What's the point...

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

What's the point...

...of those tv shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians"?
It's not even a 'clash of lifestyles' such as "The Simple Life" or one of those games where people have to do this & that to eventually win something after few weeks of various challenges..
The two previously mentionned reality tv categories are already considered by many as very poor but there come on...what's the point? :-k
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Re: What's the point...

SuperSaiyan wrote:america's got talent
dancing with the stars
american idol
huge
hoarders
obsessed
biggest losers
etc

what is the point of any of those shows?

I'll tell you...

to make money while simultaneously dumbing down society so they will not realize the only other shows are just remakes and that they ran out of ideas years ago

I don't know most of them and the few I know of, barely ever watched them. :razz:
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we're pretty sure the closest thing to a point in them is that nobodies shall get their five minutes of fame...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

Just read this, and tell me you do not know the answer to your own question.

Paris Hilton's New Boyfriend
Paris Hilton's New British Boyfriend

Both were TV shows, shown on MuchTV. You now have your answer, sir.
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:they are all **Filtered**

Agreed...Can i throw in Jeremy Kyle to that list as well as flog it and all the other shows that are the same...they go out buy crap from a boot sale and sell it in a auction....all day in the UK thats all we get...then a program about Jordon or which ever guy she is married to #-o

And the X factor..Dancing on Ice...How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria/Joseph/Rita/Sue/Bob...you know the ones on BBC1 on a Saturday night that go on all night and never seem to end and when they do another show thats the same but with diffent music starts....

If you have never heard of some of the shows i have said...you are lucky but sooner or later they will make there way to your screens just like pop idol did and dancing with stars :mad:
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

nightlight wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:they are all **Filtered**

Agreed...Can i throw in Jeremy Kyle to that list as well as flog it and all the other shows that are the same...they go out buy crap from a boot sale and sell it in a auction....all day in the UK thats all we get...then a program about Jordon or which ever guy she is married to #-o

And the X factor..Dancing on Ice...How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria/Joseph/Rita/Sue/Bob...you know the ones on BBC1 on a Saturday night that go on all night and never seem to end and when they do another show thats the same but with diffent music starts....

If you have never heard of some of the shows i have said...you are lucky but sooner or later they will make there way to your screens just like pop idol did and dancing with stars :mad:

They are there in some forms but I just decide not to follow them & avoid them instead. ;)
Spoiler

Spoiler

Return to “The TV room”