What to do with a fellow like this?

A place to discuss 'Market Stuff'

Moderator: Market Mods

schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Re: What to do with a fellow like this?

I haven't left anything.

As for Nutbolt he is relatively new to the game I think, at least to the Alliance, as for people thinking he is trying to trap people I don't think this is the case he simply wishes to buy turns at 400k uu per 1k turns, I'd sell at this price (If I could take uu) and do on many an occasion sell turns for naqudah cheaper than current market rates. As I don't use turns personally or very rarely, i.e only in war. I have no desire to spend my time farming :P

Many players have suppliers who for various reasons, (kindness, supporting continual traders, and so on,) sell to them at under market value for goods. I.e Market price for Uu is what 700, 800, I know of players, including some in Tech who sell for 500/600 (inc. to non-tech players)

Nutbolt isn't trying to trap anyone, just wants turns cheaper than some would like to sell them for, their is no crime in this.

The players who do the "traps" you speak of, are the vermin who broker you for your turns or uu or w.e with a 0 missing, i.e (70 bil naq for 1 mil uu as apposed to 700 bil), easy to miss, expecially if your trying to do it quickly, they also advertise buying at 700 bil as well, and catch you out when your most vunerable with all your goods out in the open trying to quickly accept your broker.

Nutbolt is just trying to find some cheap turn suppliers, we all have them, he isn't trying to trap anybody, I will sell to him at his rate of 400k, and im sure many other players don't care what they sell their turns for either as they just sit on their account wasting at 5k. If you don't want to sell your turns at a lower rate than the maximum you can possibly get for them, then fine.

If somebody asks me to sell them naqudah for $ and I ask for $5 per tril naqudah does that mean I'm trying to trap them, no, just making good business :P

As for technocracy coming for you if you hit its members, meh, we are not warmongers, we are not scammers or extortionists, we are peaceful traders, treat us like we treat others, i.e don't come mass us for well... trying to do what we do best which is trade, and we will have no reason to do anything other than keep on trading.

If you have any kind of problem with any of our members for any reason, don't think "well I'll just mass them", send myself or billusballus or Bio a PM and we should be able to sort out said problem peacefully.

Peace And Love.

12ag.

(Advice for traders out their, If you wish to know the competitive price on a good you wish to trade, scan the market topics, their will be both extremes of high and low rates, depending on some peoples need or lack their of for profiteering. Work out the medium to find a competitive price and trade their or work out your own rates for your various profiteering.

If you wish to trade at 1/2 the rates other people trade with, fine, but good luck getting any trades. You will find a couple players who like to trade no matter the rate, these players will never be the best players in the game due to their inability to profit and grow, but generally these people are nice to talk too. being that their not greedy resource hogs ;))
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

schuesseled
Forum Expert

To add.

Nutbolt has been informed about the dislike of his rates by the fellow traders and asked to change them by Billus, in the spirit of fair trading he has or will be changing them in the near future as far as I'm aware.

Hopefully this solves any issues of Jealousy you people might have about him getting turns too cheaply, because if we are honest, this is what the fuss is about :-D :lol: :smt047

Also to note, I get given and give out turns for free!, so If you think 400k uu is a bad rate, what be 0k. [-X

Oh and Mods I think its suffice to say, go ahead and lock this thread, the issue has been dealt with. :-)

And to note a point at the people who see "xXX has done xxx" without knowing any context behind the situation and generally come up with wrong conclusions, then go around posting "IM A MASS THAT SON OF A MOTHER!" you really should take more care in your massing decisions or who deserves to be massed.

The following was someone who deserves to be massed for their messages, [spoiler]
1. I have not received such an unsolicited market proposal in a PM. But one of my friends did recently, while I sat right next to him. This one wasn't even offering close to the market price (from memory he wanted to pay 200b/300k). I told him to refuse and the replies he received, though not specific, implied that there would be consequences for failing to trade - and contained a revised, yet still monumentally unfair offer. We just said no again and never heard back.

As hes blatently an extortionist[/spoiler]

The following to advertise their trade rates does not deserve to be massed
[spoiler]
a player wrote:
Hi, I am buying turns for the rate of 400k UU per 1k ATs. I will buy as many as you have for sale. I will buy from anyone you know as well.

Just setup the broker for as many as you have and Ill accept ASAP. Thank you

Xxxxxxx

As this contains no form of trickery or intimidation, is just a straight up trade offer, if your not interested, you not even need reply.[/spoiler]

Sorry for the double post, but meh not my fault no ones bothered to post for 3 hours.

nutbolt
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: Ancient Indu
ID: 68198

I would just like to point out quickly before this thread gets locked that the odd really good player gets my trade rate offer because I message people who are above 1000 and ascended, that way I am not prying on new inexperienced players.

If people don't want to trade that is cool and I am fine with it as I say to players who reply saying no thank you.

