era 31 - Hedonism Rulez! and new rule...

Records of the Eras that came before
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

era 31 - Hedonism Rulez! and new rule...

OK - era is almost done...where the wheel stops nobody knows :)
Era 30 reset in: 0 H 18 M

Next era: Hedonism rulez! (google hedonism if you must).

Realm populations will seek happiness ...even if they must leave to do so.

A detailed explanation of how to create happiness will follow (why does not real life come with such a guide???)
But I will say at least that if you offer a happier place, people will flock to you (away from your enemies if they are not as happy). But it will cost....

New rule: feeding will be deemed illegal. Being a short era (ie 3 months..not that era 31 is shorter htan others...), we will try the 'everyone out for themselves' -- as far as personal goods and such goes. Game mechanics will move to reflect this as well. Coordinated attacks, etc -all fine. Its just the 'sacrifice my account to better yours' that will not be allowed...one must TAKE not be GIVEN....
This INCLUDES selling resources to other accounts (since it is sacrificing your account for theirs).

more to come...
Don't make me use this!!!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: era 31 - Hedonism Rulez! and new rule...

Glorious.

Now bring that to Main, J-man. ;)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Very much appreciated J- i was really hoping to see something come of that happiness idea. Awesome. Really enjoyed 30 too, it was a great re-introduction to the server for me.

Only negative i have, well, its more a negatish - could you please, please, please specify if feeding includes selling naq from one account to another? I have come to the decision that i, personally, will live with it either way you see fit but it would really help if there was some closure on that issue. Even if just to stop innocent people being accused of deplorable things.

Cheers!
-Goo, happiness ru.....(and sometimes apathy too)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
HippyFool
Forum Elder

1) I am guessing you are basing this era around the idea that Tekin posted in suggestions. Kudos for checking that page :)

2) I think both feeding and selling naq for $ should be banned as people can just pretend to sell naq when really they are just feeding. Please confirm this one way or another.

3) If you go ahead with banning feeding and cash-trade-feeding ... how will you monitor it and will you be active enough to punish those that break the rule?

4) If you don't think you will be active enough, please appoint a game mode who can monitor these things for you. I am sure there would be a number of good and willing candidates within the Q community.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Teyla
Forum Grunt
Race: Athosian

Forum wrote:
New rule: feeding will be deemed illegal.

thanks J
new era in more ways than 1 :smt060

GhostyGoo wrote:Only negative i have, well, its more a negatish - could you please, please, please specify if feeding includes selling naq from one account to another?

Forum wrote:New rule: feeding will be deemed illegal. Being a short era (ie 3 months..not that era 31 is shorter htan others...), we will try the 'everyone out for themselves' -- as far as personal goods and such goes. Game mechanics will move to reflect this as well. Coordinated attacks, etc -all fine. Its just the 'sacrifice my account to better yours' that will not be allowed...one must TAKE not be GIVEN....
This INCLUDES selling resources to other accounts (since it is sacrificing your account for theirs).

@ghosty highlighted tx :-)

@hippy
With monitoring the feeding that can easily be done by players now the rules are there, all we needed was the rules, 99% of us can determine what is and what's a genuine attack it was just the cash for getting fed naq thing that was in the way, easily spotted now ;)
But still hippy would make good ingame admin :-D
Last edited by Teyla on Mon May 14, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo 5.3 wrote:I want 20 quint naq, but I don't want to pay for it. Any way around it? Could I "nub" you for it?
General Riviera wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart. You're an absolute fool for even spending money to try to win.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Well confirming the rule really does nothing if Jason doesn't actually ban the people abusing the rule.

As you can see by Akhal winning this wave...there really isn't anything we as players can do to stop people who have purchased or been fed naq.

Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

I applaud the new rule :)
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

HippyFool wrote:Well confirming the rule really does nothing if Jason doesn't actually ban the people abusing the rule.

As you can see by Akhal winning this wave...there really isn't anything we as players can do to stop people who have purchased or been fed naq.

because have a good team to defend him
and we don.t need a robin hood like teyla massing in server to help win satan :smt018
satan is not in top :smt081 :smt081 :smt081
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

i can see nemj being a little less active this wave :P
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

R0B3RT wrote:
HippyFool wrote:Well confirming the rule really does nothing if Jason doesn't actually ban the people abusing the rule.

because have a good team to defend him

No one defended Akahl with much (if any) success. All of his units got amped via feeding (or more likely his bank, filled with naq from previous feedings) in the final minute, which didn't give us enough time to knock out his defense before the era ended. It was not because of DDE (or anyone else) destroying our attack powers.
sarparto
Forum Regular

Apparently you can't block in Q. Oh well, you live and you learn. Am excited for this upcoming wave.
Teyla
Forum Grunt
Race: Athosian

in all fairness it wasnt set in stone b4, now it is im sure any1 who abuses rules and plays unfair will get dealt with if we report
its true about akhal, or any player that been fed that much , there is only 'so much' normal players can do to them in game, now rules are there other helps available

thats right rob we dont need players like me or satan massing ingame for feeding
its bannable now :smt064

looking forward to next round, sounds like a good 1
Jimbo 5.3 wrote:I want 20 quint naq, but I don't want to pay for it. Any way around it? Could I "nub" you for it?
General Riviera wrote:if Teyla wants to smash things up then all the best to her. Don't come moaning because you've tried to buy your way to 'glory' and had it ripped apart. You're an absolute fool for even spending money to try to win.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:This INCLUDES selling resources to other accounts (since it is sacrificing your account for theirs).

Eh...hang on...was this always there? Damn my eyes :D

Sorry J.

Teyla wrote:its true about akhal, or any player that been fed that much , there is only 'so much' normal players can do to them in game, now rules are there other helps available

It is true. To prove this statement wrong i would be very interested if Akhal came and told us, in honesty, his turns spent to naq hauled ratio.

Anyways, the rule was ambiguous before and it wasn't even in the rules section. Now we should wipe the slate clean and get on with playing a more balanced game.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
HippyFool
Forum Elder

GhostyGoo wrote:
Forum wrote:This INCLUDES selling resources to other accounts (since it is sacrificing your account for theirs).

Eh...hang on...was this always there? Damn my eyes :D

Sorry J.

Teyla wrote:its true about akhal, or any player that been fed that much , there is only 'so much' normal players can do to them in game, now rules are there other helps available

It is true. To prove this statement wrong i would be very interested if Akhal came and told us, in honesty, his turns spent to naq hauled ratio.

Anyways, the rule was ambiguous before and it wasn't even in the rules section. Now we should wipe the slate clean and get on with playing a more balanced game.

Pretty sure Jason edited his post lol rather than it always being there!

As for how much akhal farmed...he used approx the same turns as everyone else but just check military XP to see how much naq he farmed compared to everyone else.

of the top 8 accounts the highest farmed was 482,000 tril (congrats Marla) and the lowest was 389,000 tril so they were reasonably close together..

Akhal farmed 921,000 tril from the same amount of turns.... just to put it in perspective :D

alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

Sounds fantastic, it will be interesting to see how the finial 5 looks this era when the playing fields are level. (no feeding) - (i may even finish an entire era for a change)

Return to “Quantum Archives”