sab to work on attack weapons only

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: sab to work on attack weapons only

Forum wrote:ok leaning towards:
1) phasing taking a bit longer to get to
2) limiting alliance repair to 5 per turn or even 60 a day or so...so per day instead of per turn.
3) increase autowar limit A BIT
4) decrease attack unit deaths A BIT
5) not sure i will change sab at all now :)
All sounds great to me.

Should think about limiting Alliance Repair to only 1iC (or 2iC as well) also though. I think it can stand to be limited more than reducing how much you can do it, people don't need to depend on it. Some do though...

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

Tekki wrote:
Lithium wrote:
2) limiting alliance repair to 5 per turn or even 60 a day or so...so per day instead of per turn.

1) phasing if increased would make smone lost a lot of his army if he get sniped , also it ll be fully used when massing players with a lot trained. better as it is now as there were not real issues against it.

2) alliance repair mostly been used just not to pull heavy resources while being massed and using 4b to repair worth 1T naq. also its fast using allie repair then having it farmed. another issue has been using allie repair while farming using high strike. it can be strictly reduced to /turn because at least everyone can benefit it.
Alliance PPT has proven to be the most strategic move to ruin massing , one see massing happens and set 3 hrs ppt and u get massed while u are offline. better completely remove it. that way other PPT combo to fully cover a week wont be easy.

3) double it
4) reduce att units losses to give a chance to masers that dont have high covert lvl , its too costly considering the AB.

While I don't fully agree that alliance PPT has ruined massing it's contributing certainly. I believe it is the combination of cost, limited time frame, alliance repair and PPT's from all sources - Alliance and Black Market.

i agree, scrap allience ppt. it is what breaks the camels back,
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

1) thats not a problem atm
2) limiting per turn would be much effective, cuse massing of bigger defence cost a lot of supers for masser and the other side can use this daily limit in few turns, to sabb masser and to avoid whole massing. 5 repairs per turn is to much as well. One would be perfect, so 48 repairs per day.
3) good idea
4) doesnt metter much
5) we all hope you wont change it :)
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

=D>

Sounds even better than it is, as opposed to making it worse! :smt060
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Make alliance PPT one bulk purchase, so 1x12 hours a week rather than 12X1
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

One thing to consider with alliance repair and is that it DOES hurt the nooblets as it is now.

For example, someone with a 1trillion defence and say 40billion out wouldn't usually get hit.

But then comes some farmer from a big alliance who is farming using alliance repair and WALLOP! the Little nooblet gets hit with a 15-20trillion plus strike. There is no way they can build a big enough defense to counter those sorts of hits and thus alliance repair because it is so frequent and cheap! at the moment does and is hurting the little guys who are trying to do the right thing but who can't. Because if they do build or attempt to build a big enough defense to defend their tiny income against someone like then, then when they get massed, they are completely devastated. Or they get sabbed or something happens that juicy fruits them.

Hence reducing alliance repair so that it is truly a tool to confound massing - once, maybe two times a day would prevent it's current over use as a farming tool and make those farming actually have to go back to making a profit.

Though Alliance PPT is still an issue, when combined with everything else.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Tekki wrote:One thing to consider with alliance repair and is that it DOES hurt the nooblets as it is now.

For example, someone with a 1trillion defence and say 40billion out wouldn't usually get hit.

But then comes some farmer from a big alliance who is farming using alliance repair and WALLOP! the Little nooblet gets hit with a 15-20trillion plus strike. There is no way they can build a big enough defense to counter those sorts of hits and thus alliance repair because it is so frequent and cheap! at the moment does and is hurting the little guys who are trying to do the right thing but who can't. Because if they do build or attempt to build a big enough defense to defend their tiny income against someone like then, then when they get massed, they are completely devastated. Or they get sabbed or something happens that juicy fruits them.

Hence reducing alliance repair so that it is truly a tool to confound massing - once, maybe two times a day would prevent it's current over use as a farming tool and make those farming actually have to go back to making a profit.

