Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

Re: WWE, Smackdown, RAW wrestling - question to the "haters"

Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:
Juliette wrote:I would love to see death matches, and lots of limb-tearing combat between people who fight for survival.
Have you ever seen 'Celebrity Deathmatch'?
I apologise. I forgot to say "REAL", but that is what I meant.
No some fake thing with fake characters. Just let death row convicts fight each other for a few more years of life.

Are you serious? :smt104
Absolutely. What else are you going to let murderous death row convicts do? Sit our their time silently on a chair? How inhumane. This would give them a fighting(!) chance to get a few years of life, or privileges in the prison they are in.. win-win. The money that would come from this would be substantial, I would project it is enough to fund the entire prison system from advertisements alone.

Maybe human rights would come into play somewhere?
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

RepliMagni wrote:
Juliette wrote:Absolutely. What else are you going to let murderous death row convicts do? Sit our their time silently on a chair? How inhumane. This would give them a fighting(!) chance to get a few years of life, or privileges in the prison they are in.. win-win. The money that would come from this would be substantial, I would project it is enough to fund the entire prison system from advertisements alone.

Someone's been watching too much Spartacus of late :smt050

Seems more like a Death Race, mixed with a Spartacus hehehehe

anyways your a sick girl Uni!!!! a sick sick person!!! lol but I still love you... Would you really want to watch someone die?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Seaanyboy wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:
Juliette wrote:I would love to see death matches, and lots of limb-tearing combat between people who fight for survival.
No some fake thing with fake characters. Just let death row convicts fight each other for a few more years of life.
Absolutely. What else are you going to let murderous death row convicts do? Sit our their time silently on a chair? How inhumane. This would give them a fighting(!) chance to get a few years of life, or privileges in the prison they are in.. win-win. The money that would come from this would be substantial, I would project it is enough to fund the entire prison system from advertisements alone.
Maybe human rights would come into play somewhere?
The human right to waste taxpayers money on people who are, for all intents and purposes, dead? Hardly. If the jails can provide their own sources of income, they will be less of a strain on the economy, they would create jobs, and they would be terrifying to any would-be criminal. Win-win-win-scenario. :)

RoKeT wrote:Would you really want to watch someone die?
I would kill a man, just to watch him die. As it is, the punishment for such an action far outweighs my curiosity.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

I've seen people die, many of my friends... Trust me it's not something you want to see... At least for me it's almost like when someone dies near or around you that you watched... A part of you die's as well, be it friend, foe, or stranger it's very hard to watch IRL
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

RoKeT wrote:I've seen people die, many of my friends... Trust me it's not something you want to see... At least for me it's almost like when someone dies near or around you that you watched... A part of you die's as well, be it friend, foe, or stranger it's very hard to watch IRL
In my case, it would as much be an experiment to know for sure whether I would feel anything, as it would satisfy my curiosity. I have been to Auschwitz, and felt nothing but pity for the people who burst out in tears at the sight of the gate alone. I have been to ghost towns in the Chernobyl area, and not felt a thing, while people around me cried their hearts out. I have been on rollercoaster rides on dingy, clattering rollercoasters on the boulevards of the East Sea, and felt no fear. I have been to funerals of family and friends and stood emotionless. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, I burst into tears at the smallest of things, and yet with things that matter, I feel nothing. Hence my desire to find out whether something so grievous as killing a man, or watching one die before my eyes, would cause me to feel anything.

Only thing that sets me off with rage is ignorance regarding me or friends of mine.. but that is a conscious decision. I could walk away whenever it suits me.

So yes, I would prefer something more real to the show wrestling. Even though that can be entertaining from a directors perspective. ;)
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
RoKeT wrote:I've seen people die, many of my friends... Trust me it's not something you want to see... At least for me it's almost like when someone dies near or around you that you watched... A part of you die's as well, be it friend, foe, or stranger it's very hard to watch IRL
In my case, it would as much be an experiment to know for sure whether I would feel anything, as it would satisfy my curiosity. I have been to Auschwitz, and felt nothing but pity for the people who burst out in tears at the sight of the gate alone. I have been to ghost towns in the Chernobyl area, and not felt a thing, while people around me cried their hearts out. I have been on rollercoaster rides on dingy, clattering rollercoasters on the boulevards of the East Sea, and felt no fear. I have been to funerals of family and friends and stood emotionless. Occasionally, for no apparent reason, I burst into tears at the smallest of things, and yet with things that matter, I feel nothing. Hence my desire to find out whether something so grievous as killing a man, or watching one die before my eyes, would cause me to feel anything.

Only thing that sets me off with rage is ignorance regarding me or friends of mine.. but that is a conscious decision. I could walk away whenever it suits me.

So yes, I would prefer something more real to the show wrestling. Even though that can be entertaining from a directors perspective. ;)

Seeing, and being to past events where death had happened is nothing compared to watching it, I share your curiosity with certian things and at times wonder if I'm "sick" but trust me when I tell you you don't ever want to be there when someone dies... Death of an elder is one thing, they are supposed to, they don't suffer, same with Auchwits sucks but hey, they went to a better place then where they were, but when a friend looks at you 5 minutes before he dies... when you hold them... When you see the blood... when you watch there eyes, you feel this cold, a cold that never leaves, when you think of it... IDK but it's not something you want to watch i'll put it that way... Not when you know they should be alive and you could have done something, you live with it you live with that feeling forever, no matter how "cold", "heartless", "Sick" you are, it never leaves... at least thats how I feel and i've seen a few people die before they needed to i'll put it that way lol but this is mad off topic hehehehehe unless we are talking about when Breht Heart died, I believe that was his name
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:

People who are in jail in the death row are there for their crimes and be punished for it. They aren't there for the entertainment of people eager for blood of human deaths on live, "criminals killing each others for greedy hosts to make money out of it", that seems like the incarnation of "rock bottom quality" TV. Death penalty with death row and such, well I can see pros and cons, but that, is a whole differently thing.

I would kill a man, just to watch him die. As it is, the punishment for such an action far outweighs my curiosity.

:smt107 < this is me, right now.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:

People who are in jail in the death row are there for their crimes and be punished for it. They aren't there for the entertainment of people eager for blood of human deaths on live, "criminals killing each others for greedy hosts to make money out of it", that seems like the incarnation of "rock bottom quality" TV. Death penalty with death row and such, well I can see pros and cons, but that, is a whole differently thing.
"Greedy hosts"? Did you not understand when I said this would pay for the prison system? Last I checked, the prison system is not privatised.. so personal profit, there will not be.

Cole wrote:
Why should Johnny Cash be awarded and I looked at funny?
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

This wasn't looking funny, this was being really shocked, which I am. But this smiley isn't shocked enough to be really realistically portraying my face and mind speechlessness.

Edit: I guess a mix of those two :smt087 :smt119 would be accurate. Yes the second is funny, but meh.

_______

"Greedy hosts"? Did you not understand when I said this would pay for the prison system? Last I checked, the prison system is not privatised.. so personal profit, there will not be.

Greedy TV hosts, because if such shameful acts were to be permitted, TV would want its share of cash and there to broadcast it to show the population of TV viewers these kind of fights.
Last edited by Cole on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Cole wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Seaanyboy wrote:

Cole wrote:
Why should Johnny Cash be awarded and I looked at funny?

Yes becaues no one gains from Government Facilities ](*,) :smt047
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”