Further Plague Effects

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Re: Further Plague Effects

Nostra wrote:How you, Robe, only reply to the topic to get this plaque thing adjusted in your favor...
Incorrect Nostra.

Fixing the plague is in the interest of the Game not myself.
I have the capaçity to build a 200t plus defence but choose not to.
Nostra wrote:...but how you steer clear of the other topics, like the capping.

Again incorrect Nostra.

I posted in your thread about Capping Everything.
I agreed with ETLs comments viewtopic.php?f=13&t=183898&start=195
Robe wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:Capping will inevitably lead to calls to increase.
For covert/AC..make it that no one can get level 40c or AC until ATLEAST 9 months to a year after gaining level 39..or basically make level 40 5 times more expensive...and so on..
Ascension, link vacation mode, as long as one hasn't attacked/sabbed or assasinated in either server for 24 hours, then one can go into vacation mode.

As for linking ppt, it is totally implausible with current game mechanics. People are away usually on ppt days, so you might end up with 2-3 days to descend someone who is more than likely to be on, which we all know is almost impossible to descend. The only way I can see a workaround is to change descension itself from the current maximum of 40 percent damage to something like 75 percent damage. Now obviously most people cannot do max damage to others, so it won't affect much..but if one has totally ignored their ascended account..2 hits and descended!

To give you an idea..I was doing over 850 million LF damage to Kjarkur, and that still wasn't the max 40 percent damage as he had so much LF reserves. So even with a new 75 percent max damage rate, it would probably take nearly as long to descend him.

100% Agree.
Ascended server is the ultimate catch up server - unlike main.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Robe wrote:
Nostra wrote:How you, Robe, only reply to the topic to get this plaque thing adjusted in your favor...
Incorrect Nostra.

Fixing the plague is in the interest of the Game not myself.
I have the capaçity to build a 200t plus defence but choose not to.

It only involves a very very select few, how on earth, can these huge amounts of time be spent on it on admin meets, suggestion threads ... and what not ...

Imho, you are only bothered by it as you people cant mass it cheaply ... the same goes for the ascended server suggestions, making it take longer, would make it less easy on you.

Robe wrote:
Nostra wrote:...but how you steer clear of the other topics, like the capping.

Again incorrect Nostra.

I posted in your thread about Capping Everything.
I agreed with ETLs comments viewtopic.php?f=13&t=183898&start=195
Robe wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:Capping will inevitably lead to calls to increase.
For covert/AC..make it that no one can get level 40c or AC until ATLEAST 9 months to a year after gaining level 39..or basically make level 40 5 times more expensive...and so on..
Ascension, link vacation mode, as long as one hasn't attacked/sabbed or assasinated in either server for 24 hours, then one can go into vacation mode.

As for linking ppt, it is totally implausible with current game mechanics. People are away usually on ppt days, so you might end up with 2-3 days to descend someone who is more than likely to be on, which we all know is almost impossible to descend. The only way I can see a workaround is to change descension itself from the current maximum of 40 percent damage to something like 75 percent damage. Now obviously most people cannot do max damage to others, so it won't affect much..but if one has totally ignored their ascended account..2 hits and descended!

To give you an idea..I was doing over 850 million LF damage to Kjarkur, and that still wasn't the max 40 percent damage as he had so much LF reserves. So even with a new 75 percent max damage rate, it would probably take nearly as long to descend him.

100% Agree.
Ascended server is the ultimate catch up server - unlike main.

Why am I incorrect ? did I say you did not post in it ?
I say you steered clear of it.

Many things have been discussed in there and you only bothered to reply to something which might effect your easy descending on the ascended server.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Nostra wrote:Many things have been discussed in there and you only bothered to reply to something which might effect your easy descending on the ascended server.

My post count is 3004 :roll:

Shoot me now for having the courage to voice my opinion openly at admin meetings and posting in the threads (like these) that I believe to be important to the game we all love.

Every player is entitled to post their opinion without being vilified.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Robe wrote:
Nostra wrote:Many things have been discussed in there and you only bothered to reply to something which might effect your easy descending on the ascended server.

