Ombudsman Case Archives
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: Peace out

caesar2 wrote:Deni, actually... it was written in my topic more than twice that I recieved Board Warning cuse previous cases with that rule. It was explain like C2 is old forum user and should know rules, and from his "masking" hystory he should know...

Well... am not sure if this was the official statement of section mod, but am sure more mods posted this reason. Because, mod can give verbal warning, or board warning, like rules says. There it is all up tto mods, how they decide. The decision was not explained. Mod only copy/pasted me rules, and I asked. Another official answer was another copy/paste in another form.

And a lot of mods posting, how old user I am and how shouyld I know.
Deni, officialy or not, reread my topic. There is written a lot of **Filtered**.

C2, I for sure would expect from an experienced user like yourself to be able to judge if a message is appropriate for the forums or not. I personally do not see the need for any profanity around the forums and I doubt you will disagree with me.

If someone posts a message that contains profanity, I would check if the poster has a history of posting profanity and if they have received any recent verbal warnings asking them to abstain from posting profanity. If that was the case, then I would give them an official warning. If not, a polite note asking them to abstain from posting messages containing profanity would be the course of action.

The question regarding your warning is, if "****ing" falls into the masking rule as an attempt to circumvent the current filter or if it is already censored and thus not subject to the masking rule. As I said already, I do consider it the latter.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Vicarious wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:Peace out girl scout

Juliette wrote:kthxbai,Jo

Can neither of you post a sincere response to a pretty serious issue? Do you both really care so little?

It's hard to take seriously the ranting ravings of an adolescent child, much less that of an adult acting like one.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[BoT] Jack wrote:
Vicarious wrote:
Can neither of you post a sincere response to a pretty serious issue? Do you both really care so little?
It's hard to take seriously the ranting ravings of an adolescent child, much less that of an adult acting like one.
:( I thought you liked me. Now what will I do with the apple pie I baked for you? :cry:
(I mean, you couldn't possibly be talking about Ifrit now, did you.)
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Juliette wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:
Vicarious wrote:
:( I thought you liked me. Now what will I do with the apple pie I baked for you? :cry:

Pies baked by adolescent children are rarely any good, anyways. :smt019

;)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Juliette wrote:
[BoT] Jack wrote:
Vicarious wrote:

CHRIS HANSEN IS COMING RUN
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

deni wrote:
caesar2 wrote:Deni, actually... it was written in my topic more than twice that I recieved Board Warning cuse previous cases with that rule. It was explain like C2 is old forum user and should know rules, and from his "masking" hystory he should know...

Well... am not sure if this was the official statement of section mod, but am sure more mods posted this reason. Because, mod can give verbal warning, or board warning, like rules says. There it is all up tto mods, how they decide. The decision was not explained. Mod only copy/pasted me rules, and I asked. Another official answer was another copy/paste in another form.

And a lot of mods posting, how old user I am and how shouyld I know.
Deni, officialy or not, reread my topic. There is written a lot of **Filtered**.

C2, I for sure would expect from an experienced user like yourself to be able to judge if a message is appropriate for the forums or not. I personally do not see the need for any profanity around the forums and I doubt you will disagree with me.

If someone posts a message that contains profanity, I would check if the poster has a history of posting profanity and if they have received any recent verbal warnings asking them to abstain from posting profanity. If that was the case, then I would give them an official warning. If not, a polite note asking them to abstain from posting messages containing profanity would be the course of action.

The question regarding your warning is, if "****ing" falls into the masking rule as an attempt to circumvent the current filter or if it is already censored and thus not subject to the masking rule. As I said already, I do consider it the latter.

Yeah Deni, I think theres nothing bad on word Hammer copyed from game PM. Its not masking, its not profanity. Masking would be "Denl" or something like "Rob3rt" (j/k) not Hammer . Only those who are so focused on own ego and need to be so important are setting board warning for such stupid cases, showing own inetlect and real rude posts and discussions in war topics are mostly ignored.

Another case, is woprd like D3ni masking? I think it is. Cuse everyone see the real meaning, but the word is masked. Player can use such name ingame, but it is alowed to use on forums? Because rules clearly dont alowe that. MAsking is not alowed.

And D3ni is maskin.

"Word D3ni was just for ilustration."
RETURN of the P I R A T E
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

renegadze wrote:In the particular case in question, the warning was laughable at best.....surely if the ingame filter (set by the game admin) filters out everything not allowed, then surely everything left is fine? stands to reason no? - saying that the user in question has masked words before is totally irrelevant...different case.....you shouldn't be found guilty of something just because you've done it before...maybe you should just perma ban all users ever to be warned....because if they've done it before...it's only a matter of time right? pathetic :smt015
Hang on, where in this thread did anyone indicate the issue is with that case? The Ombudsman have not even brought the case to the Administration. It is the Ombudsman that has FAILED you and quit over something behind closed doors. Don't try and defend something you are blind to.

No-one knows what the resolution would have been with that case if the Ombudsman had done his job and presented the final recommendations to the Administration as per the responsibilities of the Ombudsman role.

Why don't you ask why the Ombudsman did not fulfill his duties?

The administration have done nothing wrong here, it is the Ombudsman that has failed everyone.

Also you say the ingame filter should be the same as the forum filter, if one is good enough then it should be for the other.... answer this who administrates this forum? Jason? No. He washed his hands of the responsibility of this forum long ago.

If a user has masked words in the past and got several verbal warnings for it then of course if the user does it again they will get a official board warning, it's how the system works. Otherwise there is no point in verbal warnings and we should go straight to official board warnings, but i don't think you would like that would you?