Exactly right =D>

Probably this needs to split for a different discussion because we keep tip toeing around these two features that have been at the root of numerous other complaints since they were implemented.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

yea I can agree with that tekki after all I had people in large empires hitting a 4t defense for 100b naq :roll:
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish
ID: 0

Robe wrote:
Tekki wrote:One thing to consider with alliance repair and is that it DOES hurt the nooblets as it is now.

Exactly right =D>

Probably this needs to split for a different discussion because we keep tip toeing around these two features that have been at the root of numerous other complaints since they were implemented.

=D> well said

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
ID: 81691

1) Nice, hope it's long enough to stop people leaving insane numbers of spies out to stop them being sabbed in the knowledge they will phase before anyone can kill them.

2) Not far enough IMO, remove alliance repair & PPT. If phasing is reduced to a point where you can still mass after 1 repair, then 1 repair per turn and 1 alliance PPT per day would be a good limit, maybe with the ability to set off 2 or 3 hours of alliance PPT at a time.

3) Pointless, autowar is a good thing, and sabbing should also set autowar IMO

4) If phasing is reduced and alliance repairs/PPTs severely limited or removed, then no need to change the kill ratio's

5) As No 4 no need to change sabbing if the other area's are fixed

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok going live. see game update page for most recent, but as of right now update is:

Attack / Massing / Alliance Gifts Changes
The Following changes were all made to bring power back to 'massing' (multiple attack on enemy to bring down their defence) -- which was done in favor of reducing sabotage.
1) Phasing maximum (pre realm alert settings) from 200 to 250 attack turns used on you. So accounts will now take longer to phase out, stopping any further attacks on their realm for a time...
2) Auto-War setting: has moved from 240 to 300 attack turns used on a target in 24hours before the game automatically sets them to a war relationship.
3) The cost of alliance gifts (ppt/repair/bank) is multiplied by members/5 (twice), up from a single multiply of base times members/5. It also doubles the base cost each year (in increments...not all at once.) And alliance repair doubled ontop of that.
4) Alliance repair from per turn, to per day (still 10). This in particular is to stop the repair function allowing free farming, hurting smaller accounts that would otherwise go below the 'worth it' threshold.
5) 7% drop in base attack unit death rate
Don't make me use this!!!
Frozen Flame
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: Unknown

i like the 5th one the best :)
old school massing was getting way out of gamestyles ^^

beliblisk
Forum Expert
Alliance: TA
Race: Resistance
ID: 68961

Only 10 repairs per day :(

......maybe make 1 a turn......

With 6,401,820,330,144 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2994000 of Super Tadz's Covert Ops!

With 111,151,377,807,302 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 9330796 of EnterTheLion's Undercover Agents!

With 2,663,022,177,462 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 3840816 of Rube_Dragon's Covert Agents!

Considering the distance to travel, the enthusiasm of the troops for this battle, and the degree to which they were comfortable in their victory,and 8,880,526 Untrained Jaffa ware taken from the realm of XYZ.
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

I disagree with the 10 repairs per day. I understand that people think the strike should be put into perspective in terms of repair. However why does the repair cost the same if you attack someone for 30 bill with a 0 defence and if you attack someone with a 10trill defence for 500bill. That makes no sense.

You wouldnt send in all 10trill of your strike to take 30bill off someone with 0 defence and then have to repair your weapons when you didnt even kill anyone. Especially since your repair cost is the same as if you hit someone with a 10trill defence.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

sometimes realism is trumped by gameplay mechanics.
is no fun to be a tiny country, hit by the whole USA army.
So they send in just a portion of their army - but can now do so to all small countries in the world. All at once.

So - we force a committment to each war, to stop the big guys from hitting all the little guys, all the time....

In short - pick on someone your own size ;) or it will cost you....

GrizzZzzly wrote:I disagree with the 10 repairs per day. I understand that people think the strike should be put into perspective in terms of repair. However why does the repair cost the same if you attack someone for 30 bill with a 0 defence and if you attack someone with a 10trill defence for 500bill. That makes no sense.

You wouldnt send in all 10trill of your strike to take 30bill off someone with 0 defence and then have to repair your weapons when you didnt even kill anyone. Especially since your repair cost is the same as if you hit someone with a 10trill defence.
Don't make me use this!!!

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”