Board warning issued

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Re: Board warning issued

Clarkey wrote:We can use the words poop and crap..... yes they technically mean the same thing..... but HgE didn't use another less rude word, he used the filtered word but masked it. :smt018

as I said before: For me Filtered means a whole different thing. So, different that you called MASKED.

So, looking for an Admin? Why? I've already told you that I'm not a Forum Admin and know how things are organized and deal.. I need someone to deal with this thing for me.

I do have time, but I rather spent in game, rather on Forum. This forum, I'm looking only for AT and Vendettas. That's all. I don't give who is who and what MODs and Admins do. :D But, when they move against me, when the Forum it's full of crap, they should resolve that first then gave me the warnings.

Things said. I'm upset today, i didn't pass one exam.. So.. time to cool off.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

HgE wrote:..... i didn't pass one exam.. So.. time to cool off.

Sucks, bettter luck next time man!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

HgE wrote:
Clarkey wrote:We can use the words poop and crap..... yes they technically mean the same thing..... but HgE didn't use another less rude word, he used the filtered word but masked it. :smt018
Well, technically filtered and masked can mean the same thing. You can mask a word with characters and you can filter a word with characters. So i understand that means can get confused.

The filtered on this forum means that a word is on the filter list, which when typed on the forum will trigger the filter to write filtered instead of the word.

Masking is when characters are placed within that word which prevents the filter list from recognising it. The definition is explained in the rules on the forum which every user agrees to when they register on this forum.

HgE wrote:So, looking for an Admin? Why? I've already told you that I'm not a Forum Admin and know's what things are organized and deal.. I need someone to deal with this thing for me.
But it is the admins that can handle this, therefore PMing Admins is the way to go.

HgE wrote:I don't give who is who and what MODs and Admins do. :D But, when they move against me, when the Forum it's full of crap, they should resolve that first then gave me the warnings.
No-one is moving against you, just enforcing the rules.

HgE wrote:Things said. I'm upset today, i didn't pass one exam.. So.. time to cool off.
Sorry to hear that.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

You wrote "s..t" instead of the whole word. What you should have done is just wrote the word and the forum would have changed it to **Filtered**. Alternatively if REALLY wanted to filter it yourself as you claim you would have written .... and not had the s at the start and the t at the end, which clearly shows your intent to want to bypass any filter you would impose on yourself or would be imposed on you by the forum automatically.

So you see context means nothing, you claiming to try and filter yourself means nothing. Since you included any of the actual letters of the word that means your intent was to not have it be fully visible and be filtered out completely by the forum, but to instead filter some of it bypassing the forum's filter yet still keeping it visible and known what you said.

If you want to try and give some constructive criticism about the word you used being on the filter, feel free, but I daresay few will agree. Vulgarity and profanity are simply not necessary on public forums when much nicer words could be used to the same effect, it creates a happier and friendlier environment when profane and vulgar words are filtered out, not to mention any of the other rules to the same end.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”