Feedback thread discussion

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Feedback thread discussion

Posts split from Psykos Feedback Thread - Haz

Haz wrote:Unlocked as they have resumed forum staff roles.
Are Oms considered as staff? Don't the Oms have their own feedback thread in their own section? Sorry but I don't see the point in these two threads when they have their own section. And Oms I don't feel are staff, they aren't told what to do by forum management as they are here to help the users and staff.
Last edited by The Doctor on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from Psykos feedback thread
Image ImageImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Psyko - Feedback

Clarkey wrote:
Are Oms considered as staff? Don't the Oms have their own feedback thread in their own section? Sorry but I don't see the point in these two threads when they have their own section. And Oms I don't feel are staff, they aren't told what to do by forum management as they are here to help the users and staff.

I agree with Clarkey, In the Oms section. They have there own feedback thread or can make one.

These 2 ladies are elected by the people of this forum, they are not appointed to there position by the forum admins.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

I agree with Clarkey, In the Oms section. They have there own feedback thread or can make one.

These 2 ladies are elected by the people of this forum, they are not appointed to there position by the forum admins.

They have a job on forums, so I see them as forum staff. And any ombudsman feedback thread would be for the current ombudsman, not Juliette or Psyko specifically.

On a side note, I just checked and couldn't find a feedback thread apart from one in the case archives.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Clarkey wrote:

They are staff.

But I was wondering the same thing.

Haz wrote:And any ombudsman feedback thread would be for the current ombudsman, not Juliette or Psyko specifically.

Doesn't matter, since they are the current ombudsmen.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

They have a job on forums, so I see them as forum staff. And any ombudsman feedback thread would be for the current ombudsman, not Juliette or Psyko specifically.

On a side note, I just checked and couldn't find a feedback thread apart from one in the case archives.
Then the Oms feedback thread should be moved back or a new one started. Haz you say it's for the current Oms and not the individual specifically, well they are the current Oms and therefore should be using that. Then when they are no longer Oms you should be unlocking these threads if they return to duty as Mods.

@Jack, i disagree on using the term forum staff for Oms, but that's just me.
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
Haz wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Then the Oms feedback thread should be moved back or a new one started. Haz you say it's for the current Oms and not the individual specifically, well they are the current Oms and therefore should be using that. Then when they are no longer Oms you should be unlocking these threads if they return to duty as Mods.

Why not just use the existing threads?

I see the ombudsman as part of the staff, they have a job here right? Handling disputes between users and mods, discussing with the admins and proposing solutions. They may not have a practical job (actually modding threads or anything like that) but they do help to resolve user/mod issues.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Haz wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Haz wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

Why not just use the existing threads?

I see the ombudsman as part of the staff, they have a job here right? Handling disputes between users and mods, discussing with the admins and proposing solutions. They may not have a practical job (actually modding threads or anything like that) but they do help to resolve user/mod issues.
The difference of them being part of the staff, is that they were elected by the people of this forum. They were not appointed to this position by applying for it to the 3 forum admins who decide to have them in at position.

They have there own part of the forum where they can make there own feedback thread for there time in service in that position. Just like the people before them have done, if after there term is up and they become mods again. Then sure they can have there threads here opened again.

This part of the forum is forum and mod feedback. They are not part of the Mod team at this time. If you read what it says before you click the link to here,
want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
they are not part of the current forum mods.

Which means that they dont need there threads open here for they are no longer mods at this time.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Feedback thread discussion

Geez, if it is such a bother, lock them. ;) They are right, Ombudsman feedback takes place in Ombudsman Feedback thread. :-D
If you want the matter of "Ombudsman: staff vs. not staff" resolved, have an admin answer it.

As far as I am concerned, we are staff, albeit the only elected kind. *grin* Of course, it does not matter either way.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Whether you are considered staff or not is neither here nor there really, but I just can't understand how an Ombudsman who is meant to be neutral and on neither side of the users or the forum staff can label themselves as forum staff, kinda defeats the purpose.

Anyway it makes sense to keep the old Ombudsman feedback thread or create a fresh one for the new term. I don't understand why it was archived in the first place over a month ago, did you girls not want feedback on the new Oms office?
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Clarkey wrote:Whether you are considered staff or not is neither here nor there really, but I just can't understand how an Ombudsman who is meant to be neutral and on neither side of the users or the forum staff can label themselves as forum staff, kinda defeats the purpose.
The ombudsman mediates. Lawyers are part of the judicial system, are they not? Is the judicial system not part of the government as per Montesquieu? ;)
We do not mediate between staff and users. We mediate between forum members. For instance, Bobby, who has an issue with Bill, can come to us and ask for our Solomon's verdict. Of course, that hardly ever happens, since most people can resolve their own issues.
As per the earlier definition, we are 'supported' by the Administration (i.e. we exist by their grace) to mediate issues that arise. We do not have 'authority', but as far as I am aware, we are part of the staff. :-D

Now I am curious and would like an answer. :P

Clarkey wrote:Anyway it makes sense to keep the old Ombudsman feedback thread or create a fresh one for the new term. I don't understand why it was archived in the first place over a month ago, did you girls not want feedback on the new Oms office?
It was archived since we both read it, and we are a different team from the previous ombudsman. There has not been much to give feedback on, we wanted to wait a month or some cases, before making a feedback thread. ;) I agree that we could set one up now, but of the three PMs about our functioning that we received it would not be necessary to have them listed in public. :) I'll have a chat with Psyko. :-D
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

They work for the forum, that makes them staff, just not mods.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Psyko
The Irresistible

ربهالنوع wrote:
Clarkey wrote:Whether you are considered staff or not is neither here nor there really, but I just can't understand how an Ombudsman who is meant to be neutral and on neither side of the users or the forum staff can label themselves as forum staff, kinda defeats the purpose.
The ombudsman mediates. Lawyers are part of the judicial system, are they not? Is the judicial system not part of the government as per Montesquieu? ;)
We do not mediate between staff and users. We mediate between forum members. For instance, Bobby, who has an issue with Bill, can come to us and ask for our Solomon's verdict. Of course, that hardly ever happens, since most people can resolve their own issues.
As per the earlier definition, we are 'supported' by the Administration (i.e. we exist by their grace) to mediate issues that arise. We do not have 'authority', but as far as I am aware, we are part of the staff. :-D

Now I am curious and would like an answer. :P

Clarkey wrote:Anyway it makes sense to keep the old Ombudsman feedback thread or create a fresh one for the new term. I don't understand why it was archived in the first place over a month ago, did you girls not want feedback on the new Oms office?
It was archived since we both read it, and we are a different team from the previous ombudsman. There has not been much to give feedback on, we wanted to wait a month or some cases, before making a feedback thread. ;) I agree that we could set one up now, but of the three PMs about our functioning that we received it would not be necessary to have them listed in public. :) I'll have a chat with Psyko. :-D

What she said, so eloquently. ;)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

I honestly don't see why there's such a big fuss over whether to keep their threads open. If it gets spammed up, I clean it out and warn those involved. Simple :)
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Psyko
The Irresistible

Haz wrote:I honestly don't see why there's such a big fuss over whether to keep their threads open. If it gets spammed up, I clean it out and warn those involved. Simple :)

Yeah, my thread is all of what...? 1 comment?!?!?! OH NOES! Close it down!!! QUICK!!
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”