Public smoking bans

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Public smoking bans

Z E R O wrote:You americans/brits/europeans have it easy on smoking laws... :X it's much more strict here in Canada, while different provinces have their own tobacco policies, they've recently banned smoking from within 10M of any entrance or exit, banned all displays of tobacco (It's all served from underneath covered displays), and some provinces have banned the sale of tobacco from any supermarket that also contains a pharmacy. Beyond that, there is no such thing as a bar/store/mall ect, with a smoking area and a not smoking area. Any public places is 100% smoking prohibited.

Most of these laws seem to be stepping over the line, especially the one that tells you where you can and can not smoke OUTSIDE. I mean it's outside for christ sake.

Do I think that there should be no restrictions on tobacco? No, even as a smoker myself, I can understand how others can feel discomfort, and shouldn't be subjected to our smoke at every turn, but the fact is, the laws keep getting more restrictive, and more ludicrous, where does it stop?
Ya, most of that is pretty ridiculous ... even if you're a super anti-smoker.

@KMA; Yes, what Mezzanine said is what I meant.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
fatal
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

and by no means am i brilliant in saying this or a consipiracy theororist, but if any of you actually believe that "the will of the people" has ever gotten anything accomplished in american history short of the revolutionary and civil war, you may fall far short of the first listed above.

its all about predicting trends and using triggers or mechanisms to push the public one way or the other. if you REALLY believe the american people have the backbone to tell our government to step off and do something like that, AND get them to agree to it, with the many multi-billion dollar corporations that back and fund much of our govt, you may be even stupider than me, which i didnt think was possible
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

fatal wrote:and by no means am i brilliant in saying this or a consipiracy theororist, but if any of you actually believe that "the will of the people" has ever gotten anything accomplished in american history short of the revolutionary and civil war, you may fall far short of the first listed above.

its all about predicting trends and using triggers or mechanisms to push the public one way or the other. if you REALLY believe the american people have the backbone to tell our government to step off and do something like that, AND get them to agree to it, with the many multi-billion dollar corporations that back and fund much of our govt, you may be even stupider than me, which i didnt think was possible

American Gov is the worst of them all look what they did on September 9th

watch this if you disagree http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE

i wouldn't be surprised if they got paid off to implement a few stupid laws.
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

GrizzZzzly wrote:
Nostra wrote:"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Is misinterpreted I think.

Freedom is one thing. Inflicting constrains freedom. Dissallowing smoking creates more freedom in public spaces than allowing it does.

Not realy, like sheep we follow the laws and rules set by governing powers, the more we allow and accept their ways, the more easily the next rediculous law gets enforced with even less thought adhered to it by the governing powers then the previous rediculous law.

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”