My post count is 3004 :roll:

Shoot me now for having the courage to voice my opinion openly at admin meetings and posting in the threads (like these) that I believe to be important to the game we all love.

Every player is entitled to post their opinion without being vilified.

Wheres the pistol :) ?

Are the TL ddrumms beating already to oppose that suggesting in the other thread ?

How quickly you people run there, its **Filtered** hillarious !!!! :smt043
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - let us do this then:

1) 30% reduction in AB defense when others attack your realm if you are over the plague limit.
edit: 30% reduction in attack AB too. Gods hate germs. Germs come with plague :) and attackers take them with them to attack :)
2) 10% reduction in minimum % of attack vs. defense needed to hit/damage realm
3) watch the numbers, see how they play, and adjust only if necessary.

For the record, there will be NO hard limits or caps on any stats. This plague makes things harder to grow past, defend while in, and generally thrive under -- based on unit counts. Every stat needs units to increase it, mostly, so that is the right area to put a 'throttle' but I will never put a brick wall to run into :)

Hopefully with this last finetune, no more adjusting plague will be necessary> There will always be players above the majority, hard to take down, or TEMPORARILY untouchable. This is the way the universe works. These adjustments, though, allow any (if they pay for it) to challenge any other.

"He who lives as children live — who does not struggle for his bread and does not believe that his actions possess any ultimate significance — remains childlike. " -- thus spoke zarathustra
Don't make me use this!!!
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Forum wrote:ok - let us do this then:

1) 30% reduction in AB defense when others attack your realm if you are over the plague limit.
edit: 30% reduction in attack AB too. Gods hate germs. Germs come with plague :) and attackers take them with them to attack :)
2) 10% reduction in minimum % of attack vs. defense needed to hit/damage realm
3) watch the numbers, see how they play, and adjust only if necessary.

For the record, there will be NO hard limits or caps on any stats. This plague makes things harder to grow past, defend while in, and generally thrive under -- based on unit counts. Every stat needs units to increase it, mostly, so that is the right area to put a 'throttle' but I will never put a brick wall to run into :)

Hopefully with this last finetune, no more adjusting plague will be necessary> There will always be players above the majority, hard to take down, or TEMPORARILY untouchable. This is the way the universe works. These adjustments, though, allow any (if they pay for it) to challenge any other.

"He who lives as children live — who does not struggle for his bread and does not believe that his actions possess any ultimate significance — remains childlike. " -- thus spoke zarathustra

would it be better that player above the plague would not use mercenaries?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Lithium wrote:would it be better that player above the plague would not use mercenaries?

actually i think its worse when they buy mercs.
mercs add to unit count.
unit count above limit dictates # dead
dead are chosen from specialities by % of total units.
so more covert (for example) die, when mercs are bought....

so i am of opinion that maxing mercs kills the population much more quickly than no mercs.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

Forum wrote:
Lithium wrote:would it be better that player above the plague would not use mercenaries?

mercs add to unit count.

so i am of opinion that maxing mercs kills the population much more quickly than no mercs.

Exactly, When I buy 120 mil extra mercs my plague goes up from 3.3 mil per day to 5 mil per day...
Meh...
TLPhoenix
Fledgling Forumer

I believe those latest figures are a nice balance :) 50% was wayy to much.

Maybe later on in the future something cna be put in that relates army size along with a UP and blessing deduction similar to how cosmic expansion rate goes down in a % on ascended :)
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Forum wrote:

mercs add to unit count.

i see
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Does this mean 2 times the plague amount (1.086 bil planets) or 2 times the buy cap (543 mil planets)?

If a user is in a plague situation (2x max units, as seen in personelle/training)
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Why do the gods hate skittles? Fruity infused sugar explosion ftw.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

sorry ... clarified on updates .It simply states 'over plague threshold as seen in personelle/training screen' ...
543 :)
Mathlord wrote:Does this mean 2 times the plague amount (1.086 bil planets) or 2 times the buy cap (543 mil planets)?

If a user is in a plague situation (2x max units, as seen in personelle/training)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

not relevent...
stuff of legends wrote:Why do the gods hate skittles? Fruity infused sugar explosion ftw.

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”