Ascended tournament Winner suggestions..

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ascended tournament Winner suggestions..

Guild wrote:if they are the best player with the best account then so be it, you dont see people on main complaining because they dont have the best account from the beginning :-D
Umm yeah, they do.

Also, you are a good tag teaming partner, or so I heard. ;)
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

also im thinking of taking off the auto boot after there are 10 users. I think the tourney goes fast enough without it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

BMMJ13 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Guild wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Guild wrote:i like the idea in theory , but you dont want to hold people back because they worked the mechanics and did better than others , that doesnt make sense

And whats to stop the winner from winning everytime? :shock:

Its no fun joining something when you know some could be winning all the time. :razz:

i find that some people only talk to me when the arena has started to specifically be able to tag team people *cough jim *cough.... 8-[

I get ronery.

Jim talks to everyone about tag teaming, the dirty girl.

:razz: did thinnk he must be talking to everyone, even the guys he was sayin to attack to one side then sayin to attack the other group.... 8-[ the crafty wabbit :smt081
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:also im thinking of taking off the auto boot after there are 10 users. I think the tourney goes fast enough without it.

I would agree with this. It seems to go very fast at the end. Maybe if there has been no casualties in the past 24 hours, it kicks whoever has been least active, however that would only come into play if it's a stalemate.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Guild wrote:
BMMJ13 wrote:
Jim wrote:
Guild wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Guild wrote:i like the idea in theory , but you dont want to hold people back because they worked the mechanics and did better than others , that doesnt make sense

And whats to stop the winner from winning everytime? :shock:

Its no fun joining something when you know some could be winning all the time. :razz:

i find that some people only talk to me when the arena has started to specifically be able to tag team people *cough jim *cough.... 8-[

I get ronery.

Jim talks to everyone about tag teaming, the dirty girl.

:razz: did thinnk he must be talking to everyone, even the guys he was sayin to attack to one side then sayin to attack the other group.... 8-[ the crafty wabbit :smt081

SUSH!!!!!! your ruining my plans :(

Sol wrote:also im thinking of taking off the auto boot after there are 10 users. I think the tourney goes fast enough without it.

Its not about making the tourney go fast, its about forcing people to take action rather than turtle. However, the "most turns used" way of calculating it is flawed as it can essentially come down to who joined the arena first. Perhaps make it that every 12 hours it kicks one person that has used less than X amount of turns, say 3000. This way active players dont need to worry about it but it will still deal with turtles.
Sol
Forum Addict

Jim wrote:

Its not about making the tourney go fast, its about forcing people to take action rather than turtle. However, the "most turns used" way of calculating it is flawed as it can essentially come down to who joined the arena first.

It's not exactly flawed. If someone joins the tourney straight up and dumps a crap load of turns on people continously, compared to someone who joins later, then they are more active than the other person. Regardless of when their timezone is.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
Jim wrote:

Its not about making the tourney go fast, its about forcing people to take action rather than turtle. However, the "most turns used" way of calculating it is flawed as it can essentially come down to who joined the arena first.

It's not exactly flawed. If someone joins the tourney straight up and dumps a crap load of turns on people continously, compared to someone who joins later, then they are more active than the other person. Regardless of when their timezone is.

I think the point being made is if two people join 3 days apart, and both use every single AT avalible to them, the person who joined later is automaticly removed due to spending less AT because they had less AT to spend.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Lore wrote:
Sol wrote:
Jim wrote:

I think the point being made is if two people join 3 days apart, and both use every single AT avalible to them, the person who joined later is automaticly removed due to spending less AT because they had less AT to spend.

even one or two hours apart. thats what it came down to last time: nearly everyone in the arena had used all of their turns as soon as they got them but bj was kicked because he joined last.
Ryuujin Jakka
Forum Addict
Alliance: Ghost Riders 2ic Diplo
Race: System Overlord
ID: 1976503
Alternate name(s): Al Capone / ~Ryuujin Jakka~

Juliette wrote:
Sol wrote:if you're afraid someone will win continuously just tag team with a mate and bring them down when they enter the arena.
Word. ;)

See I don't play arena because of my
Level of awesomeness on ascended means 50+ people would tag me every time o~o.

:-"
Field Marshall wrote: Ryu - Legend, best of the best...you're sick...and I hate your 5T MS! < in 2010 when the closes MS at the time was 2.8 T , shortly after i hit 7Trill and then 8tms (Long before the MS HUGE Buff Update !) and the next closest was just barely over 3T at the time it took many years and that mouthership to go untouched as rank 1 without any upgrades at all before ETL finally caught up to it and then a couple of others eventually while it sat reletively untouched for years , yet still to this day that account remains competitive with a great ms , under Drah's command. Many say i Pioneered the current MS Meta , which is both cool and i regret because ms's are insane these days lol !
~Belsamber~ wrote:Borek and Ryu for SGW guru's post are like mangasms, they're that good.
Sol
Forum Addict

@auto boot comments, it is disabled this round (although i just realised that it still says it on the arena details page).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”