Haz - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Haz - Feedback

Post any and all feedback about my modding here.

Please don't spam and please do not flame. Constructive criticism is allowed and I will take any serious feedback into account on future actions.

Post away :)

EDIT: When posting criticisms, please post either quotes or links to posts that you are referencing. I can't learn from my mistakes if I don't know what the mistakes were ;) :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

Re: Haz - Feedback

Bad mod, always butts into that which does not concern him no matter how trivial. Takes warnings too far. Thinks he is always right. HOWEVER, does have the capacity to fix these problems.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Bad mod, always butts into that which does not concern him no matter how trivial. Takes warnings too far. Thinks he is always right. HOWEVER, does have the capacity to fix these problems.

I will note that I do not always think I am right (oh the irony of me saying this), in fact I know I've made a few mistakes as a mod, and have learnt from them.

However, I would like to request evidence where the above has been the case.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

During my issue with my warning you began to post as though you knew the entire story. The story was very complicated as many mods were involved. Of all the mods involved you were not one but you seemed to want to interfere for some reason. Not only this but every topic that a mod posts 'keep it on topic' is you posting it. You take your modding responsibilities too far. You need to be more relaxed and not verbal warn over anything and everything.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:During my issue with my warning you began to post as though you knew the entire story. The story was very complicated as many mods were involved. Of all the mods involved you were not one but you seemed to want to interfere for some reason. Not only this but every topic that a mod posts 'keep it on topic' is you posting it. You take your modding responsibilities too far. You need to be more relaxed and not verbal warn over anything and everything.

I became involved because I was the user who reported the post. I got the notification from the report saying the post had been dealt with, so I checked it again. I saw it had been edited by a mod and then edited again by you, so I re-reported. I felt this was a valid reason to make a contribution to the ombudsman post.

Some of the time I see spam, I don't even post a warning in topic. I move it to the public dump and give people a chance to respond to it there. Also, the absence of the spam in the original topic would hopefully bring the thread "back on topic". If not, I usually then post the "back on topic".

I also feel that when I do choose to give a verbal warning, that it only be a verbal. It notifies the user of any "wrongdoing" without any serious repercussions on their forum account.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

after my dealings with this mod, i dont like him/her

sorry

H
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

harchester wrote:after my dealings with this mod, i dont like him/her

sorry

H

Anything more specific? What about me don't you like?

And for future reference, him. :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Bad mod, always butts into that which does not concern him no matter how trivial. Takes warnings too far. Thinks he is always right. HOWEVER, does have the capacity to fix these problems.

Is this a format whereas we can argue through attempts to justify actions or feedback?

anyways what "Ĕɱƿŷ" said..I think all mods have the capacity to improve themselves and thus participate in running this forum like a forum ought to be run, the question is will they make a willful CHOICE to do so.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

My general impression of Haz is that you can be long-winded at times,
but that goes for most of us, especially me. 8-[

I think that you are a decent mod.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

From the perspective of another mod (perhaps a slightly more interesting feedback) I do find some of your decisions can be a little OTT, and your modding can be slightly overzealous. While this can be a good thing, too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Your understanding of the rules and implementation of them are to the tee, however. I just think you could benefit from giving a little bit more leeway.

But hell, what do I know :P

If you need examples of anything, I could cite them (it'd have to be in PM though)
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

General and especially the GC is the most heated section on this forum.

As a General mod, one has 2 choices: take a kind of a back seat and avoid to mod controversial topics OR step up without being afraid of getting into the crossfire and actively mod topics that need modding.

Usually, the general mods who choose the first option, are considered "good" mods by the general public - after all, if you do not mod actively, there is a slim chance to make a mistake or or step on an user's wrong foot.

The ones who actually mod (like Haz), have the unthankful job of never ever being able to "please" everyone. The general public considers them "bad" mods as they have complaints filed against them etc.

They are the ones who keep the forum running though, remember that ;)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Ercury
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

A good point for you is , your discreet and correct.

A bad point is you always want to have the last straw , if you say it's black
than it's black even if it's white.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Haven't really dealt with you as a mod but your a nice guy and a good friend to me :smt050

although if everyone says your to strict maybe your to strict IDK lol
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Ercury wrote:A bad point is you always want to have the last straw , if you say it's black
than it's black even if it's white.

Could I get an example of this please?

From some of the posts here, some people seem to think I can be a bit too strict... so I shall take this into account with future modding :)
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

From my point of view, you explain your modding when it's asked why, also you seem to be patient with the explanations of your modding even when the topic gets a bit hot, I don't recall to have seen you get angry neither on the threads you modded nor on the forum specific issues subsections' threads (which can happen sometimes to some mods, not criticizing those, just to make the point Haz seem to not fall into the trap of "provocation" I sometimes suspect to see by reading some posts, "provocation" to get the mod angry I mean).
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”