Bring back raiding?

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"

Bring back raiding with at least those conditions?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes: 61
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Bring back raiding?

Lore wrote:
Sol wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:Problem is watch for the multi's appearing, it only takes a couple of weeks to ascend and the first 1 is cheap as anything, watch people use these accounts as storage, ascend raid to 1.5-2bill planets, vac the account and leave it until its needed for resources, or they can use them accounts as self made farms for DMU.

1. storage for what?
2. needed for what resources?
3. self farms at 2 bill planets? yeah....
the only thing worth moving from account to account would be DMU which you would farm yourself anyway and you could hold it in your cache or weaps at infinite density.

You still won't address accounts being used for attacking/sniping without ever growing. Multi's specifically built to harass other accounts while the main account is hidden.

True but that could happen anyway.

@malx, doesn't mean the discussion ends.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
cubby989
Forum Newbie

I vote YES.

Open the spoiler if you want to see my take on things people have said. (Warning, it's a BIG wall of text!)
[spoiler]
Lore wrote:I strongly disapprove of anything that allows 1 to attack another in a way that they can not be attacked back, nor the defender be able to recover from.

Raiding would only effect undeveloped planets, not your attack or defense planets, and would be easily recoverable from, with time.

Lore wrote:So once again you are actively choosing to target specifically casual players. Those who do not have time, or desire to play daily or multiple times per day. You now want to force them to change their play style and account set up. One of the problems in main now is any non $$ spender can not compete, and it is getting so that no casual player can compete. Now you are doing the same to ascended. Giving the most active more and more bonuses while refusing to give casual players an opportunity to compete. Now with this it will pretty much make ascended just like main. Either be hyper active, or be a farm for the hyper active. That's the only options that will be left.

How is he targetting the specifically casual players? How can the casual players not compete? How can the non-$$ spenders not compete? I am sure I am a casual, non-$$ spender, and I've had no trouble at all competing for a spot.

Lore wrote:This update will force people to be farms if they do not want to be raided. If you want to "attempt" to not be a farm then you must build stats. If you piss someone off all those stats and planets are removed from your account with there being nothing you can do to stop it.

I'm pretty sure the "Destroy" attack can remove your stats as well, this will be no different, as undeveloped planets only contribute to income, and in a minor way at that.

Lore wrote:This removes the lone wolfs ability to survive.
I'll survive just fine, and I'm sure many others will as well.

Lore wrote:"You raid me or my alliance and we sit on you raiding the planets back or keeping your stats 0ed for us to farm you, If we raid you, you accept it as part of the game."
That's what friends are for, helping you with these kinds of problems.

Lore wrote:You guys still have not even attempted to explain who John should be allowed to have 20 bill planets raided off him by 5 other people, but he can not raid a single one of them back. Being attacked by someone in a manner you can not do in return is complete BS.
What the hell is John doing with 20bil planets sitting in the corner gathering dust?

Lore wrote:people will find a way to exploit things for their benefit.
Since when is this new?

Lore wrote:Also, please explain why we even have a 3 bill cap inplace if your intending to allow noobies to be able to raid 20 bill planets.
What?

Neimenljivi wrote:what's the difference between being attacked 10 times or 20 times? You do not lose anything you would otherwise have had anyway, right?
Pretty much. I log into my ascended account to find ~70-80 billion DMU every time, and I'm usually attacked 5-10 times in-between every time I log in, more if I forget about the game for a while. But I always have some DMU and undeveloped planets to work with, every time, no matter how many times I get hit. The same principle with planets, just don't build 100 million undeveloped planets and never use them, or you'll lose them.

Neimenljivi wrote:Anyway, do you not think the newer accounts should be able to compete?
I believe that it should be fair to the point where anyone can come out on top, if they put the work in, not just based on how old their account is. (Think of seniors in high school, they get special privileges just for being in school longer than the others, not because they're better.)

Neimenljivi wrote:Raiding should not be made so it's possible to raid 5b units a day.
Agreed. How about something like the normal planet cap? If you go over 3 billion while raiding, what you can take while raiding is stunted with the same percentage as your normal growth, couple that with how many times you can raid a day and nobody would be able to completely ruin everyone for the fun of ruining people.

