ZPM's

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
Milenko
Forum Expert
Alliance: DoC
Race: Ancient
ID: 1911875

ZPM's

OK please forgive me if this sounds dumb or if it has already been addressed but WHY in SG Atlantis can't they just make new ZPM's. They live in Atlantis where obviously had the ability to make them, wouldn't the information be the data base and wouldn't there be facilities to make them? It is something that really annoys me about the show. Please help me (without being too condescending please).
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with years of experience!

Trade Feedback
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

Re: ZPM's

Well ZPMs draw their energy from subspace, sure they could duplicate a ZPM, but this would draw it's energy from the same portion of subspace and deplete itself twice as fast, to my knowledge no encountered races (and definately none of tauri allies) know how to make a new section of subspace to draw energy from for the ZPM except the ancients. If they did there would be no shortage of ZPMs and also no show.
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Milenko
Forum Expert

Rich™ wrote:no encountered races (and definately none of tauri allies) know how to make a new section of subspace to draw energy from for the ZPM except the ancients.

Wouldn't there be any mention of the technology in the Atlantis data base?
I don't think it would end the show, at the moment they are mainly focussed on defending themselves from the Wraith, if they were able to build ZPM's or even just 1, it wouldn't eliminate the Wraith, but it would open up the possibilities for more exploration and the development of brand new awesome technologies. The story line could move on from what it has been for the last 3 seasons. Maybe they can even stand a chance against the Asurans.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with years of experience!

Trade Feedback
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Subspace is infinite, the energy drawn could go on forever. each zpm as far i get it uses a different local area of subspace.

Anywho there are probably facilities to make zpms in atlantis along with the information in the database to do it, however remember that these energy devices are awesomely powerful & if you make it wrong or have any problems in the manufacture process its a good guess that you wouldn't exist to find out about it.

Given the track record of our ability to use the tech left behind by other races i think its a good guess to think they decided its safer not to make them just in case they do blow themselves up
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

Rodney tried to make one, remember? he blew up a solar system. :-D

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milenko
Forum Expert

PROJECT ARCTURUS
Ancient experiment established in the hopes of creating a power source which could possess a sustainable magnitude of 25 Zero Point Modules. Based on the Dorandan homeworld, the project was designed to siphon vacuum energy from our space time (instead of a micro-universe for a Z.P.M.)

Trade Feedback
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

close enough :P

and he blew up a solar system! :-D

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Milenko
Forum Expert

Yeah but that technology was beyond even the Ancients. Why is it that they attempt to use technologies that the Ancients failed at using instead of using those that they have already mastered, those that they know already works? :?

Trade Feedback
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

I'll try answering this question away from scifi science, and do it from the show perspective.

I think they won't figure it out.

Why? Because it would give the human population could have a pollution free source of power (albeit dangerous), but I don't think they will introduce it for that reason.

Historically the show(s) have not addressed backward eng. tech. from alien tech. and it's use on Earth (ignoring parallel universes and time travel). I thnk they won't do it on Atlantis, but depending on what the new show is about they might go into it.

If they don't do it it creates suspense, etc., etc. which is good for story lines, etc., etc.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
tomj
Forum Grunt

ive thought that aswel either look how to make them on the database, and go into the lab where they made there ZPMs

or just go to Asuras and raid all there ZPMs
Milenko
Forum Expert

Edited

We will have to wait and see what happens in season 4 :D
Last edited by Milenko on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trade Feedback
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

that's a spoiler in itself that post without even clicking the link, please rephrase or delete.

edit: thanks mate ;)
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Kais the mighty
Forum Newbie
ID: 1001010

They probably wouldn't have found the instructions in the data base as even the Asgard hadn't searched through the whole ancient database as the information in it is astronomical.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

~Zekk~ wrote:Rodney tried to make one, remember? he blew up a solar system. :-D

~Zeke~

:lol:
Poor Rodney..
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that was a local universe ZPM, not a contained subspace ZPM...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “The TV room”