Our history is our destiny

Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Re: Our history is our destiny

Go ahead and make an argument for that position.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

It's a stupid statement. Just think about it for one minute.

des·ti·nyNoun/ˈdestinē/
1. The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
2. The hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.

his·to·ryNoun/ˈhist(ə)rē/
1. The study of past events, particularly in human affairs.
2. The past considered as a whole.

Now I was lazy and used Google for the definitions a.k.a Merriam-Webster, but this thread isn't worth any further discussion. Stupid statement is stupid.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You're assuming something is either 'past', 'present' or 'future', all three exclusive concepts? :?
My.. we'd have to teach you about temporal mechanics, then. :neutral:
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

lol at ure sig juliet :smt050

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
xDaku
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:You're assuming something is either 'past', 'present' or 'future', all three exclusive concepts? :?

You and I both know that there are two sides to the argument. I could just as easily argue that time is actually based off exclusive concepts, though I'll just point you at special relativity and the M-theory instead, you can do your own research ;)

Regardless, you and I also know that the statement in the title of this thread is a lie, simply because the past is not the future, the future is not the past, they are not one and the same. If they were, you'd be living in a circle.

Easy example, I had a pizza slice last night, I had a Quiznos sub today. There, history was not my destiny. My destiny for today was to eat the sub, my history was a slice of pizza. You can argue continuum of life, to which I say "haha".
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Spoiler

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I'll surprise you then..

Future, past and present are all the same 'instant'. Everything happens at the same 'time', there is no such thing as time itself, except as the construct of a human mind in order to create order in absolute hyper-chaos. A chaos so extreme, that by default, it appears 'orderly' to human observers. Who, upon looking closer, realise that at the smallest levels, everything is chaotic. Indicative 'loose threads' of the hyper-chaos we cannot perceive in our infinite smallness.
- "But how do you explain multiple people observing the same thing?"
There are no multiple people. Just as there is no 'you', there is no 'me', there is coincidence, chance and random rule 'everything', all is one, and at the same instant. The hyper-chaotic 'reality' presents itself as a one-dimensional thing to an observer placed outside of that reality.
- "So how are you typing this, then?"
I'm not. It's all a coincidence that it would appear as such to you. Don't ask me how it works. Belief is the only thing you have. :P

I know the concepts and their origins, and their exclusivity within this context, but I contest mankind's ability to perceive.
Now, if I weren't catching a plane tomorrow, I'd stay up late and explain more in depth. :P Which I can. :D But let's do this some other time. ;)
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

xDaku wrote:Easy example, I had a pizza slice last night, I had a Quiznos sub today. There, history was not my destiny. My destiny for today was to eat the sub, my history was a slice of pizza. You can argue continuum of life, to which I say "haha".

lol I like that, I disagree with you about the statement, I just like how you argue

Hmm I was thinking more about human nature as in my first post, bigger picture than day to day randomness.

But hey if you like Pizza ( as I do ) then the odds are you will eat pizza again and again, not everyday but yes repeatedly throughout your life. If you eat pizza next week or next month you will be repeating your past, and since you will eat it again you will be seeing ( or rather tasting ) an event in your future. Will you really give up pizza to prove me wrong ?? lol

As for temporal theories, dont know much about them, but I do like the circle of time threory

Big Bang - expansion of universe forming stars/planets/life - matter converging through gravity - black holes swallowing up all matter - black holes converging into one giant super dense mass - instability in single super dense mass causing another big bang and round and round we go :D

Juliette wrote:I'll surprise you then..

Future, past and present are all the same 'instant'. Everything happens at the same 'time', there is no such thing as time itself, except as the construct of a human mind in order to create order in absolute hyper-chaos. A chaos so extreme, that by default, it appears 'orderly' to human observers. Who, upon looking closer, realise that at the smallest levels, everything is chaotic. Indicative 'loose threads' of the hyper-chaos we cannot perceive in our infinite smallness.
- "But how do you explain multiple people observing the same thing?"
There are no multiple people. Just as there is no 'you', there is no 'me', there is coincidence, chance and random rule 'everything', all is one, and at the same instant. The hyper-chaotic 'reality' presents itself as a one-dimensional thing to an observer placed outside of that reality.
- "So how are you typing this, then?"
I'm not. It's all a coincidence that it would appear as such to you. Don't ask me how it works. Belief is the only thing you have. :P

I know the concepts and their origins, and their exclusivity within this context, but I contest mankind's ability to perceive.
Now, if I weren't catching a plane tomorrow, I'd stay up late and explain more in depth. :P Which I can. :D But let's do this some other time. ;)

WOW most of that just went straight over my head

I would agree that perception governs our individual realities. None of us see or experience anything exactly the same.

But I dont believe in chaos, everything reacts in an orderly fashion and it's only our inability to measure & understand complex systems that make them appear chaotic to us.

In simple man made systems where we know everything about every component & acting force we can predict everything that has, is and will happen in that system. Expand that to a universal level and if we knew everything about it at a given moment we would also be able to determine everything that ever had or would happen.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon
ID: 0

[BoT] Jack wrote:Go ahead and make an argument for that position.

Ohh Ohh I wanna make one!!

Our history is our destiny because all things inevitably devolve back to their original state or something similar

Ok well, reading that statement struck me with deep thinking.. you see Electrons are always excited and they return to their ground state. anytime electrons are excited, they always tend to return to their state of ground.. For electrons that's their past and their future, the ground state that is.. YOu see we are very much like electrons (partially because we are filled with them), the electrons in our body will return to ground state in the end when we die and for that reason, this statement is very much valid!
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

xDaku wrote:
Juliette wrote:You're assuming something is either 'past', 'present' or 'future', all three exclusive concepts? :?

You and I both know that there are two sides to the argument. I could just as easily argue that time is actually based off exclusive concepts, though I'll just point you at special relativity and the M-theory instead, you can do your own research ;)

Regardless, you and I also know that the statement in the title of this thread is a lie, simply because the past is not the future, the future is not the past, they are not one and the same. If they were, you'd be living in a circle.

Easy example, I had a pizza slice last night, I had a Quiznos sub today. There, history was not my destiny. My destiny for today was to eat the sub, my history was a slice of pizza. You can argue continuum of life, to which I say "haha".

Conversely, you had pizza the night before, leading you to eat something different. The past dictated your future actions. Therefore, your history is your destiny.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
lordernest
Forum Elite
Alliance: Loner
Race: TRUE GOD OF ALL
ID: 0

[BoT] Jack wrote:
xDaku wrote:

Conversely, you had pizza the night before, leading you to eat something different. The past dictated your future actions. Therefore, your history is your destiny.

Indeed that is is correct; the past in essence helps lead you to your future actions and therefore can help in determining your destiny making the statement true.
" From the Darkness Arises an Old System Lord, ready to take back the glories lost in time." - Terak , First Prime of Ernest

"There is no fear, only terror
There is no resistance, only submission
There is no peace , only war
There is no fate, only consequences."
- Lord Ernest
xDaku
Forum Addict

[BoT] Jack wrote:
xDaku wrote:

There is a difference between your history dictating your future and the original statement - Our history is our destiny.

Original statement says that our past is our future, and clearly my past wasn't my future. Mezz, better example then:

I had my first time when I was 17, I don't think that history of mine will ever repeat again :P
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

This thread made me think of that Shirley Bassey song. The one about history repeating. Might youtube it. Also, I tend to agree with MEZZANINE's analysis.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”