2010 World Cup

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Thriller
Forum Addict
Alliance: Π Allegiance
Race: Replimecator
ID: 0

Re: 2010 World Cup

Mordack wrote:Nice to see Spain win; as they deserved it. The only team which played real, honest football.

Thats quite a subjective qualification there.

But it was a great match to watch, congrats to both sides.
Spoiler
Universe wrote:You don't have a case, as Lord Thriller clearly explained.
MajorLeeHurts wrote:^ stole the car and my Booze and my heart * sobs*
Jack wrote: Just wanna be more like you, Master Thriller. :-D
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

A typical Spanish score there. 1:0 :-D

Iniesta deserved that goal.

Muller got golden boot!!!

Forlan got best player award. I though maybe Schweinsteiger but fair enough, Forlan did score 5 goals, some really beautiful ones, with a team that was "unlikely" to do well.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

Mordack wrote:Nice to see Spain win; as they deserved it. The only team which played real, honest football.

I hope you mean in the sense of playing a passing game.

They weren't particularly great in the not diving and waving imaginary cards department, but they played a good passing/pressing game indeed.
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

GrizzZzzly wrote:A typical Spanish score there. 1:0 :-D

Forlan got best player award. I though maybe Schweinsteiger but fair enough, Forlan did score 5 goals, some really beautiful ones, with a team that was "unlikely" to do well.

Did he get golden boot? thought he got best young player :shock:

Well done spain - stayed true to their philosophy - and delighted that I got the 3rd spot in the GW :P Well done to the two lads above me - almost had ya jimster except for two poor decisions in the round of 16 and have to say was good fun having debates on footy....Premiership next :-D
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Lord Yojimbo wrote:
GrizzZzzly wrote:A typical Spanish score there. 1:0 :-D

Did he get golden boot? thought he got best young player :shock:

Well done spain - stayed true to their philosophy - and delighted that I got the 3rd spot in the GW :P Well done to the two lads above me - almost had ya jimster except for two poor decisions in the round of 16 and have to say was good fun having debates on footy....Premiership next :-D

Mueller got young player and golden boot.

Congrats to Forlan on player of the tournament I hated him the entire way because he was the typical bad guy.

Now for the real vote, what was worse the refereeing or the commentry because there were some shocking things said, "Uruguay who so far have knocked out two African nations: Cameroon and South Africa"

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
solmyr
Forum Elite
Alliance: Faded Empire
Race: Masstastic
ID: 94442
Alternate name(s): Thurisaz, Dance Commander

grats SPAIN!!!!!!
TRADED WITH ME??? Lemme Know how it went!!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=154179
8 Multi's reported and banned
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

gg spain.

who woulda predicted spain would win after losing to swiss in the group stages.. but they did it.. I have to say the Spanish defense (PK) along with the golee are amazing..

oh man Meullar got golden boot and he tied his score with ronaldo.. This is Awesome!!>

and Forlan totally deserved that one.. I hope he stays for 4 more years and moves to English clubs.. so i can see more of him.

2014 is Germany's Year!!!!!!!!!

bye
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Spain was better in the final, they deserved to win, so congrats on that.
Overall, i think that Holland had a better game (except the final and maybe their 2nd match in the group). And I also wanted them to break the record, by winnig all the games in preliminaries and the tournament.

But i'm very disapointed in the refereeing for this final... who the **Filtered** had the ideea to put this stupid englishman (Howard Webb) to lead? He did so many mistakes, so many wrong crads given or not given, fauls committed or not that he didn't sanctioned, wrong offsides, wrong decisions.... he ruined the entire match.
Lord Yojimbo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Retired
Race: Retired

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Spain was better in the final, they deserved to win, so congrats on that.
Overall, i think that Holland had a better game (except the final and maybe their 2nd match in the group). And I also wanted them to break the record, by winnig all the games in preliminaries and the tournament.

But i'm very disapointed in the refereeing for this final... who the **Filtered** had the ideea to put this stupid englishman (Howard Webb) to lead? He did so many mistakes, so many wrong crads given or not given, fauls committed or not that he didn't sanctioned, wrong offsides, wrong decisions.... he ruined the entire match.

Their style was bash the midfield and counter on that - very defensive in nature but still effective - am glad spain won tho with their style of passing and skill

At least they tried to play - I think holland could have tried to play witht he players they have on the pitch but were very negative in thier approach....Disappointing Climax to The World Cup but the best team won :-D
Awards :smt106

I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I loled at Blatter.

Blatter laments Webb's hard task

(UKPA) – 4 hours ago

FIFA president Sepp Blatter believes referee Howard Webb had a "very hard task" in the World Cup final between Spain and Holland that saw a record 14 yellow cards shown.

In a record for a final, Webb booked 13 different players - John Heitinga was shown two yellows followed by a red - in a fiery encounter that saw Andres Iniesta's extra-time goal secure a 1-0 win for Spain.

Blatter said: "The final was not exactly what I expected in terms of fair play. It's not up to me judge the performances of the officials, I can only say it was a very hard task that the referee trio had on the field of play."

Blatter refused to comment on the rugged approach by Holland, who eventually lost 1-0 in extra time.

He told a news conference in Johannesburg: "Even though I have seen all the irregularities as a spectator, I cannot answer this question as president of FIFA. I could answer it as a fan of football but I am here as president.

"I will not make any comment but we always say football is school of life because it is based on discipline and respect. It's a combat game but in the spirit of fair play.

"You have to learn to win and you have to learn to lose, and should not forget the basis which is discipline and respect."

Blatter was asked whether Webb should have shown a red card to Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong, and replied: "In football we have to live with the errors of players, and of referees. I don't think perfection exists in this world."
Lucas Barrios
Forum Newbie

spain managed to score 8 goals in a competition where they played 7 games, but they won, Germany scored 16 goals and came 3rd.

Spain are just the most annoying team to play against because they don't give the ball away, iniesta and Xavi in the middle, with an entire team made of Barcelona and Real Madrid players (except capdevilla) they pretty much possessed the midfield area. tres boring to watch but hard to beat.

Return to “Sports Section”