For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

NHL Refereeing

As the title says, I've been wondering.

Does any other NHL fans think that the officiating as of late is absolutely horrible? I'm a Canucks fan, all the way. Hardcore. I'm not whining. I'm concerned though.

The Canucks in the past two games have had two penalties where as the other teams have had like 10. Henrik got deliberately slashed after the whistle on the arm, and we end up getting equal penalties when Burrows pushes a guy in return for doing it, and the guy pushes him back.

So I'm asking all of the fans of Hockey out there if you think the officiating for your team, or other teams is under par with what it should be this year.

LET ME KNOWWW HOCKEY FANS. :smt110
R D Anderson
Forum Expert
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Ancient
ID: 74981

Re: NHL Refereeing

pretty much have to agree with everything matt said, i enjoy the faster flow a lot more :smt047
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Being unbiased, as I cheer for no team in particular (you can whine about my lack of loyalties on your own time), I always take issue with the refs. They piss me off in their obvious bias. You can tell there are certain players and teams that they watch a lot more closely than everyone else. The players know it, too, and I've seen several players who fly under the radar take advantage of that knowledge.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Seems like refereeing is being fought all over the world. Here, it's with football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, and even dodgeball. >_< (Yes, I said dodgeball, because we learn to oppose the referees at a .. young age.)

I don't know.. maybe it's the age of people who know everything better. Especially when it comes to rules, regulations and other authority-based stuff. It's why people are revolting all over the world. In Arabia etc, you can rebel against your government. That makes no sense here, it wouldn't change anything, so we pick on referees in hopes that they DO buckle to our mighty People's Power. Oh well.

When the refs start coming to the games armed to the teeth, you will know we're getting somewhere.
(Exaggerated? Definitely. The core remains true though..)

Return to “Sports Section”