The Lightning Thief

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave
ID: 0

The Lightning Thief

I loved it awsum to watch prob 1 of the best ones so far.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

Re: The Lightning Thief

It was okay, nothing like the book though.... in the book he found out who his dad was whle playing capture the flag...

that should make sense to people who have watched it, others dont, which means i didnt spoil it :P
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

that would have been awsum .

do u think th 2nd 1 will ocme out?
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Aesthetics of Hate wrote:It was okay, nothing like the book though.... in the book he found out who his dad was whle playing capture the flag...

that should make sense to people who have watched it, others dont, which means i didnt spoil it :P

I loved that part in the book, best part XD
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

that all depends on how much money the first one raked in at the box office, and how many dvd sales it gets
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

i canget $24 maby we can buy a few extra coppies :smt047

i love them Greek Myth movies they are always awsum to watch :)

maby them kids will have a Tournament next time they make a movie

:)
Golden's Trade feedback
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

I watched the movie, it was enjoyable..to a kid standpoint.
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

it jsut depand what u grew up liking i played them Age of Mythology games and stuff so Greek Myth stuff really gets me :)

i was so happy that they made a movie of it :) im going to watch it again sometime tomorrow when im not playing MW2 lulz :P
Golden's Trade feedback
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

nice SS i really hope u watch it ive watched it 3 times and its not getitng old for me :)

jsut a bit dull sorta liek server war dull.
Golden's Trade feedback
GOLDEN WING
Wraith

yup but its a movie and a really interesting 1 so dnt expenct it took ocme out exactly like the book.
Golden's Trade feedback
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

movies turned into books generally have some differences...

parts that work well in long-version in a book do not always work well in a movie...

for example, in a book, thoughts are shown, but in a movie, that is not possible...

also, every movie based on a book tends to have some adaption decay... some more than others (like "eragon" that one had severe adaption decay...)

we've yet to see this one, so we cant judge here...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it just doesnt work as well...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Hmm... We just got around to watching this one... (We've had it laying around for over 70 days now...)

Not bad movie for being an adaption of a book... (Adaptions are, unfortunately, often horrible)

Far less adaption decay than most such movies have, even if many details were removed from the story in the book... (like the part about whom his father was being hidden in the books, but common knowledge in the movie...)

We did like that they fit in the practical use for medusa's head at the end...

Return to “Grand Cinema”