You discover a Stargate...

What would you do!?

Take the chance and walk through the Event Horizon.
41%
You shut down the Stargate, walk away and forget what you have just witnessed.
6%
You shut down the Stargate and proceed to contact the nearest authorities.
6%
None of the above!
47%

Total votes: 17
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

Re: You discover a Stargate...

Who is Erich von Daniken??

Ill let the authorities know.. and then DEMAND (or else) that they select me to be on the Stargate program.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Ethereal Tassadar
Asgard
Alliance: Neutral
Race: Quantum Vis
Alternate name(s): Alice/Aliya
D.M. Natas

None of the above.

Put my cellphone near it, go to some military force or an archeologist, have them track the signal of my phone, go there again and sell the mysterious object.
Sadly, money is more important than going through a wormhole and having a 5% chance of survival.
Shel'na Kryhas und lara khar, anht zagatir nas.
Khor-shakal Toridas.

A person has to do a thousand good deeds to be considered good, but only one mistake to be considered evil.

Alice talking
Aliya talking
Aliya talking with Alice's voice
D.M. Natas (Daniel Malkav "Natas") talking
NPCs
L.T. (Lucy Tremere, Medic)
J.B. (Jack Brujah, Grunt)
Big G. (Von Gangrel, Tactician)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I'm with dastupy
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Gaius
Tok'ra Researcher

You don't tell them what it does? Just that you found it and where? Also, sometimes government offers money to get "i found it" credits.

If I were to find a stargate, truthfully, I'd faint. Knowing that all the stuff in the Stargate universe is real... spooky stuff.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

shut it down, for one reason, which can be summed up in two words:

Space Gate.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

Eelyzabth wrote:phone my ex, get him to come around on some pretext, and shove the B*****d through it

i would do that and hope for the worst :D

secondly i would look at it for a while then when i got the balls i would throw a rock or object through and wait a while and see if anything happens then i would possibly stick my head through and pull back out

Then i would possibly walk through Curiously wondering what would happen then be amazed at where i would end up.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

GOLDEN WING wrote: then i would possibly stick my head through and pull back out

Inherent problem: matter transmission does not occur until an entire object enters the stargate, it just enters a buffer.

Travelers enter through the event horizon, which dematerializes them for transport through the wormhole, to be reassembled on the other side.

Travel through a Stargate is strictly one-way: from the dialing gate to the receiving gate. This is not a limitation of the wormhole, but of the technology; wormholes will transmit anything that enters them, but no solid matter could survive the process. Thus, each gate in the pair takes on a specific role: the dialing gate converts the traveler into its most basic components (sub-atomic particles) and transmits it, while the receiving gate reassembles the transmitted matter back into its original form. Doing the reverse is not only fatal for the traveler, but would just result in the dialing gate deconstructing the object upon arrival, converting it into energy.

Matter transmission is a three-step process: dematerialization, transmission, and reintegration. When an object passes through the event horizon, it is dematerialized and held in a "hyperspatial buffer". The event horizon will only dematerialize objects in discrete units (one person, one ship, etc.), so any object which has not fully entered the event horizon can be removed without trouble. The gate does not begin transmitting an object until it has entirely passed through the event horizon. This ensures that only complete objects are transferred. In the case of larger objects such as Puddle Jumpers, the vessel itself counts as a complete object of higher priority than its smaller occupants, preventing transmission until the entire vessel has entered the event horizon. This applies to both the dialing and receiving gates
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”