Lore wrote:Add a new class of "idle" units. Untrained can be trained into idles. Untrained can then be raided. This protects active accounts who do not want to become a daily farm and source of income for their enemies.
How about just turning the planets into defense?

Lore wrote:By definition a better farm is a farm where you get more per hit and can hit more times per day.
We have an official definition? Also, if people manage to hit the 3bil cap (Not that hard), their growth is stunted, bigtime. This would make them a worse farm for planets, and anyone who has any commitment should have no trouble whatsoever hitting the 3bil cap.

Drahazar wrote:the trick to playing ascended is not to train your planets into anything, if raiding became a thing then everyone would have 10billion planets available to raid and it would become silly

better to keep it as it is
If raiding became a thing, people wouldn't have 10billion undeveloped planets sitting around willy nilly.

Angelis~ wrote:Its all about your recovery rate.
Exactly.

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:If raiding is implemented, could advance notice of say a week be given first? One thing you don't want is people coming home from work to discover raiding has been implemented.
Agreed.

GeneralChaos wrote:Problem is watch for the multi's appearing, it only takes a couple of weeks to ascend and the first 1 is cheap as anything, watch people use these accounts as storage, ascend raid to 1.5-2bill planets, vac the account and leave it until its needed for resources, or they can use them accounts as self made farms for DMU.
Isn't interaction between accounts on the same IP forbidden and prevented? Plus I'm sure that the admins will eventually notice something suspicious going on and put an end to this...[/spoiler]
To sum it up, reintroducing raiding would eventually just make everyone less viable for raiding... unless they're stupid. :roll:
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG+1 - LG+2 - LG+3 - LG+4 - AG - EAG - AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - US - UN - UK
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

I voted yes...however if you wish to also keep initiate revolution you should make it to where there are untrained planets and Revolt planets... essentially revolt planets would be the same as untrained...but unraidable. Also limits to how much people can lose. like 5% of their total Untrained planets...could be 10% whatever.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Eisen Feuer wrote: Also limits to how much people can lose. like 5% of their total Untrained planets...could be 10% whatever.

In 1 sitting? in 1 hr? in 1 day? Total?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

Lore wrote:
Eisen Feuer wrote: Also limits to how much people can lose. like 5% of their total Untrained planets...could be 10% whatever.

In 1 sitting? in 1 hr? in 1 day? Total?

I would say a total per day. If you try to raid someone that has been raided that day it would just have a message saying that this person has lost too many of its devout followers for the day and has inacted martial law. You attempt to subvert but fail to do so...no worries though you didn't lose any turns in the process.

I would say you would have to have blocks of %'s.

Anyone has 1bil planets they can lose a max of 20%.
Anyone has 2-5bil planets they can lose a max of 15%
5-10bil planets they can lose a max of 10%
10-20bil planets they can lose a max of 7.5%
20+bil planets they can lose a max of 5%

those are all % of total per day
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

It dont matter how you dress this up

Fact is when raiding was allowed previous

1) if you had too much trained you get destroyed then raided

2) if you didnt have enough trained you got destroyed then raided

Period !

You should be able to put your units somewhere where they cant be taken, as I said before how about training them up into something that gives you nothing in return but you cannot untrain them for like 24hr or 48hrs

that way you dont get raided and if you need them you have to give notice, maybe you have to pay to have them untrained that sort of thing

Anyhow don't like this idea at all
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

thorsworld1 wrote:It dont matter how you dress this up

Fact is when raiding was allowed previous

1) if you had too much trained you get destroyed then raided

2) if you didnt have enough trained you got destroyed then raided

Period !

You should be able to put your units somewhere where they cant be taken, as I said before how about training them up into something that gives you nothing in return but you cannot untrain them for like 24hr or 48hrs

that way you dont get raided and if you need them you have to give notice, maybe you have to pay to have them untrained that sort of thing

Anyhow don't like this idea at all

A-men Brother.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Ascended General”