Ombudsman Case Archives
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Complaint and need a explaination

KnowLedge wrote:you guys along with Jack fail to see the logic, .
Okay. Let's take a step back here.
Everyone here so far disagrees with your view, including the people who write the rules, the people who enforce the rules, and the people who mediate between Staff and users.
And yet, you claim that we are the ones not seeing the logic? :? I'll be the last person to resort to a 'majority is right'-argument, but in this case, it's true.

And your claim, about "the majority of the world" considering "skinny white kid" an insult.. is hilarious.
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator
ID: 0

I understand its not reputable. and thats not my argument here.

Read this and Read this carefully.. I will NOT Be repeating this.
in the MODERN world, "E-Thug" is associated with "skinny-White kid". I understand that this 'proof' comes from urban dictionary. BUT the reason why its on urban dictionary is because many of the 7 billion people on this earth are using that definition for that word. That is the REASON why urbandictionary exists.. its to translate what modern people are using and understanding.

From my point of view and of many Modern people, This is an insult. Im not saying its an insult cause urban dictionary says so. Im saying it is an insult because that is what I and 90% of the worlds population sees the word as being, and for this reason it is warnable, Jack.

I may be trying my luck clarkey, but it is indeed a valid argument and is in need of an explanation.
how is calling me a "skinny white kid" not a personal insult?
that remains to be answered by the mods or anyone.

we arent debating the source urban dictionary. we are debating weather "skinny white kid" IS or IS NOT a personal insult. Because indeed in the modern world, "E-Thug" is associated with "skinny white kid"

in short: if most of the world's population sees this word as a personal insult, then why doesn't this forum?

You can't expect the world to care about the feelings of over sensitive trolls, waisting peoples time.
Last edited by Thriller on Thu May 06, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

Juliette wrote:
Everyone here so far disagrees with your view, including the people who write the rules, the people who enforce the rules, and the people who mediate between Staff and users.
And yet, you claim that we are the ones not seeing the logic? :? I'll be the last person to resort to a 'majority is right'-argument, but in this case, it's true.

And your claim, about "the majority of the world" considering "skinny white kid" an insult.. is hilarious.

After making my point so much easy for brain to read, you still dont see the point
keep your stupid mouth out of this. You dont have to bring your head in everything, you know that rite?

let the ombudsman do his job and answer my questions.

warn me for that and we will see who is oversensitive :)
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Apophis
System Lord
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 666

lolololololololololol Is This Pathetic Thread Still Going On!

FORGET IT.

There Are Alot Worse Things To Be Called Than An E-Thug.

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
*Complete
*Complete

Spoiler
2009 - 2011
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 1,017,421,093
Spies Killed(50) 419,583,954
Spy Killers Killed(50) 138,887,098
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 3,543,996
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 3,237,353
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 684,458
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 6,227,773,906,622,364
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 1,773,399,377
TRADE FEEDBACK
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=165433
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

KnowLedge wrote:let the ombudsman do his job and answer my questions.

Haven't they already done that? I thought Jack had. :-k

Why should an e-thug be a skinny white man? why not fat white man? or black or asian? Why can it not be a skinny white girl? Why do they have to be pimple faced? Who made up this stuff.... that's right some random people on the internet.

Guess what Knowledge..... i have just registered on urban dictionary and submitted my version of e-thug... I hope they publish it... that will show exactly who has control over this "dictionary".

KnowLedge wrote:in short: if most of the world's population sees this word as a personal insult, then why doesn't this forum?
Please can you show us where "most of the worlds population" see this word as a personal insult. You must know billions of people that share your opinion.
Image ImageImageImage
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

KnowLedge wrote:
Juliette wrote:

After making my point so much easy for brain to read, you still dont see the point
keep your stupid mouth out of this. You dont have to bring your head in everything, you know that rite?

let the ombudsman do his job and answer my questions.

warn me for that and we will see who is oversensitive :)

She's a GM, and I don't see why she couldn't give her opinion, just because she doesn't agree with you. Juliette being stupid mouth. Lol. Coming from the one who wrote
[spoiler]

I understand its not reputable. and thats not my argument here.

Read this and Read this carefully.. I will NOT Be repeating this.
in the MODERN world, "E-Thug" is associated with "skinny-White kid". I understand that this 'proof' comes from urban dictionary. BUT the reason why its on urban dictionary is because many of the 7 billion people on this earth are using that definition for that word. That is the REASON why urbandictionary exists.. its to translate what modern people are using and understanding.

