Mods and Admin having a "Time Period"

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: Mods and Admin having a "Time Period"

I can not help but to laugh at the last three posts. Nothing personal, guys. :-D
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

[BoT] Jack wrote:I can not help but to laugh at the last three posts. Nothing personal, guys. :-D
:-D
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

renegadze wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:The voting is biased anyways or havent you noticed. There is nothing wrong with the current system. I wonder why this is brought up now anyways :-k inquiring minds want to know.
i agree. All voting for whatever it is on this forum is biased. This current team is doing a pretty good job and the Oms office is proof of that, none of this garbage about people being too scared to complain or not bothered to report stuff. [-(

So you're saying because there are cases in the "Oms Office" people are reporting "stuff"? and how exactly do you calculate all those that don't report because of the reasons above then?

IMO there should be no application process for Mods, people should be approaced by the Admins about a position when it has been noted that they are being both helpful and diplomatic with their posts. This negates any voting system (which we can all agree is ALWAYS rigged).

But on the previous question should the Admins be replaced? Yes I do believe there should be a lifecycle on their position - some people never forget abuses of power, and unfortunately. 'that' will follow those that do it for a very long time.

If people are scared of the "big bad mods" than that is their own folly and they must live with it. Solus, a supermod, is the most approachable person on the forum. If you're 'afraid' of Solus, you either know you're wrong, or you're just a moron. And nothing is going to change that.

This whole "Oh I'm afraid of the big bad mods, wah wah wah" is utter bull **Filtered**. The real issue here is "there are no mods that will agree with me, so I want to install a mod team that will take my side everytime even when in the wrong," that's all it really is. Granted there might be a few newer users, or users that are not that active here that really are afraid of the mods, but that is because their alliance mates/friends fill their head with crap about the mods that's either entirely untrue or seriously twisted to fit their own agenda.

Clarkey wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:I can not help but to laugh at the last three posts. Nothing personal, guys. :-D
:-D

:smt050
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

My point is made ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I only just recovered my breath. :lol:
Jedi~Tank wrote:My point is made ;)
*grin* Advantage of making a good point.. it's always proven by others.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

[BoT] Jack wrote:Granted there might be a few newer users, or users that are not that active here that really are afraid of the mods, but that is because their alliance mates/friends fill their head with crap about the mods that's either entirely untrue or seriously twisted to fit their own agenda.

This statement is very very true. I've come across a few in my years of Moderating, and I was not pleased to see what certain individuals had said about the Moderators who do everything for them without pay, or expecting a thank you.

Every single Moderator or Admin is approachable. Solus is the most approachable of us all, and he's cuddly..for an Aussie. :smt112
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Noobert wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:Granted there might be a few newer users, or users that are not that active here that really are afraid of the mods, but that is because their alliance mates/friends fill their head with crap about the mods that's either entirely untrue or seriously twisted to fit their own agenda.

This statement is very very true. I've come across a few in my years of Moderating, and I was not pleased to see what certain individuals had said about the Moderators who do everything for them without pay, or expecting a thank you.

Every single Moderator or Admin is approachable. Solus is the most approachable of us all, and he's cuddly..for an Aussie. :smt112

In addition to that I would suggest some people are just turned off completely by what some mods post, or rather some of the posts mods make. I don't think the "filling heads against mods" is practiced much, its mostly an accusation or an idea some people have although there are a small few going about it these days...but anyways that "fear factor" really doesnt exist like is is supposed.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Whats funny is some of you actually believe ( or wish to believe ) that things will change if all admins etc are replaced, its the community that makes the issues around here, the mods/admins are just the easy targets because they have to either stop the issues or monitor them closely,

There are certain mods who just should not be there at all, but that was down to previous admins who let them become mods, apparently alot of warnings and the odd ban was accepted back then and allowed you to become a mod to then warn people for the very thing you used to do, ironic.....

Fact is, nothing will ever change on these forums, its been this way since the start, and the trend will continue until the forum ceases, and all those who believe changing the admins will change anything are living in a dream land.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”