Total votes: 42
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: 2012- End of the world

buck wrote:Ascended Ra, if you live to be 450 years old, you will never be more wrong than you have just been.
*chuckles* Brilliant.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

mayan calendar is estimated to end its long cycle in 22.12.2012, its not said anywhere thats the date of end world but it coincide wit a few other important events, as the solar max cycle, which could be a devastating one, the visit of Nibiru (as for ancient text) which have a elliptic orbit to sun. the location of Nibiru on google earth space and microsoft telescope has been blackened.

theres smth fishy about this date and lot of efforts have been concentrated by nasa to resolve this puzzle. only in the south hemisphere have been built a few huge telescope in the last 5 years point that direction and hubble mission have been exteded to 2013-14 wit an investmend around 120bl $ in devices. so figureout
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Ascended Ra
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~T-E~
Race: Wraith
ID: 21

buck wrote:Ascended Ra, if you live to be 450 years old, you will never be more wrong than you have just been.

If u say so ill shoot to live that long and ill let u know :roll: and i dont think im wrong but thats fine with me :P also do some research on there calender and let me know what u think cause last time i check there calender is still more accurate then ours and not saying the world will end because of the calender, but just stating that the calender is more accurate.........
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Present your Evidence, useing Reputable sources, describeing in detail, How the Mayan Calander is more accurate than our own, and in what context said accuracy exists (we take time to be infinate, not finate, so how does one measurement of it exist more accurately over anouther?) and secondly, do the same, explaining how said mayan maths, is more accurate and advanced, than current day methods.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Ascended Ra
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~T-E~
Race: Wraith
ID: 21

buck wrote:Present your Evidence, useing Reputable sources, describeing in detail, How the Mayan Calander is more accurate than our own, and in what context said accuracy exists (we take time to be infinate, not finate, so how does one measurement of it exist more accurately over anouther?) and secondly, do the same, explaining how said mayan maths, is more accurate and advanced, than current day methods.

This is something i was reading about the Mayans and their calendar. Its not the most informative but it will do until i get some more.

"Our modern Western calendar was first introduced in Europe in 1582. It was based upon the Gregorian calendar, which calculated the Earth's orbit to take 365.25 days. This was 0.0003 of a day per year too much, but still exceptionally accurate for scientists living over 400 years ago.

The Mayan calendars were derived from those of their predecessors, the Olmec, whose culture dates back at least 3,000 years. Without the instruments of 16th century Europe, these Central American locals managed to calculate a solar year of 365.2420 days, just 0.0002 of a day short. More accurate than the Europeans, and much earlier. It is not known if the Olmecs created the Long Count calendar, or if they received it from an even earlier civilisation..."

And there math is much more accurate then what we use for calculating the days and time.

Ascended Ra
Lithium
Forum Zombie

buck , the mayan calendar isnt like our simple one , its a huge calendar that calcs events not known to nowadays scientists , its older then 3k years so figure out, perhaps i can advice u the Ancient.Aliens.2009.DVD or just visit xfacts.com for several intersting videos
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Umm.. did I see Nibiru? There is no such thing as Nibiru. 'Old texts' about Nibiru are fraudulent and non-historical.

It's like telling people that you have hidden a treasure on the beach (without doing so).
People will dig up the entire beach and find nothing. They notice the ice cream stand cannot be dug under.
Their 'logical' conclusion is that obviously the ice cream man is in league with the Devil who make the treasure invisible.
Then people have a party, because they know where their mystery treasure is. All signs point in that direction, neh?
It cannot be anywhere but under the ice cream truck.. the rest of the beach is, after all, clean.

People should use their heads and not buy into crap. Think L.R. Hubbard is the only one who wrote pieces on fictional planets, histories and other things? No.. this has happened since before the days of Classical Greece.
So 'Nibiru'? No, thank you.

I'd prefer the black hole I'm creating in my back yard. It sucks. ;)
Morbid Angel
Forum Newbie

Lithium wrote:mayan calendar is estimated to end its long cycle in 22.12.2012, its not said anywhere thats the date of end world but it coincide wit a few other important events, as the solar max cycle, which could be a devastating one, the visit of Nibiru (as for ancient text) which have a elliptic orbit to sun. the location of Nibiru on google earth space and microsoft telescope has been blackened.

theres smth fishy about this date and lot of efforts have been concentrated by nasa to resolve this puzzle. only in the south hemisphere have been built a few huge telescope in the last 5 years point that direction and hubble mission have been exteded to 2013-14 wit an investmend around 120bl $ in devices. so figureout

Nibiru is also known as Marduk, correct? If i remember correctly, Marduk was recorded as an Earth crossing planet by the Babylonians.
Morbid Angel
Forum Newbie

Ra wrote:If I'm not riding around on a motorcycle with a sawed of shot gun in 2012.. I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

I hope it's Diesel :P
Lithium
Forum Zombie

Juliette read more and speak less

have u ever seen a UFO? yet there are lots of evidences that cant be explained.

