Forum suggestion

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Forum suggestion

Rudy Pena wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Im not going to argue your points, but as i said, this forum needs traffic an the current status quo aint cutting it. You have to try new things to have success at something.
Hear, hear. But I am curious, how do you think this will bring traffic back? By carrying a function of 'outside' alliance forums into this forum? :)

This is a supplement..for example..if i added the dde historical section out here, it may open up nice discussions back and forth between the members and others

Now these things can be added in the usual alliance announcement section, but imo it is more personal and better organized in an actual alliance section.

I am sure btween DDE, TAF, OE, TL, FS, HVE and other long standing alliances here is allot of history to share and talk about, and nice for others to see and comment on...in a word..its an avenue of marketing as well..new members and visitors coming in would like a section like that..atleast I am sure they would.

viewforum.php?f=45
There is already a place for alliance histories.
To be honest I doubt the archives is a very actively read area. Having a history in a section specific to an alliance would be more meaningful.

It would also give people looking for alliances a place to look, or be directed to from the recruitment section.
Image ImageImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Clarkey wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Im not going to argue your points, but as i said, this forum needs traffic an the current status quo aint cutting it. You have to try new things to have success at something.
Hear, hear. But I am curious, how do you think this will bring traffic back? By carrying a function of 'outside' alliance forums into this forum? :)

This is a supplement..for example..if i added the dde historical section out here, it may open up nice discussions back and forth between the members and others

Now these things can be added in the usual alliance announcement section, but imo it is more personal and better organized in an actual alliance section.

I am sure btween DDE, TAF, OE, TL, FS, HVE and other long standing alliances here is allot of history to share and talk about, and nice for others to see and comment on...in a word..its an avenue of marketing as well..new members and visitors coming in would like a section like that..atleast I am sure they would.

viewforum.php?f=45
There is already a place for alliance histories.
To be honest I doubt the archives is a very actively read area. Having a history in a section specific to an alliance would be more meaningful.

It would also give people looking for alliances a place to look, or be directed to from the recruitment section.

It may not be active much, So what would a new one do? Yeah you will get people posting there alliance history a bit or even just coping and pasting from the link I posted. Then it will be like the archive, Thus I think it is not worth making another section when it will become inactive anyways.

Like that one race section everyone was wanted like 2 years ago about that race from the movie Avatar, From what I know its inactive( I have the race stuff blocked out).

Also people looking for alliances can just links to the alliance history thats posted in the archives,
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Rudy, I don't even think this section exists:

Roleplay General
Warning: Role Playing Zone - Content guidelines are applied less stringently.
Subforums: General, race archives, Replicators/ NanoTiMasters, Refugee Camp, Asgard/ Ancients, Goa'uld/ System Lords, Tauri/ Tollan

I think Refugee Camp is what used to be Daimon section, but I don't recall the avatar race obtained a section even though it got support from some people, mainly because it was clear hype wouldn't last long enough to be worth it.

Maybe would it be a good idea if people used alliance/character history sections again...I would agree with that suggestion of JT but this alliance history section already contains threads waiting to be updated and some needed to be created.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Legendary Apophis wrote:Rudy, I don't even think this section even exists:

Roleplay General
Warning: Role Playing Zone - Content guidelines are applied less stringently.
Subforums: General, race archives, Replicators/ NanoTiMasters, Refugee Camp, Asgard/ Ancients, Goa'uld/ System Lords, Tauri/ Tollan

I think Refugee Camp is what used to be Daimon section, but I don't recall the avatar race obtained a section.

Maybe would it be a good idea if people used alliance/character history sections again...I would agree with that suggestion of JT but this alliance history section already contains threads waiting to be updated and some needed to be created.

They can easily be moved, or remade.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Well from what I think I remember it was implented, maybe it was taken out.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Legendary Apophis wrote:Rudy, I don't even think this section exists:
Galactic Council does. ;)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Eärendil wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Rudy, I don't even think this section exists:
Galactic Council does. ;)

But it does.

viewforum.php?f=225

Wasn't it the defunct Daimon section?
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Eärendil wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:
Eärendil wrote:
Julietta Putina wrote: