of good ideas we can agree on before next era. I will try my best to make sure he takes them into account.

I'd like suggestions in 2 categories.

1. Something that NEEDS to be changed.
(something negatively affecting gameplay that needs to be fixed before we can move forward)

2. Something that would improve the game.
(something new or an altered feature to improve the game)

All ideas are welcomed, but try to keep them straightforward. Nothing too complicated. And remember we will try to agree on them as well, so keep it all fair for all.
S1eepy
Forum Elite

Re: Ideas

1. Something that NEEDS to be changed.

Change the techs back to no automatic growth. It was a good idea, but has not worked out. Now people just ignore techs completely. This means less tactical choices, and a less competarive game.

Turns need to be reduced. I have 2 ideas for this
A. change the turns scalable on the Market from 1200 to 500.
This would create more competition. Because people would have to farm actives instead of just relying on inactives.
B. Or have a maximum capacity for Turns. 10k would be good.
This would stop people stockpiling a crazy amount of turns and using them when the inactives are biggest (at the end) It would mean people would have to be active constantly. If this was active this wave, I would have no chance of winning. Which, after 3-4 weeks of not farming, is fair.

Change the battle system back to normal!
Attack Vs Defence
Anti-Covert kills spies on successful attack.
Defence is NOT sent on attack missions.
The new battle system was fun for a while. But it doesn't work. It's too easy to abuse, and not as good as the old system, even I'd it worked correctly (can't kill spies etc)

2. Something that would improve the game

Bring MotherShips back.
Whilst not essential for the game, this is something I'd love to see return to the game.
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

S1eepy wrote:1. Something that NEEDS to be changed.

Change the techs back to no automatic growth. It was a good idea, but has not worked out. Now people just ignore techs completely. This means less tactical choices, and a less competarive game.

Turns need to be reduced. I have 2 ideas for this
A. change the turns scalable on the Market from 1200 to 500.
This would create more competition. Because people would have to farm actives instead of just relying on inactives.
B. Or have a maximum capacity for Turns. 10k would be good.
This would stop people stockpiling a crazy amount of turns and using them when the inactives are biggest (at the end) It would mean people would have to be active constantly. If this was active this wave, I would have no chance of winning. Which, after 3-4 weeks of not farming, is fair.

Change the battle system back to normal!
Attack Vs Defence
Anti-Covert kills spies on successful attack.
Defence is NOT sent on attack missions.
The new battle system was fun for a while. But it doesn't work. It's too easy to abuse, and not as good as the old system, even I'd it worked correctly (can't kill spies etc)

2. Something that would improve the game

Bring MotherShips back.
Whilst not essential for the game, this is something I'd love to see return to the game.

Things that need to be changed
1. Definitely less turns, 240 farms a day is way too much of a hassle,
if you do SGW calculations, they're only farming like 40 people a day (maybe i'm wrong)
And definitely you will have competition like s1eepy said

2. Scale down tech growths, I don't mind them growing, but they grow too fast for any realistic profit

3. Again what s1eepy said, put in a max cap, that way you don't have to be active everyday to earn daily turns, but you will have to be active every here and there

4. The new system is cool but too many bugs in it, if the bugs were fixed, and i guess it seems to be a popular, spy killing was brought back, it'll be fine

Something that would improve the game

1. Less bugs, but new features
Chaos is coming out with cool new stuff, why can't Q?
i'd love to see alliance / race superweapons, or planets...
Otherwise people won't play

2. And definitely MS!
In honour of harch : P

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
knight
The Lulz

I love the game as it is.

Maybe because I'm too lazy to log-in more than a few times a day. :smt047

S1eepy
Forum Elite

knight37 wrote:I love the game as it is.

Maybe because I'm too lazy to log-in more than a few times a day. :smt047

I log in once a day, sometimes 2ce, to bank and buy UP when needed.
I have only just started farming again after 3-4 weeks of the above. And yet I have a significant chance of wiinning. This should not be, given my activity. I should be able to make a good push, and make top 5 at most.

If techs didnt grow at a crazy rate - I would have been farmed to crap, because my techs would have been much lower than anyone farming actives. (Which no-one is because of the huge amount of turns making it more effective to farm inactives, combined with the fact any big strike can be massed away in a matter of seconds)

This is a current example of a few of the many problems. If you think the game is good as it is. Then you are in for a treat when it gets fixed up to its potential xD
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

1. Something that needs to be changed:
Admin has to start being active and actually listen to us

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

in order to get this game back to StarGateWARS, rather than StarGateSTATBUILDING.....

BRING BACK:

1) Ability to KILL spies/AC - No idea why this was removed in the first place??

