Ian holloways Fifa rant (Qatar)

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Q Man
blarney stone
ID: 0

Ian holloways Fifa rant (Qatar)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baT8We0S_r0

Ian Holloway says it as it is.

I personally think its crazy that they have even considered moving the world cup to winter.
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: Ian holloways Fifa rant (Qatar)

World cup in winter?
REALLY?

These guys should receive a drug test asap! They were probably taking mushrooms or something lol.

I mean if Qatar is too hot in summer...how about...picking another country? :roll:
Q Man
blarney stone

its awful annoying. :smt021

I know being Irish i already have a bias against the current FIFA management, but either way they're losing respect from everyone.

You cannot, in your right mind stop all of the winter leagues in the world for Qatar. A country who has never even played in the world cup.

I do believe FIFA needs to be put in more competent hands.
Too much embarrasment in recent years.
[/size]
ImageImage
Cole
Forum History

Maddog wrote:its awful annoying. :smt021

I know being Irish i already have a bias against the current FIFA management, but either way they're losing respect from everyone.

You cannot, in your right mind stop all of the winter leagues in the world for Qatar. A country who has never even played in the world cup.

I do believe FIFA needs to be put in more competent hands.
Too much embarrasment in recent years.

It's for 2018, there's still time for a change in seven-eight years, or so I hope...
Q Man
blarney stone

Russia got 2018, its 2022 isn't it?

plenty of time to sort it all out i hope.
[/size]
ImageImage
Cole
Forum History

Maddog wrote:Russia got 2018, its 2022 isn't it?

plenty of time to sort it all out i hope.

Ah yes I got mixed up, forgot about Brazil's 2014.
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

Iam Holloway is a great manager and tells it how it is....He has been quite this season but this is a classic...

Also Fifa don't want gay people to go to Qatar....Did you here what the moron in charge said the other day...The guy is a joke what England...Australia...America and all the other countrys that got ripped of durring the bidding process should have there own tourni...Have a second FA cup but with internation teams and let any country play in it no matter what rank you are...and make the tourni over a year a knock out stage just like the FA cup and all teams all pulled out the hat...no ranks so that the same teams go though each time and they could rotate the final every year to play in most countrys that have a good stadium..
I would rather watch that then the crappy fifa qualify rounds for the Euros or World cup...Who cares about San Marino...A SGW select 11 could beat them and mass someone ingame at the same time :smt081

Sorry went of topic...also they have come out and said that they might let over middle east countrys have some of the WC games....that was not in the bid but they are changing the rules now..it's amazing what oil money can buy you...2022 should have went to Australia or America :smt025
AssyrianWarlord
Forum Newbie

It is a little annoying that Qatar got the World Cup, especially given that Australia was the alternative, and I am from Australia. But in saying that, Qatar is a stable country with well developed infrastructure and Im sure the World Cup will be fine there.
2 issues I wish to raise here.
1- The time of year should be considered irrelevant and should be played in the appropriate time of year for the host country, and if the big leagues of Europe don't like it, then how about a 3-4 week break for the WC.
2- The host country in this case is barely competitive with the decent sides of World football, Australia smashed them 4-0 last year with many star players out. Im not convinced that Qatar will be a competitive team even by 2022.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

AssyrianWarlord wrote:It is a little annoying that Qatar got the World Cup, especially given that Australia was the alternative, and I am from Australia. But in saying that, Qatar is a stable country with well developed infrastructure and Im sure the World Cup will be fine there.
2 issues I wish to raise here.
1- The time of year should be considered irrelevant and should be played in the appropriate time of year for the host country, and if the big leagues of Europe don't like it, then how about a 3-4 week break for the WC.
2- The host country in this case is barely competitive with the decent sides of World football, Australia smashed them 4-0 last year with many star players out. Im not convinced that Qatar will be a competitive team even by 2022.

Winter sports are quite crowded...

The World Cup should be played at the same time of year ever that it is held,

just like all other sporting events that I have ever heard of.

Since Qatar has good infrastructure and lots of money, they shouldn't mind building some air-conditioned stadiums... :P
Q Man
blarney stone

yeah, the winter olympics will be on over the same time. well, a similar time anyway, which could possibly cause problems with television rights. i know i personally want to be able to watch both.

not to mention the possible problems caused if someone "celebrates" christmas while over there. I'm sure that'll cause a ruckus or two.

it should be during the summer. I still think the fact that its in qatar is a problem in itself, but will have to wait and see.

and the teams that get into group A with qatar will be laughing.
[/size]
ImageImage
sarparto
Forum Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56VL8r8Oiw4&feature=fvst

Any country, with a player representing them, that misses that oppertunity shouldn't be allowed to host the World Cup. My roommate could of scored from there and he's never played soccer before.

Return to “Sports Section”