LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

To discuss, debate, suggest improvements on, or ask to rollback, enhancements released to the game.
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Re: LIFER SUICIDE hits attack units when no defense

Jedi~Tank wrote:Who exactly will that formula benefit? :-k

Which bit ?

This update benefited ACers, more power to those with the insane $Levels$

What difference does it make to you any Mr WarRunner, didnt you quit already, sell your account, mouth off about the game being dead, and stamp your feet saying you were leaving to play another game ????

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

MEZZANINE wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Who exactly will that formula benefit? :-k

Which bit ?

This update benefited ACers, more power to those with the insane $Levels$

What difference does it make to you any Mr WarRunner, didnt you quit already, sell your account, mouth off about the game being dead, and stamp your feet saying you were leaving to play another game ????

Mezzo, just answer the question in this discussion thread, your obsessiveness should be left in the garbage thread, not out here in a very legit discussion.

Okay so, who exactly is going to benefit from your alternative? Details and tell us why it is viable and if it benefits smaller up and coming accounts/players, or will it just benefit one side in a current war, and perhaps hinder the other, do tell please thanks.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

This is a never ending cycle, 1 of the main reasons i hit vac mode was because of some players able to inflict max damage with having no defense, has defense even been linked to strike yet???

A much more simplistic idea would have been to make it that strike weapons either cannot be sold or have a 5% resale value, and go up 1% per turn ( if they are not used )

To stop the exploit of having say 1mill supers trained, having someone lifer 100k of them then build up to lose them from massing,

Make it that you can lose 10% Supers for every person you hit.

So if i attack say

Player A
Player B
Player C

They can each remove 10% from me, this would mean that 1 man massing an entire alliance would have interesting results, you could also add in there that Lifering for Super is not protected from PPT, this stops the MASS MASS MASS hide on PPT.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

This lifer suicide attack is ridiculous. You added it to solve a problem, but it is very ineffective against that problem.

I have read something along the lines, that it was made like this "to stop overkill", but when doing so, you forgot the point why it was added in the first place.

Regards.

The ratios are wrong, and because this attack kills more mercs, it is rather pointless. Also the mercs do not produce income and are very cheap while the supers are trained from units that could produce income; the sniping issue has a very cheap way around this "feature". IMO this attack should not touch the mercs.

Code: Select all

Of the 2,158,673 victim units blown or otherwise made into bits, about 0 were anti-covert, 1,655,248 were mercs, 0 were regulars, and 503,425 were supers.
KSM
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 57254

Wasn't this to stop people from storing uu in reg attack soldiers? Cause it doesn't do that
Fireinahole

former taf hc, but too lazy to change the sig

ilove me some me
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

KSM wrote:Wasn't this to stop people from storing uu in reg attack soldiers? Cause it doesn't do that

If you read you can only do 10% damage. With
3 lifer target 1 attack marc.
5 lifer target 1 attack soldier.
10 lifer target 1 super attacker making up the cost. This is not meant to kill every unit that is in someones attack slots.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

KSM wrote:Wasn't this to stop people from storing uu in reg attack soldiers? Cause it doesn't do that

That was the initial idea, but it would restrict gameplay too much.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
KSM
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 57254

:roll:

understood
Fireinahole

former taf hc, but too lazy to change the sig

ilove me some me
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:

That was the initial idea, but it would restrict gameplay too much.

It would, but this update does very little other than to provide another means of wasting your lifers on something...

Attack soldiers should not be invulnerable, I had 300m attack soldiers trained the other day with 0 defence for several days, doing the usual sniper thing.

Did anybody kill them? No - because it would have cost 1.5b to do so.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

And Killing someone entire strike without any major looses is a dumb idea.

You shouldnt be able to have 1 person kill anothers whole army aside from miners/lifters with some good looses to the person doing it. It shouldnt matter that people use normal attack troops to store uu. Many people dont like training spies, to untrain them to train as miners. To do that so many times, the person would have a whole account of lifters. Which many people dont want to do, since it costs 10% to be turned into lifters.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

*necro*

1. Lifer Suicide attacks now recorded properly: if AM/AS/ASS killed, they are no longer recorded as though you killed AC, but separately (on attack/defence).
    Lifer Suicide display in logs corrected (same grouping issue).
  2. Lifers themselves, of course, being terrorists, are not recorded.
    (Might be grouped as 'Civilian Casualties' though, eventually.)
Now, a couple of years after the introduction of the feature, there have been numerous (attempts at) Lifer Suicide attacks. You know how effective they are, how they feel, and what they cost.
I hereby open a discussion for ONE week (7 days) in which I will listen to arguments on modifying rates and that '10%'. :) One week, after which a change will be made (immediately).
Go ahead, make your cases.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

I would like to see it be 2 lifers to kill 1 AC, 3 lifers to kill a soldier or merc and 4 lifers to kill a super soldier, With 20% killable in one day.

I have no case as to why, But it would help stop snipers loading up uu as attack soldiers thus allowing a bit of payback, But still at a cost.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Ritalin
Forum Regular
Race: Mancunion

I would like to see a lifer suicide skill level introduced in a similar way to covert and ac levels

Reasons.

Lifers are untrained units that just kill themselves while killing others so why would they be able to kill something that is trained at different levels. for instance.. if you lifer suicide a level 30 anti cover you will kill the same as lifering a level 40 anti covert as long as you have sufficient attack force to initiate the battle. But the level 40 covert are higly skilled so does it not make sense that they would fight and evade the lifers better?

So if you added a lifer suicide skill level, it would make it more controllable in have many ac and soldiers you kill.

You could make a maximum kill rate but make it so you can only achieve this if the lifer skill matches the AC skill and the amount of other units could be based off this percentage too.

So if you are lifering an AC level of 40 with a lifer level of 10 then you would only achieve 25% of the maximum kills all round.

Hope this makes sense..
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I am happy to see this finally installed however the 10:1 is not a good ratio...if supers are defenseless it should be close to the 2:1 for killing ac.

Deni
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

I would like for lifers to target ac first, even if the target is defenceless. Right now noobs can ac with 0 def without much worry about being lifered.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (ones already released)”