All new Battlestar coming soon

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: All new Battlestar coming soon

CCexy wrote:there is a battlestar G movie being made too but by different people dont no ow thats going to work really :s

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/ ... emake.html

after reading this im fine with it i liked the original and I admit the remake was better acting and storylines until season 4 of the new one kinda got repetitive n poor writing

the only thing is to fans of he new not the old this will confuse them surely as starbuck will be a man again and people will go what and so on lol and im going to lol if i hear a sci fi noob says starbuck was a woman 1st :P

Im genuinely shocked

As as child ( about 5-8 yo in the early 80s ) I loved the original series, it seemed epic for the time when it had things like Blakes 7, Buck Rogers & Original Dr Who as competition. But it aged badly, all to nice, the goodies were all good and never got killed, the baddies were so dumb it was surprising they still existed. The characters cheesier than a bag of quavers and the acting so poor it hurt the eyes.

The remake came and it was truly epic, probably the best remake of any TV show ever taking all the good bits from the original while fixing all the flaws & faults.

Why go back to the old formula when the new one is Soooooooooooo much better ???

Only thing I can think of it to make it suitable for the young children again, which while great for the kids is not so good for me.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

it was a sign of hte 80s the good guys never got hurt etc for instance look at the A TEAM noone gothurt or killed with all those cars turning over etc

this movie while im a fan of both shows I wont watch. why? not because Im sure I would love it but think of it. its starting from the start again Ive seen it twice before in the original and the sci fi network one. We know what happens for say the first half of the movie and the end either will be search for earth *its unlikely to find it in one movie* and Im sure other people will feel the same why go to see something you know whats going to happen. If it happens or set after the destruction of colonies then fine Ill watch it

but it will flop because its still fresh in memories of people lol like spiderman should flop but might have enough die hard fans to save it (yes theres a new one coming out next year which is a remake SIGH the originals sucked lol)

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

CCexy wrote:it was a sign of hte 80s the good guys never got hurt etc for instance look at the A TEAM noone gothurt or killed with all those cars turning over etc

this movie while im a fan of both shows I wont watch. why? not because Im sure I would love it but think of it. its starting from the start again Ive seen it twice before in the original and the sci fi network one. We know what happens for say the first half of the movie and the end either will be search for earth *its unlikely to find it in one movie* and Im sure other people will feel the same why go to see something you know whats going to happen. If it happens or set after the destruction of colonies then fine Ill watch it

but it will flop because its still fresh in memories of people lol like spiderman should flop but might have enough die hard fans to save it (yes theres a new one coming out next year which is a remake SIGH the originals sucked lol)

I agree 100%

Also if this new Battlestar prequel TV series coming out in the 'remake' format it would be very confusing, and even if the movie was is in the 'remake' format is would still be like the Stargate / Serenity type of movie where it feels like an extended or double episode with too much crammed in to too little time ( episode length being about 45mins and cinema cuts of most movies being roughly 90mins ).

But still I dont think I could resist, would probably watch it and be disappointed

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
EbilCC
Forum Addict

i dont no if id be disapointed with the effects or acting it depends who is in it. Bryan singer is directing he is one of my favorite directors but the only disapointment would be I now whats going to happen as i said if its remake not reimagining both started the same

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

KnowLedge wrote:lol the series is not even out yet and alredy thinking of 'downloading it' maxst?

Lets all make a vow.. The reason why Caprica got cancelled is because it didnt have enough viewers.. Lets give blood and chrome a high viewship by actually watching the show on sci fi??

How about we all make a vow to stop being dumb and ignorant? Maybe if I had cable tv I'd watch it. Since I don't... I download. Know the facts before making blind dumbass comments.

Caprica had no viewers because it sucked. It was slower and worse than SGU. It had no following because it provided no action. Just like SGU, it carried a brand name... Battlestar Galactica. It had a season to live up to the expectations of the brand name, and it didn't.

This is a new day and age for tv series. People watch tv on their schedule. Not the network's schedule. If they can't get with the times and provide shows on their websites to get a better following, then that's their own issue. I'd gladly stream a show from their website with commercials if they offered that option... but they don't, so I watch it however I can.
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

MaxSterling wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:lol the series is not even out yet and alredy thinking of 'downloading it' maxst?

Lets all make a vow.. The reason why Caprica got cancelled is because it didnt have enough viewers.. Lets give blood and chrome a high viewship by actually watching the show on sci fi??

How about we all make a vow to stop being dumb and ignorant? Maybe if I had cable tv I'd watch it. Since I don't... I download. Know the facts before making blind dumbass comments.

Caprica had no viewers because it sucked. It was slower and worse than SGU. It had no following because it provided no action. Just like SGU, it carried a brand name... Battlestar Galactica. It had a season to live up to the expectations of the brand name, and it didn't.

This is a new day and age for tv series. People watch tv on their schedule. Not the network's schedule. If they can't get with the times and provide shows on their websites to get a better following, then that's their own issue. I'd gladly stream a show from their website with commercials if they offered that option... but they don't, so I watch it however I can.

K well its just a suggest u cheap ass kid. u dont want it to be cancelled then **Filtered** watch the show on tv and stop being a poor ass. Caprica beat SGU easy.

lmao you say you will stream the episode if they offer it? yea your right, you will stream it, ONLY if they offer for free you cheap ass. and than people like you complain that its being cancelled. geez spend some cash on something you enjoy.
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

KnowLedge wrote:
MaxSterling wrote:

K well its just a suggest u cheap ass kid. u dont want it to be cancelled then **Filtered** watch the show on tv and stop being a poor ass. Caprica beat SGU easy.

lmao you say you will stream the episode if they offer it? yea your right, you will stream it, ONLY if they offer for free you cheap ass. and than people like you complain that its being cancelled. geez spend some cash on something you enjoy.

Cable tv is about as worthless as your username, because your username is one thing you lack... knowledge. I hope more people are like me and stream free tv... just so all your favorite shows get canceled. I'd much rather use my money to increase my bandwidth, than fork up money to pay to watch tv.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

MEZZANINE wrote:
KnowLedge wrote:I doupt the viewership numbers are based on survey.. I always though they were found using deal where the tv broadcasters share info with the channels/producers

Google it, not so much survey's anymore as technology has moved on, but sample groups of households are selected and given free TV access in return for having monitoring devise attached to their TVs that log what they watch.

I've actually been surveyed two different times. Once for radio and once for TV. The radio one was back in 2000, the Nielsen TV ratings one was like last year.

P.S. I do agree that it's BS.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “The TV room”