star wars - extended universe

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
lordernest
Forum Elite
Alliance: Loner
Race: TRUE GOD OF ALL
ID: 0

Re: star wars - extended universe

very good book but i think the others after traitor are a lil better but traitor is a classic book for this series.
" From the Darkness Arises an Old System Lord, ready to take back the glories lost in time." - Terak , First Prime of Ernest

"There is no fear, only terror
There is no resistance, only submission
There is no peace , only war
There is no fate, only consequences."
- Lord Ernest
Cult of Nemi
Fledgling Forumer

ernest wrote:very good book but i think the others after traitor are a lil better but traitor is a classic book for this series.

Yeah, but I like it more when put into context with future books, especially with the rise of the sith.

Like the ending of the series when the Vong's secret is revealed.
lordernest
Forum Elite

yeah with that lil rat(which i thought was disgraceful for such a great race as the Vong) lol; it also is supposed to show how and why Jacen Solo becomes and stays as Darth Caedus. Which the current books are trying to find out why he turned when he was such a great Jedi, it was his destiny and he was already Caedus once he returned( Jacen Died on the Seedship). Thats my opinion but there are other explanations which i cannot wait to hear about and perhaps expand on in the current series( as i continues). Just curious but is anyone on the Fate of the Jedi Series or is everybody still on New Jedi Order or Legacy?
" From the Darkness Arises an Old System Lord, ready to take back the glories lost in time." - Terak , First Prime of Ernest

- Lord Ernest
Cult of Nemi
Fledgling Forumer

Onto the Fate now. Daala is a bit of a rat fink :)
lordernest
Forum Elite

lol
even though Daala was kinda hot in teh earlier books, i liked Tavira better as a hot female pirate

- Lord Ernest
Cult of Nemi
Fledgling Forumer

ernest wrote:lol
even though Daala was kinda hot in teh earlier books, i liked Tavira better as a hot female pirate

Mara Jade was also hot in those earlier books as well ;) And both were Rangas.
lordernest
Forum Elite

you bet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Lord Ernest
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Traitor was interesting... we got around to finishing it today...

(we're down to reading only some four books right now, instead of the previous six ++)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
lordernest
Forum Elite

Interesting how it looked to them when they saw the worldship and didnt realize it.

- Lord Ernest
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

What were those jude watson ones... Jedi Apprentice? With young obi? Those were good, like the first, the female bounty hunter ones, the one where he stopped being a jedi... they all rocked!
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Ghoul
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ghoul
ID: 1977000

Fate of the Jedi series is looking good. I have so far read the first three books.
The forces of Ghoul's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out spletstesser's Undercover Agents!.....With 156,771,387,021 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 1360922 of spletstesser's Undercover Agents!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

I inherently know all details of the Star Wars universe including the EU... I have read only two of the books and only a handful of the comics. It's all non-essential trash anyway... the only true Star Wars comes in one form - film.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
lordernest
Forum Elite

But is extended in the books.

- Lord Ernest
Reschef
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Ricos Warlords~ (retired)
Race: System Lord
ID: 37648

Semper wrote:I inherently know all details of the Star Wars universe including the EU... I have read only two of the books and only a handful of the comics. It's all non-essential trash anyway... the only true Star Wars comes in one form - film.

go away, nonbeliever. True, the movies are simply incomparable but there are also a lot of very good Star Wars books, for example the Thrawn trilogy or the Legacy of the Force series.
Spoiler
Borek wrote: No one ever died from playing SGW, although i think some of the whiners may come close to drowning in their own tears :roll:
ImageImage
lordernest
Forum Elite

Indeed.

- Lord Ernest

Return to “The Book Club”