From my point of view and of many Modern people, This is an insult. Im not saying its an insult cause urban dictionary says so. Im saying it is an insult because that is what I and 90% of the worlds population sees the word as being, and for this reason it is warnable, Jack.

I may be trying my luck clarkey, but it is indeed a valid argument and is in need of an explanation.
how is calling me a "skinny white kid" not a personal insult?
that remains to be answered by the mods or anyone.

we arent debating the source urban dictionary. we are debating weather "skinny white kid" IS or IS NOT a personal insult. Because indeed in the modern world, "E-Thug" is associated with "skinny white kid"

in short: if most of the world's population sees this word as a personal insult, then why doesn't this forum?
[/spoiler] dares to say that she is a "stupid mouth"?
Priceless. Ab-so-lute-ly price-less.
You say We don't understand, but problem is it's YOU who doesn't understand! :lol:
Remember the bear example. Now, if I was to post a definition about squirrel being a very offensive word towards...I don't know, redhead people?...and used some proxies+friends to get myself so positive ratings (thumbs up), then this definition of my OWN invention, just to prove a point, would fit exactly by your own assuming, criterias you provided in your argument. Now, does the world consider (as you claim it does for e thug, while in my internet browsing for past years, my own definition that deni sumed it up well, represented probably like 9 out of 10 people opinions' regarding this e thug word?) squirrel word as an insult to red head people? I don't think so. But it would be in the UB, and would have gotten some votes. So by your own argumentation, it would be. :roll:

Thriller wrote:You can't expect the world to care about the feelings of over sensitive trolls, waisting peoples time.

Owned.

PS: to get back on your argumentation, who gives a DAMN about what "modern people" think throughout urban dictionary? Only things that matter are real dictionaries for words.

Clarkey wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:in short: if most of the world's population sees this word as a personal insult, then why doesn't this forum?
Please can you show us where "most of the worlds population" see this word as a personal insult. You must know billions of people that share your opinion.

It's just the people agreeing with this particular definition, if there was a flow of 300k people visiting it and giving a thumbs down, he would only see the few thumbs up. :-D
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Knowledge, here is an example of how reliable Urban Dictionary is...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=4943243

Check out Number 10. should be right at the top.
This version of e-Thug was written and submitted by yours truely.
Therefore the people involved in this version is myself, and maybe 1 or 2 people behind the scenes that published it.

See what I mean?
I wrote that definition myself. Just because I wrote it, and maybe 1 or 2 people agreed to publish it does not mean the majority of the worlds population agree with it.

So can we end this now?
Image ImageImageImage
LegendaryA
Forum Expert
Alliance: Lost Legends
ID: 7889

Clarkey wrote:Knowledge, here is an example of how reliable Urban Dictionary is...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=4943243

Check out Number 10. should be right at the top.
This version of e-Thug was written and submitted by yours truely.
Therefore the people involved in this version is myself, and maybe 1 or 2 people behind the scenes that published it.

See what I mean?
I wrote that definition myself. Just because I wrote it, and maybe 1 or 2 people agreed to publish it does not mean the majority of the worlds population agree with it.

So can we end this now?

Did I just gave a thumbs up to the definition you provided? 8-[
Looks like yes. :-D

OoC: I had a look at example provided for definition number one, and my god...it's like the exact way to talk of the person who insulted me in beta server aka Lord Ishkur (thread in general section)!!
Temp account.
Spoiler
>>Image <<
'Which country are you from?' [Poll]
Spoiler
~~New World Order (Novus Ordo Mundi) is bs. Novus ordo seclorum means "New World of the Ages".~~
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

to be quite honest, i don't see what outcome youre expecting, Knowledge.
do you want the ombudsman to force a mod/admin to warn pops?
good luck with that.
you have a better shot of convincing them youerself. and judging by what mods and admins posted on this thread so far, i wont give it an ice-cube's chanch in hell.
you had your answer, man up, suck it up and move on.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Jack and I ruled on this a few posts ago; against E-Thug being a warnable offense.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

alright, thats cool. I was just about to drop the thing anyways in this post..

Realized I was just making your life harder a little.. and thats not really my intention.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Lock'd