mods sticking to one name

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: mods sticking to one name

I am not a human. [-X (Not a moderator either, so much for relevance..)
When I was a moderator and these things came up, I appreciated your fighting for them, Mordack.. common sense is something worth fighting for. :-D

*draws focus to Muffafuffin being common-sensible as well* Credit where it is due. ;)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

there's a list of other things that have been tried (and failed to epic proportions), like the attempt a few years back (or so) for mods to have separate accounts for modding... It was troublesome, impractical, meant more work and was generally useless system... Mods were quickly identified and the "secret" identities were pretty public...

as for the claim some pages earlier that mods have 85% or so of the posts on the forums, that is quite false... The current moderators have 12.99% of the posts, no more...

anyways, as mentioned, there have been no arguments that have not been discredited for disallowing mods the same basic rights as users.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Zeratul wrote:anyways, as mentioned, there have been no arguments that have not been discredited for disallowing mods the same basic rights as users.
I applaud this use of negative words. :P
We won.. (well.. you know.) Thanks Zera!
Solus
WAR POPE
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

ok i'll throw in my 2 cents, as i've been away for a few days.

Zeratul wrote:as for the claim some pages earlier that mods have 85% or so of the posts on the forums, that is quite false... The current moderators have 12.99% of the posts, no more...

and how many of those posts were made by these mods before being made a moderator? so really this is an inflated figure of posts made by moderators. and even then, mods access these forums like anyone else does.

and oh hey, as far as ID's go? click on the users profile.

Code: Select all

Solus
https://talk.gatewa.rs/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4533

see the 4533? that number hasn't changed since I registered on this forum, back in april '06. its my forum user ID. it won't change, no matter if I change my name. oh and believe me, I've changed my name a fair amount of times over the years.

a doctor might change his name, but unless he uproots and moves house, his residential address will be the same. his bank account number, his healthcare client numbers, etc etc.

seriously, this entire thread is useless. and BTW when I say I have changed my name a lot, I should also note that I havent changed my name in a long time. only exception being april fools day last year, where I changed it for a few hours and changed it back again.

ITT: repetition? repetition? repetition? repetition?
(yes, I'm aware I've now contributed to it, but hey. at this point I really don't care. I drove for 10 hours straight today and I'm very tired.)

~soul
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

SuperSaiyan wrote:As someone who changes their forum name quite often, my opinion is going to reflect that.

What I do with my account, or choose to be named, is my business...
The position of a mod, doesn't change with the username.

If I change my name to Mr. Potato Head and you are looking for the head of RP or Ascended, you can just click the RP or Ascended mod group and see who is listed as the leader...

Same goes with anything.

If you are looking for a specific person, being a staff member has no difference than being a user.

If you ask a question, and someone says "go talk to SS" and my name is still "Mr. Potato Head", I can understand you being a little frustrated, but you can probably just send back "who's that?" to whomever redirected you and they'll most likely know. As common courtesy, I always have SuperSaiyan listed in my profile as an alternate name and always have it in my signature as well.

Aside from maybe having you ask an extra question on that rare occasion I do not see how a staff member changing their user name hinders you in any way.

If I choose to call myself something, that my good man, is my prerogative...

I vote that the next time you change your name it should be Mr. Potato Head, cuz I know you'll do it justice. :-D
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

you do realize that SS is quite capable of doing that, right?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Zeratul wrote:you do realize that SS is quite capable of doing that, right?
He'll do it wrong.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

I would also prefer mods sticking to one name,

at least for the forum account in which they choose to mod with...

and would be the name they were using when they were announced as a new mod...

on the other hand, I know a losing battle when I see one... :smt043

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”