2) Motherships! - everyone loves motherships!

3) Spying = covert vs covert (sab = cov vs AC is FINE)

4) a FUN twist to each wave... Giving everyone uber defense is not a twist, especially when you can still mass strikes if you have tiny att/def compared to theirs, and you can't kill their cov/AC even if you do mass them!

5) Military XP - doesn't need to be ranked, but everyone loves it!

6) An active ADMIN (even a half active one?...)

GET RID OF:

Massing strikes when you have **Filtered** stats compared to theirs...I thought it was fixed?.. I am sorry but all I can say is FAIL.

Just those few things will make a wave a million times better. Not that I even know why I am bothering to post this, seeing as I seem to say the same thing every few weeks? :smt117

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.

HippyFool wrote:
6) An active ADMIN (even a half active one?...)

i think the admin should give it to a dedicated player who's good at programming

the reason for this :
there will be updates
more people will play
admin gets more money
less maintenance (if any, right now)

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
S1eepy
Forum Elite

you mean a new admin.

Like Chaos has its own admins, origins has its own admins (which we are supposed to share)

Its a great idea. But at the moment, not realistic. Not enough people play Q to make it worth a sole admin. If we get a few decent waves in a row, this should change quickly. Then we may get our own admin... till then.. we have to stick with little changes that will make the good eras
~kazmir~
Fledgling Forumer
Race: WaterMelon
ID: 1934782

I got an idea that just popped into my head :smt115

I remember when i first started to play the main realm over 3 years ago.
I also played the chaos realm as well, now, what i want to suggest is that you basicly turn Q realm into the old school chaos realm??

With all the same stuff levels and all that gismos and gadgets!!
I loved the old Chaos realm and want to play another realm that can be just like it.

So what you think of my idea???
Deerslayer
Fledgling Forumer

There wasn't the problems till the changed it from the old school to this stupid ship crap. It just needs to go back to the way it was 2 waves ago and every wave before that. Motherships, training UU's and ME. You can have any of that stupid dragons or gods. I don't think that bothered ppl. As you can see though...when you went to the living ships, activeness went right out the window. Plus you have the fact that I have seen I don't know how many ppl try to start playing this wave after about half way through and then just deleted when the couldn't farm at all.
It is, what it is......
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

my one and only suggestion, nay request, please please please take away the polarised shield thing. It's uber lame. I have been back for a total of 5 days and there are people that have polarised me before i even attack them :cry:
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Until Quantum has a game playing system whereby truly powerful Stats and truly powerful Weaponry can only be obtained by Purchasing and eligibility requirements that have a time based or troop level component (i.e. To purchase level XX weapons you must have XX number of Troops, and XX number of Super Troops in place for XX number of hours/days to open the capabilities to get higher Weapons/levels) then Quantum will always remain a Start hard and fast (Farm Fest?) wait 75 days (horde ATs) then Farm hard, purchase fast, finish strong game that resets every 90 days.

As long as that strategy remains viable, the Q universe will never be truly active for all 90 days. I believe if I play a few minutes every day for 90 solid days, I should be able to beat 95% of the players who did not (If I play a lot per day, I should be able to easily beat 98-99%). But, there are too many 'outlets' built into the game for both super swift catch up, and the "sleeper strategy" to start an Era, build UP for a week or two, wait 8-9 weeks, and play for the last week or two and finish Top 10.

OK, yes, if someone starts a month into the Era they should be able to compete... yes, I've done that before. But, the difference is, I did that with the realistic expectation that I would not finish Top 10-15.

Simplify the game, simplify the battle system, simplify the Weapons and/or Motherships, add TIME BASED AND TROOP LEVEL BASED advancement eligibilities into the game, place ONE simple added Era 'Feature', and let us have at it!!

Also, can we please Ask Admin again to take a week or so between Eras, allow them to "Cook" the bun, butter it, and then open up the Era fixed, tested (somewhat) and give them the time to do it right. Q could easily be 75-80 day Eras with 15 or 10 Day Era Reset periods in between, could it not??

I could be patient, for good Eras!!
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Forum Irregular
Race: BAMF
ID: 5418

wow soo many optimists are playing quantum... and they do beleive something will chang for the better... and they still suggest... #-o

and i keep reading the forum from time to time... ](*,)
Apogryph
Forum Elite
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Forgotten
ID: 1930282

Armed & Dangerous wrote:wow soo many optimists are playing quantum... and they do beleive something will chang for the better... and they still suggest... #-o

and i keep reading the forum from time to time... ](*,)

:lol: :lol:

its true but it is fun to dream :P

i think an old school wave would be fun to play

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”