mediacom gets an IP range that was formerly private.

serrin
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Genesis
Race: Time Bandit
ID: 1923274

mediacom gets an IP range that was formerly private.

I have sent emails to support and admin@stargatewars.com but thought I would post here as well.

Sometime in the last two years mediacom bought a range of IP addresses that were formerly used for private addressing. From what I've read, it was so they could stop leasing IP from AT&T. over a month ago, when my cable modem got reset during a power outage, I got one of the new addresses.
(it's a 173.*.*.* range.) since that time, I have not been able to connect to gatewars.com or herebegames.com from my home. I can connect from where I work, and other places.

The technician at Mediacom said that some services have not updated their DNS to allow connections from this range that was recently made public. I am not sure if this is a firewall issue, a DNS issue or what, but it's certainly localized to gatewars. I have not had any other issues on the web.

If this could be looked into I would appreciate it, and if anyone knows of a solution I can use on my end other than a public proxy that would be great too.

Serrin~ ID-1923274
ImageImage
Spoiler
Made ya look :P
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: mediacom gets an IP range that was formerly private.

best wishes, and bump. :)

Return to “For Admin Archives”