The new login is AWESOME

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
sgwguy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

The new login is AWESOME

The first thing I said was "holy **Filtered** **Filtered**" which I then realized would be censored but who cares. Hat's off to those responsible! It felt like leveling up or something.

Login ACHIEVED!
Last edited by sgwguy on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: The new login is AWESOME

Yes, finally, after years of waiting, the bad looking page is replaced! :D
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
d3stroyer_69
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: lonewolfs
Race: UnKnown of tolah
ID: 1943805

Hey looks cool. But did ascended get updated in some other way? I wasnt massed or anything but looking at my CER, it was at around 98m planets a day, now its shot up to 170m or so a day :? ... wierd.
Sol
Forum Addict

d3stroyer_69 wrote:Hey looks cool. But did ascended get updated in some other way? I wasnt massed or anything but looking at my CER, it was at around 98m planets a day, now its shot up to 170m or so a day :? ... wierd.

It did, if you followed what i updated...
the planet 'cap' (before your CER starts crashing) went from 2 bill to 3 bill. Helps people get along faster.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
STRIKER666
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: None
Race: ONE OF A KIND

:D
Death
~LordRse~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Prophet
ID: 79075
Alternate name(s): "Bringer of Rain"

Sol is doing good work! Keep on going! :)
Spoiler
Past sigs

sgwguy
Fledgling Forumer

Hey Sol, how about you get to permanently keep 30% of the total UP you generate instead of it always dropping? It feels a lot less like accomplishment if it just disappears. I'm not complaining though.
Sol
Forum Addict

sgwguy wrote:Hey Sol, how about you get to permanently keep 30% of the total UP you generate instead of it always dropping? It feels a lot less like accomplishment if it just disappears. I'm not complaining though.

what do you mean? You're talking about the cosmic expansion rate yeah?

@Rse, thanks mate.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Drunken Master~
Forum Regular
Race: Drunken

Nice job mate, I also like the name change addition for 3000 turns...

Good Show =D>
Spoiler
Spoiler
sgwguy
Fledgling Forumer

Sorry I've been absent for a while. Yeah Sol I meant to CER, I don't think 30% is too much and it would be awful nice for everyone if you could keep a set amount. I don't know about everyone else but I put a lot of effort into expansion and to watch it diminish daily and simultaneously get exponentially more expensive to upgrade is very frustrating. I spend most all my game effort and resources at just keeping my CER at an even level, I'm almost past being able to increase it as it costs so much. I feel like Alice in Wonderland, running as fast as I can just to stay in one place.

I think a 30% baseline of your total CER that you don't drop below would boost the overall enjoyment and gameplay for everyone. I nearly dropped playing ascended all together back when I first learned I lost expansion per turn past a certain point. For a while I was sated by being able to upgrade but the cost is now so high both in development and powerup that it is hardly worth all the time necessary to farm quadrillions upon quadrillions of DMU to convert into LF.

All I am saying is losing resources on a daily basis that you had to work hard to get and gets ever harder to acquire sometimes makes the game feel less like fun and more like work.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

A 30% cap would lead to insane inflation... The cap is there to prolong the longevity of the server
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
sgwguy
Fledgling Forumer

Alright, how about an upgrade that automatically repairs your weapons after you attack someone for DMU? Put it in the powerup section and once you buy it you don't have to go to the fleet page every single time, repair weapons and backspace to the cosmos page to keep farming.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Honestly, i liked that old login page ten times more than this one. This one is just insanely bad. The only "good" thing it has, it has new appearance and looks nicer, but to get that new appearance, it loads for about 4s on new load, and about 2.5s on repetitive loads when it takes many data from cache, but if you try to open it from some mobile device, its even worse. Also this one does 55 requests to load the page, and at least half of them i dont understand and cant even see, cause it is loading various Google maps api things, which we dont need at all. Also this new design has broken functionality. Tab index are not present and the structure of inputs in form is badly placed, cause after entering your password, you have to press tab twice to enter pin code, and after entering that pin code if you hit enter, nothing happens, and the form is not being submitted. The form is being submitted only if you will hit shift+tab twice to go back to password input and from there you can hit enter and login to the game.

So till the functionality bugs are present i cant say any good words for this new login page, and the fix is quite easy ;)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”