Limit on attack turns (as started in rules) not working

[SBO] DarthYoda
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

he's talking as a representation... not a real life senario...

i must say that i agree that the damage done should be proportional to the attack turns used.. and also the strike capability of your enemies attack
Spykie
Fledgling Forumer

I agree with EtL aswell, damage should be proportionel!

btw. it's funny to see that mostly epa members are complaining :roll:
Muhahu?!
the3rdlibra

i'm really not sure who i agree with here, although Wolf and Salvo are making the most sense, EnterTheLion's comments also hold a great deal of water... i, myself, have been guilty of breaking this rule countless times (and not always for the glory of war). There have been times, i admit, that i have simply grown weary with constantly having to repair each day due to a cheeky noob who doesn't understand the attack system mechanics attacking me day in day out... couple of hundred attack turns later they are dust at my feet. On the other hand, without breaking this rule, this game would lose (in my honest opinion) the very last shred of playability it has. Now i'm sorry if this last comment makes you queezy Forum but i'm afraid it is true. You have removed every single other viable warcrafting strategy from the game. So i say keep the attack system as it is, we know we are breaking the rule, but i don't ever see it being enforced as it would cause a massive walk-out.. consider.. you have fallen foul of someone breaking this rule, when this rule is enforced what do you want as compensation? Your weapons and Naq back? Not gonna happen mate... The Saz, ELUSIVE, Apophis, Jase, Esker, Myself and COUNTLESS others have lost literally THOUSANDS OF WEAPONS AND TROOPS due to this rule not being enforced, are we all getting compensated? i really don't see it happening so i believe it to be rather too late in the day for enforcement.

-Ste
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

OMG me and ste disagree on something means i have to go and reconsider my postion :D
BUt in all seriousness i've lost plenty a weapon to this type of attack by people with no intrest in rank (which is the prupose of the game) people who just build stirke and hit at the top players or people they just odn;t like (i fit in the second groupd mind u :P) It's a sad day when people ranked 600 and 700 ranks beanthe me can cost me so many weapons and there is nothing i can do to retalite cuz they ahve no defense weapons kind puts u in a hopless postion doesn't it ?
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

The best solution to the problem..is return the covert to how things were before..so atleast the top players can remove such ppl's attack. Because this tactic unbalances the game, it gives the Tauri too much power, because they have no defence to destroy while making asgard strengths useless. And how come ppl with no weapon at all are able to attack and cause damage?
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Apocalypse.
Forum Irregular
Location: Hell (where all the other Hell spawns hang out) , awaiting my well earned damnation

EnterTheLion wrote:The best solution to the problem..is return the covert to how things were before..so atleast the top players can remove such ppl's attack. Because this tactic unbalances the game, it gives the Tauri too much power, while making asgard strengths useless. And how come ppl with no weapon at all are able to attack and cause damage?

Sorry Any sentence with covert more and power in it is a bad bad idea i can see people going abck to theway things were having few weapons and nothing covert being stornger than armies and people with no troops or nothing just killing others off cuz they spent the all thier game time working on covert instead of playing .
wonta
Forum Newbie

if someone with 1 attack weopon attacks someone with 1000 weopons and destroys all of them with let say 1000 attacks then surely if that person hits back with there 1000 weopons should destroy there weopon with 1 attack and if they where to attack back 1000 turns then the 1st guy would no longer be in the game as all he had would be destroyed
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Amon Ra wrote:OMG me and ste disagree on something means i have to go and reconsider my postion :D
BUt in all seriousness i've lost plenty a weapon to this type of attack by people with no intrest in rank (which is the prupose of the game) people who just build stirke and hit at the top players or people they just odn;t like (i fit in the second groupd mind u :P) It's a sad day when people ranked 600 and 700 ranks beanthe me can cost me so many weapons and there is nothing i can do to retalite cuz they ahve no defense weapons kind puts u in a hopless postion doesn't it ?

No interest in rank - I think you're wrong there Amon - if a group take out a player that is a threat to them, then they have a chance to build up forces and gain rank while that player is too busy revuilding their forces to worry about them...
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Amon Ra wrote:
EnterTheLion wrote:The best solution to the problem..is return the covert to how things were before..so atleast the top players can remove such ppl's attack. Because this tactic unbalances the game, it gives the Tauri too much power, while making asgard strengths useless. And how come ppl with no weapon at all are able to attack and cause damage?

Sorry Any sentence with covert more and power in it is a bad bad idea i can see people going abck to theway things were having few weapons and nothing covert being stornger than armies and people with no troops or nothing just killing others off cuz they spent the all thier game time working on covert instead of playing .

Agree
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Amon Ra wrote:

I disagree. Covert is a joke right now. We need 2 changes in the covert department:
1: Maximum damage proportional to the total weapon power of the target.
2: A way to take out someone who's all covert

1 will increase covert to a reasonable power. 2 will make sure it isn't abused like it was before.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.

I think it would be better to limit the number of attacks turn on one person I have tried to attack someone before and it says there is a war raging and if 2 people can't attack the same person in one round then you shouldnt be able to attack twice.

I think it would be better to limit the number of attacks per turn on one person. I have tried to attack someone before and it says there is a war raging and if 2 people can't attack the same person in one round then you shouldnt be able to attack twice.

Thats better

the reason for that message is that you are either the second person on that ip to attack them, or you have multiple accounts
Jutah
Forum Grunt

damn large pistol..... :o
Jutah
Forum Grunt

EnterTheLion wrote:one bullet would barely make a dent in a tank..and we are talking motherships here. think a pistol is going to dent a mothership?

(sorry was outta context)

Return to “Bugs Archive”