Subscription emails

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Subscription emails

I know this forum has forever been bugged with emails either not generating or being delayed etc.

But today (and a lot in the past) i find I don't get any subscription emails generated from the GC or Vendetta Corner.

For instance, today I just got subscription notification emails from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=170290
But at the same time I don't get any from threads I have posted in in the Vendetta Corner even though i posted at the same time.

Does anyone else get subscription notification emails from GC or Vendetta corner?

Before anyone asks, the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option is ticked by default and i never untick it.
Also in the Vendetta Corner in threads i have posted in up in the top left corner it says "unsubscribe" which indicates i am subscribed to it.

Just wondered if I am all alone in this or if i have some friends that share this issue? :D
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Subscription emails

Why would you tick the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option in the first place?
It's not a default setting. It's only default if you set it like that in your UCP.

Perhaps you made a mistake.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:Why would you tick the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option in the first place?
It's not a default setting. It's only default if you set it like that in your UCP.

](*,)

The option for notification of post replies in the UCP is default on yes.
Therefore when you post the option for notification is ticked.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:Why would you tick the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option in the first place?

](*,)

No, it's not. Make a new account, and you'll see it isn't. Silly Pooh bear. :P
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

](*,)

No, it's not. Make a new account, and you'll see it isn't. Silly Pooh bear. :P
Hmm ok, it's not. :oops:

But that doesn't answer my question.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:But that doesn't answer my question.
Checked your spam folder? :) That is where I got a bunch of mine when I turned them on accidentally earlier.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Checked your spam folder? :) That is where I got a bunch of mine when I turned them on accidentally earlier.
If one goes in spam they all go in spam. When i post in vendetta then oms at the same time my email account would not suspect one as spam and not the other. My spam account is always full of true spam.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:
If one goes in spam they all go in spam. When i post in vendetta then oms at the same time my email account would not suspect one as spam and not the other. My spam account is always full of true spam.
Not really. It's based on content, not just on sender. Certain people PM me 30 times a day, for example, and their specific PMs are filtered to my spam folder. Gmail apparently thinks that receiving the 99.99% same message 30 times a day means that it's spam. :? The other PM information mails get to my inbox without a hiccup. :)

But I don't know, maybe you have a silly provider. :P
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Not really. It's based on content, not just on sender. Certain people PM me 30 times a day, for example, and their specific PMs are filtered to my spam folder. Gmail apparently thinks that receiving the 99.99% same message 30 times a day means that it's spam. :? The other PM information mails get to my inbox without a hiccup. :)

BT very rearely get my spam wrong. And as I mentioned my spam folder is filled with pure spam.

Therefore as i said earlier, that doesn't answer my question.

Now does anyone else that has notifications set in GC and Vendetta get the email notifications?
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:

BT very rearely get my spam wrong. And as I mentioned my spam folder is filled with pure spam.

Therefore as i said earlier, that doesn't answer my question.

Now does anyone else that has notifications set in GC and Vendetta get the email notifications?
I got all of them, for the whole forum for 10 minutes. Quite a lot of them. Including, but not limited to, the GC and Vendetta.
All straight to my inbox. :)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:I got all of them, for the whole forum for 10 minutes. Quite a lot of them. Including, but not limited to, the GC and Vendetta.
:-k Well i got none from the Sokar threads.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clarkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:I got all of them, for the whole forum for 10 minutes. Quite a lot of them. Including, but not limited to, the GC and Vendetta.
Be glad you didn't, then. :P
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Be glad you didn't, then. :P
lol I don't get them for every post, only new posts since last time i read the thread since my last post.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”