Nibiru is said to be the crossing planet , its on bible and genesis book , has many names.

many belive that our solar system have only 1 star which could be a rarity in the galaxy or even universe as for scients (ive onlyread their comments bout it), bisolar system or multiple are normal in the universe. Nibiru is an gas giant planet but its not the only one who cros nearby the earth ever 3600 years, (yet has to be confirmed his exact orbit to sun)

from ancient sumerian texts and genesis book its mentioned that nibiru hit Tiamat (earth) long time ago , result is the asteroid belt and draged earth in the current orbit while losing his satelite Moon.

another thing that looks very interesting are the earth poles which arent older then 4k years , and teh cause could be teh crossing planet which changes tehm by 29 degrees.

meh there are a lot of info that came from ancient history not confirmed by actual science and none is going to be open about whet they work. but u cant deny teh ancient texts
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

ohh so many mistakes about what should be considered basic astronomy facts.

Nibiru or whatever name is given for the so called X (or 10th) Planet theory is utter hogswash. The most likely explanations (following the razor principle) are;

A misidentification of the phenomenon observed

or

A failure to understand what is happening so something they know is attributed to the cause and then explain to the populace for the purposes of calming people.

The asteroid belt that exists outside of the Mars orbit was not created by a collision of Earth and another planet & you would be so very hard pressed to present evidence that such a collision is the reason for the Oort Cloud. I should point out that if you were to coalesce either belt into a single body, that body would have a mass much greater than the Earth. Also you wouldnt see the belts in the configuration they are currently in if they were the result of a planetary collision.

Please folks stop listening to 'science' that has no basis in observation.

EDIT:

Also a planetary collision would most likely in 98% of all such collisions that we can posulate as occuring 'naturally' lead to the complete destruction of both planets. So if such a collision took place there would be no Earth for us to be living on.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
Lithium
Forum Zombie

lol well mr science its so easy to contest , if u read carefully i was pointing some stuff of what i remember from reading ancient text sources, which arent in Nasa website or any other gov site , obviously.

to contest say a fact (from ancient texts) without providing a fact due to knowledge is really easy for out nowadays scients.
also one can say how true are these ancients informations? u ve just to read a bit to come to a conclusion they had more information of our solar system then we have gathered till now. a lil fact Planet Pluto was discovered between 1960-1970 while in sumerian text theres a map of planets showing the little planet orbit , the map is older then 3k years , there are also mentioned few details of other planets like the red one Mars.

takin no consideration of ancients discovers is a mistake , perhaps the writing of them leads to misunderstanding due to the capacity of explaining and the loss of many texts. however these few details documented +3k years ago are being discovered nowadays by space scientists
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Hitchkok
Forum Intermediate

i'm offering $50 right now, to anyone willing to sign off all of his earthly belongings to me - effective june 2013.
anyone writing 2012 is the end of the world. put your money where your keyboard is.
there is no useless knowledge, there is only knowledge we don't know how to use
math is the art of stating the obvious
click the banner.
yay, i have bragging rights
teal'c wrote:Jesus maybe Hitch should be ombudsman he seems to be the only one with brains around here
GhostyGoo wrote:Capitalism is responsible for the death of humanity through a complete and utter destruction of ethical conduct, you DO know this, right?
Thanks to capitalism, when your doctor tells you you require a kidney transplant to survive, you no longer can be certain if you actually need a kidney transplant or your doctor simply needs a new speedboat. Nice.

-Goo
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

this is such a MASSIVE subject its hard to know where to start because it involves so many accounts from all over the world. it also involves much more than just a calender...

for now all i will say is this, the idea that the Maya said the world will end in 2012 is a fallacy, what they said was the end of the 5th age is December 21st 2012. the Maya only wrote of 5 ages, which is where the fallacy is based. the assumption that the Maya only wrote of 5 ages, and we are fast approaching the 5th age must therefore mean the world ends then-is merely just that...assumption because the Maya didn't record a 6th, 7th, 8th etc etc etc age.

personally, i don't know what to believe, so all i have is speculation, its quite possible we will have some kind of spiritual and intellectual awakening, its also quite possible the planet will go through some dramatic changes, on the other hand Nibiru may return (who knows what kind of devastation that may cause!), or the world will carry on as before, happily circling its sun till the end of time or the sun goes nova, or we are hit by an asteroid/comet/whatever.

as for the ancient accounts, i believe its stupid, ignorant and extremely arrogant of us simply dismiss them as unscientific or mythological, if anything, the ancient peoples of this planet were EXTREMELY well versed in the sciences.

Hitchkok wrote:i'm offering $50 right now, to anyone willing to sign off all of his earthly belongings to me - effective june 2013.
anyone writing 2012 is the end of the world. put your money where your keyboard is.

you are pathetic...

whoops, did i say that out-loud?!?! :oops: :oops:

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan

Actually pluto was confirmed as existing in the 1930s (looks like you fell at the first hurdle there)

And it was in fact believed by many astronomers that pluto existed as far back as the 1500s. They just lacked the required equipment and knowledge to prove their theories or lucky observations during a close passing of plutos ecliptical orbit.

And todays astronomers arent 're-discovering' anything, they are infact proving or disproving something which is already known. Again something that should be taught at primary schools - The Scientific Process.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”