Ask YOUR Ombudsman why he has not brought C2's case to the Administration.
Image ImageImageImage
Vicarious
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: SISU
ID: 1972520

Juliette wrote:
Vicarious wrote:
Ifrit: "Hi, I'm leaving." - Juliette: "Okay. Thanks! Bye."
Perfectly reasonable and fair response. I do not see what your problem is this time. ;)

Ifrit's issue is with the Administration. His decision to quit working with them, his resignation, his desertion of the position he was elected to and the people he was elected by is his own decision. I respect that, and I am glad he has -from what I know- done his job well so far. Decided to thank him, and wish him well. Incidentally, there is a single, short series of characters for that. You may not be familiar with the concept of text-talk? In any case. "kthxbai" is a lot faster than saying what I just said, wouldn't you agree? :D

And I do not really see why we'd have to explain ourselves to you. Would you rather not ask the administration or the ombudsman, instead of trolling, Vicky? ;)

His post was showing frustration at staff. That includes you, and your response of "kthxbai", implies you couldn't care less, and is in that language "trolls" use. Quite hypocritical you call me one, when you intentionally act like one, and when my post offered perfectly valid points.

You are supposed to be a moderator. In any other game I have played, moderators are assertive, well spoken, respectful and sincere, I think Ifrit's problem is the same as mine, too many mods here are none of those. I've never seen a mod (other than on GW) make a post that didn't have a very valid point to it, I see it everywhere here.

I'm not coming back to this thread because I know exactly how you will respond, how you always do, without scruples.

~Vicariously
Dark Hero Siggies:
Spoiler
Dark Hero says:
i ****** up with cough syrup once
never doing that again
it had sorbitol in it which basically means... instant diarrhoea
plus we were drinking at the same time which meant instant passing out
now put them both together....

Dark Hero says:
there is only 362 days in the year

Vicariously Dark Hero 10,000,000 Naquadah 5,800,000,000,000 Naquadah Jan 08, 2012, 11:11 am Completed.
GrizzZzzly siggies:
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly says:
ya but i mainly watch it cos he's hawt
Da Vinci siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
well was in the shower
thought why not time to spair
i can multi task
then he started saying
"bend over pick up the soap"
Lord of Destruction siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
guys
first 1 to reply wins 1t
omg..
not even loid
ppt misser
1t out
1.5t def
omg

Tom just sent you a nudge.

Andy says:
LoD $$$
™Lord Of DestructiOn says:
??
Andy says:
lol
Tom says:
lmaoi

Tom says:
lol my friend from college has sex with his cousin while his m8 watched from a tree
~NAME~ Siggies:
Spoiler
zakb3 says:
i love you <3
Jokerz Siggies:
Spoiler
peter says:
Rocky?
Andy says:
andy
peter says:
andy?
Andy says:
Vicariously
peter says:
ahh
Brothers siggies:
Spoiler
wnpll20@googlemail.com (E-mail address not verified) says:
guild stats whats left whilst i wsa ndruun
druk
drunky
drnk
drunkl
drunk
FM siggies:
Spoiler
FM says:
I once went out...and started drinking the next day as well...
and I went crazy
I don't remember anything about the evening...
I woke up in my mates new house...new carpet...the works...
There was a little turd on the floor
Tom says:
rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
FM says:
and on my ass

FM says:
Maybe you think slower then you type?
So you do stuff phonetically
Like a tard
Tom says:
mby u should shut up
Random Siggies:
Spoiler
vintage says:
come on andy do it
do it!
do
it
!

Andy says:
Weapons Destroyed
Name Type Quantity Strength
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 2005293 5750/5750
Defense
vintage says:
he did it :O
damn you :O

Alexander Newman says
your a tard //
Andy Barrell says
FS ******* Special
Alexander Newman says
TL **Filtered** Lemmings
Andy Barrell says
FS Forgotten Socks
Alexander Newman says
TL Twerp Sauce
Andy Barrell says
FAIL
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Vicarious wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Vicarious wrote:
Ifrit: "Hi, I'm leaving." - Juliette: "Okay. Thanks! Bye."
Perfectly reasonable and fair response. I do not see what your problem is this time. ;)

Ifrit's issue is with the Administration. His decision to quit working with them, his resignation, his desertion of the position he was elected to and the people he was elected by is his own decision. I respect that, and I am glad he has -from what I know- done his job well so far. Decided to thank him, and wish him well. Incidentally, there is a single, short series of characters for that. You may not be familiar with the concept of text-talk? In any case. "kthxbai" is a lot faster than saying what I just said, wouldn't you agree? :D

And I do not really see why we'd have to explain ourselves to you. Would you rather not ask the administration or the ombudsman, instead of trolling, Vicky? ;)

His post was showing frustration at staff. That includes you, and your response of "kthxbai", implies you couldn't care less, and is in that language "trolls" use. Quite hypocritical you call me one, when you intentionally act like one, and when my post offered perfectly valid points.

You are supposed to be a moderator. In any other game I have played, moderators are assertive, well spoken, respectful and sincere, I think Ifrit's problem is the same as mine, too many mods here are none of those. I've never seen a mod (other than on GW) make a post that didn't have a very valid point to it, I see it everywhere here.

I'm not coming back to this thread because I know exactly how you will respond, how you always do, without scruples.

~Vicariously

As far as I know, mods are also users, that's why on this forum, mods use a "mod color" to differenciate themselves acting as mods from acting as users. If a moderator posts something not within their mod color, it's totally wrong to say they are mods and thus shouldn't/should post this or that way, as long as they neither break rules nor post as mods (mod color).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Enough spam, bickering and childish replies.
*locked*
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”