Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Re: Complaint responses

got an e-mail.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Hitchkok wrote:got an e-mail.

then all is good I guess?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

deni wrote:

well, there are some other reports i didn't get a notification for, but WTH.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Hitchkok wrote:
deni wrote:

that might have been issue from the forum server... the emailing system is sometimes behaving oddly...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
papa~smurf
Forum Addict
Alliance: fool killer
Race: human

i am kinda wondering if not two issues are being addressed here

1) if the system as it is suppose to work is working

2) that some user are under the belief (silly bears that they are) that when they red flag a post using the system in place, some live active human, admin or mod (and these are not interchangeable terms) will tell them (politely, being the key word) in a pm how there report was handled.

know mods are busy, and yes, some users will red flag the silliest of things, however, i do think it is a users right to know< when he has an honest concern>, how it has been handled. In fact this might just create a better understanding between the users (that are involved daily in forum posting), and the admin/mod team, with out the need for yet a new thread questioning the mod team and its over all diction.

carry on....

HAPPY 420 :-D
Last edited by papa~smurf on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easy^ Rocks
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it is no requirement to do so, no...

but if you are curious, send a pm to a relevant mod as well...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:roll: You're inventing some issue that doesn't exist.
Again with the 'right to ..' talk? You don't have rights.
You can be handed a courtesy, but you have no right to it.
A mod might provide you with an explanation / followup, and they might not.

Heck, I have wonderful templates I use when someone reports an issue, but there are people who just won't appreciate it. There is no reason to invest time in someone who isn't going to do anything with what you've said. You understand this.

You report something, we handle it. Sometimes you hear from it, sometimes you don't. When you don't and you do want to know, ask. How complicated is that? :-)
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

well honestly, really think that redundant on the users part, they already have mark a post, and asked for a response, to say the system response is all u get, fine, however, don't u think that in some cases the user should not have to ask again the same thing ? or make a new thread to question what happen to there report ?

just wondering your view on this
Easy^ Rocks
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Hitchkok wrote:
deni wrote:

If it happens again, then post here or send a pm to Bazsy so he can look into it. Maybe that way we can replicate the bug :)

@papa-smurf: not all users want to be "bothered" with forum stuff. Actually from my experience so far only a few want a feedback on the action taken regarding a certain post.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

papa~smurf wrote:well honestly, really think that redundant on the users part, they already have mark a post, and asked for a response, to say the system response is all u get, fine, however, don't u think that in some cases the user should not have to ask again the same thing ? or make a new thread to question what happen to there report ?

just wondering your view on this
I do not agree that reporting a post means that a mod has to inform the user of what happens with t.
I do agree that the user doesn't have to make a thread. (That would be counterproductive anyway.) What I suggest is that the user puts in the text (on the report-page) a note that he's interested in the outcome. That way, when reporting something of less import to you, you can just leave that out and the report is handled as usual, but when a mod handles an issue you reported with the request for information, he is more likely to provide said intel.
When a mod doesn't, however, that is not a fault, or disrespect.. sometimes we have people reporting lots of posts in a short period of time. Should a mod reply to each and every one of those reports? I think not. Most reports -and this is speaking from experience- are reports for the sake of reporting. Not for the sake of the threads.. or the forum.. just for the sake of clicking that button. (I'll understand if you don't buy that, but the bogus reports we get are.. annoying.)

:) That would be my view. Personally, I try to provide a proper reply with each report, but every mod has their own way of doing it. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Umm i got my answer back on page one :) lol you guys can close this now :lol:
NVM i just got Pwned :) YOU TOLD ME EARY!!! hehehhehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
papa~smurf
Forum Addict

fair enough deni, but then once again, admin/mod responsibilities become subjective, and defined. But that whole other can of worms.

would u guys be against to having to have to send a message to the user who marked a post ? Even if it was a standard response that contained only the basic info (ea, mod handling...closed, action taken/no action ) ? Know that it would be a pain, but hell, u took the job, and seeing that the word "job" is in it, it must mean some work, even if u don't wanta do it....

speaking of which, im late lol ck back in 8 hrs or so.....
Easy^ Rocks
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Yeah sorry Papa i'm inclined to agree with the mods on this one OMG THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END lol but i don't see why they would have too do such a thing... it would take far to much time for something most users could careless about... and if it's as simple as just PM'ing the mod then it would make us have to do the work if we were nosey (which by the way i'm so PMing mods) hahahahaha
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

It would be pointlessly obnoxious to force mods to send out PMs everytime they deal with a report. Especially for mods in high traffic areas with they deal with a lot of reports daily.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “Case Archives”