I am sorry to those of you who disliked my messages and I have taken this into consideration.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

nutbolt wrote:I would just like to point out quickly before this thread gets locked that the odd really good player gets my trade rate offer because I message people who are above 1000 and ascended, that way I am not prying on new inexperienced players.

If people don't want to trade that is cool and I am fine with it as I say to players who reply saying no thank you.

I am sorry to those of you who disliked my messages and I have taken this into consideration.

My sincere apologies, Nutbolt. I had no intention of painting a picture of you as a vile person; in my book, you are cleared.

*watches as her nose turns blue from the wall she ran into earlier* :oops:

And hi 12ag! :)
lone dragon
Forum Expert
Race: something

Soundwave wrote:
a player wrote:Hi, I am buying turns for the rate of 400k UU per 1k ATs. I will buy as many as you have for sale. I will buy from anyone you know as well.

Xxxxxxx

:-k Preying on unwitting subjects to find very cheap deals.
Be advised to keep up to date on current pricing, so as not to fall for, but instead to foil feeble traps like this.

I was hoping to ask if this is not fair, what is reasonable, I would like to know this when I buy or sell. Like is 500 to 600 naq fair and 500 to 700 uu per 1k fair?
Spoiler
天龍; Fight a good fight...as I will rise from the ashes..
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

lone dragon wrote:
Soundwave wrote:
a player wrote:Hi, I am buying turns for the rate of 400k UU per 1k ATs. I will buy as many as you have for sale. I will buy from anyone you know as well.

Xxxxxxx

:-k Preying on unwitting subjects to find very cheap deals.
Be advised to keep up to date on current pricing, so as not to fall for, but instead to foil feeble traps like this.

I was hoping to ask if this is not fair, what is reasonable, I would like to know this when I buy or sell. Like is 500 to 600 naq fair and 500 to 700 uu per 1k fair?

The point of this thread isn't really the price of the ATs as such. It's more about players who try to acquire ATs for cheaper prices by operating outside the market.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

but yes those rates aren't bad the reason no one likes him is because he asks for about half of the rate that the market is
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
schuesseled
Forum Expert

Greased, you make out like you perhaps think people who do not post their trading rates in the market and trade via PM'ing people or via MSN to be crooks, and that trying to get more bang for your buck so to speak is also something to be offended by.
Perhaps I misunderstood your words, perhaps you meant something other than one can perceive from the words you write, I'd hope so.

ToToRo, a person's rates being cheaper than you'd like to trade with them for is no reason to dislike them, that is just the evil green sin of jealousy bearing its ugly head. If a rate is not to your liking, simply don't trade with them. You should only hold contempt for traders who scam or extort or don't hold contempt at all.

Hello Universe :razz:

LoneDragon, the average or competitive rates change all the time, best way to figure it out on your own, as you cant simply ask every time you want to know, is to scan the topics in the market, see what others are selling for, seeing the average price something goes for this way is very quick & easy.

Kaps1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Gao'uld
ID: 75061

Offers for trades can be in any amount the buyer/seller likes. I trade AT all the time. I buy with USD and sell for naq. I sell as low/high as I want to who I want. There has been absolutely no crime commited here. And to Mass A person for their trade offer is ridiculous.

If you are offended at the offer, tell the buyer no thanks and move on. When I was new, I sold my AT to a guy a won't name[as he still plays] for 100bil/K, the actual rates were 225-275bil/K. But I was to lazy to go to the forums, so I paid for it. That was my fault! Doesn't make anyone a criminal though.

But to mass someone cause they gave a rate you didn't agree with, cause you can is just being a bully!
" To live is to suffer, to survive is to find the meaning within the suffering "

Trade Feedback Please!
http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=139209
schuesseled
Forum Expert

Nicely said, though now-a-days you can get massed for anything and everything, just the way the game has gone I suppose, be better if you blacklisted the whole game, deleted the forumn from your bookmarks and sat quitely in your corner. [-(

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

No crime here. I even have people who very occasionally GIVE... yes GIVE me attack turns. Its only a couple of k a year in most cases, but if i ask and they are willing to give, then there is no problem. It would be no different if I offered them a small amount of naq. If they want to sell, they will sell. If not, no biggie. You don't like his offer. Don't trade with him. If no-one trades with him, he will have to increase the price he is offering.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Norbe wrote:No crime here. I even have people who very occasionally GIVE... yes GIVE me attack turns. Its only a couple of k a year in most cases, but if i ask and they are willing to give, then there is no problem. It would be no different if I offered them a small amount of naq. If they want to sell, they will sell. If not, no biggie. You don't like his offer. Don't trade with him. If no-one trades with him, he will have to increase the price he is offering.

~Norbe~

Well said. I have revised my opinion.
Sir Phoenix Knight
Forum Regular
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Kryptonian
ID: 1949343
Alternate name(s): ~KAL EL~

:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 :smt044

man nutty you have a lot of fans i say mass him but leave his CO alone cause it is me :-$
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

No necromancing.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Return to “Market Discussion”