Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: People pretending to be 'something else'

Legendary Apophis wrote:The only ones I received semi naked pics from on MSN were those crazy MSN bots that jump after you when you come online. Actually not very bright to send such things away: most women wouldn't be like that to send away such pics of themselves...these pretenders. :lol:

Would have made me spit my drink out if a SGW player sent me semi naked/naked pics of themselves lmao. Guess people who received them didn't notice the big thing.

I can get hold of some semi naked pictures of Duderanch if you want? :smt047

I like how all the "girls" flock to this thread to defend themselves. I say again, Rules #28, #29, #30 and possibly #31 just because.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

The reactions to requests (or rather, demands) for pictures is a fairly decent way to identify female players. not foolproof, but nothing is 100% foolproof for very long.
Females tend to react more vehemently to such, whereas males more often simply do not react all that much, or make the mistake described by femme...

[spoiler2=oh, and jim... about those pictures...]Image[/spoiler2]
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Eelyzabth
Forum Irregular
Alliance: DDE
Race: replicator
ID: 1961519

the reason the women 'flocked' to this thread, is pretty simple, our own credibility is damaged by these events.

As for semi naked pictures... only a very select few get those lmao

but of course the point of this thread is not about 'role playing' as a female, its about pretending you are that in real life, giving a real life background

Ig name Eelyzabth, raid queen, replicator, DDE goddess <---- RP

rl name Elizabeth, single mom, human (except for 3 days a month) RL wanna be princess <---- this bit

thats NOT role play, If I'm not really that person, it is deception. full stop.
Some girls turn heads. DDE girls break necks.....oh and.... Its NOT a bra, its a lacy summer top!!
My DDE Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Field Marshall wrote: Lizzy for president =D>
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Eelyzabth wrote:the reason the women 'flocked' to this thread, is pretty simple, our own credibility is damaged by these events.

As for semi naked pictures... only a very select few get those lmao

but of course the point of this thread is not about 'role playing' as a female, its about pretending you are that in real life, giving a real life background

Ig name Eelyzabth, raid queen, replicator, DDE goddess <---- RP

rl name Elizabeth, single mom, human (except for 3 days a month) RL wanna be princess <---- this bit

thats NOT role play, If I'm not really that person, it is deception. full stop.

Indeed, I agree with you.

I am RPing as Apophis/Cole from time to time but as astonishing as it might be I am not either! :-D I wouldn't pretend to be some kind of super secret agent in real life (or a System Lord/Hybrid demon-human; see RP characters), or whatever that is deception, because it would be in my opinion disrespect to people who would believe me and even worse to people I would happen to become friends with.
Would mean if I am at least honest with people I consider friends, *IF* I was to be a deceiver (I'm trying to RP as a deceiver for a moment to see how I would act), I would tell these friends about the fact I acted wrongly and that I apologize to them, at least for the sake of being honest at least once.

@Jim, no thanks! :lol:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Jim wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:The only ones I received semi naked pics from on MSN were those crazy MSN bots that jump after you when you come online. Actually not very bright to send such things away: most women wouldn't be like that to send away such pics of themselves...these pretenders. :lol:

Would have made me spit my drink out if a SGW player sent me semi naked/naked pics of themselves lmao. Guess people who received them didn't notice the big thing.

I can get hold of some semi naked pictures of Duderanch if you want? :smt047

I like how all the "girls" flock to this thread to defend themselves. I say again, Rules #28, #29, #30 and possibly #31 just because.

I don't need to defend myself, the few select ppl I have chosen to share my RL details with know me as I am.

The sad bit is when a fake is believed over a real female. I've been threatened many a time for saying the truth about a fake, simply because that person was such a convincing liar.
Also their actions bring the actions of all females into question, to a point where none of us are trusted and how often do you see ppl demanding a "male" prove that he is a male?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
LordApophisOne
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

A tad creepy indeed.

I think it's safe to say that females get more attention online, so maybe the guys just want attention?
"The Universe has no laws; it has habits, and habits can be broken."
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I've seen Duderanch and can confirm that he has lady parts.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

General Riviera wrote:I've seen Duderanch and can confirm that he has lady parts.

Tease!
Bias Admin colour
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I met a player in another game who was a female IRL but chose to play a male character. She was 'sick of all the harassment', apparently, which made confiding in me all the more foolish.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Mordack: foolish, just simply because you are male, I trust? :razz:
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I've also known a female person to play the role of a male purely to avoid the internet weirdos.

Like me. I'm an internet weirdo.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

General Riviera wrote:I've also known a female person to play the role of a male purely to avoid the internet weirdos.

Like me. I'm an internet weirdo.

:smt017 your a weirdo, but not so much an internet weirdo.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Mordack: foolish, just simply because you are male, I trust? :razz:

I was half joking. I think mostly foolish because I'm a gossip.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”