Planet taking

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Planet taking

So as many of us already know planets are normally pretty big. So it would take quiet a bit of power from your MS to take these said planets and add them to your prized collection. I thought of an additional stat for people to maintain in order for them to steal planets.

Engine & Planetary Dampening Field
This modification was implemented as a preventive measure to allow the mining and capture of small asteroids in the early 2000's by the Stargate program. Why was it a preventive measure you ask? Well after many tests and plenty of failures it was discovered that Daedalus class Motherships and it's sister classes had not been retrofitted to pull massive amounts of weight through hyperspace. Thus the Planetary Dampening Field was invented. This innovation of interstellar and extrastellar mining and capturing of planetoids helped reduce hull stress and allowed for much safer hyperspace transit with captured planetoids.

Engine upgrade
Default takes you 24hours to steal tiny and very small planets, 26 hours for small and normal planets, 28hours for Above Average and large planets, 32 hours for Huge and Monstrous, and 36 hours for Mindblowing.

Upgrade 1 removes 1 hour from your wait on all planet sizes.(cost)(500bil)
Upgrade 2 removes 3 hours from your wait...(cost)(2.5tril)
Upgrade 3 removes 6 hours from your wait...(cost)(5tril)
Upgrade 4 removes 9 hours from your wait...(cost)(25tril)
Upgrade 5 removes 12 hours from your wait...(cost)(50tril)

The longer your wait also causes stress damage to your MS.

Planetary Dampening Field Upgrade
Default all planets have a stress factor of 100%

Upgrade 1 removes 10% of the stress(cost)(500bil)
Upgrade 2 removes 15%...(cost)(1tril)
Upgrade 3 removes 20%...(cost)(2tril)
Upgrade 4 removes 25%...(cost)(4tril)
Upgrade 5 removes 30%...(cost)(8tril)
Upgrade 6 removes 35%...(cost)(16tril)
Upgrade 7 removes 40%...(cost)(32tril)
Upgrade 8 removes 45%...(cost)(64tril)
Upgrade 9 removes 50%...(cost)(128tril)
Upgrade 10 removes 58%...(cost)(500bil)

Even after all your research scientists can not surpass the natural subatomic and gravitational stress removal of 58% learning that the universe though vast still has so much in your path that the cost of getting 59% removal of stress is not feasibly possible. This law is known as the law of 42. A cruel joke played on the inhabitants of the universe by perhaps some long forgotten deity.

*figure I would add a little roleplay into my suggestion. :)
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: Planet taking

Interesting, sounds good, and logical :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

i like it
MOD SPEAK
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

another suggestion hindering new/smaller players. A newer player trying to fill their stock of planets would have to wait longer between takes, slowing their early game growth.

as for older players, well it has no effect because they can afford the better upgrades. In fact, if anything, the more active warring players can benifit by being able to take planets MORE often than they already can
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular

I see your point CJL. But this won't slow newer players down but will simply make it more expensive and time consuming not to get the upgrades. You would still have to have an MS strong enough to take the planet with the defenses on it. All it does it takes the fact that if you steal a smaller planet it costs less and takes less time. If you get all the upgrades taking a mindblowing would cost the same as taking a tiny planet without any upgrades. Most newer players should start with smaller planets anyhow and build them from the ground up. Also this would not effect Sending your MS out to search...only when trying to steal planets. This also would not change the waiting period after taking a planet it only takes the MS less time to bring it back to your realm and integrate it. The MS would still have a cool down time instead of being based on a time factor it is also based on the condition of your MS. So if you have all the upgrades your MS cooldown time for normal and larger planets is the same as it is now. If you have all the upgrades your MS cooldown time for less than normal sized planets is shorter but hardly any planets really worth taking are less than normal size.

Also people still would only be able to lose 5 planets in a 24 hour period...or whatever it is now.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

yes but thats the point, the only players that benifit are those who war, as they can strip planets with less likelihood of them being taken back. A new player that needs planets to suplement their stats whyile keeping minimum killable units, takes 20 or so days to get 10 planets from your proposed system, up from 10. In early stages of playing, that could be huge.

It wouldn't affect most other active players as they are usually set on their planets and very rarely alter the quantity, occassionally by one or two in a short period.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

I could farm all those upgrades in a week.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Loki™ wrote:I could farm all those upgrades in a week.

Big talk for a little girl.... farm me 700t in a week, ill give you the turns :P
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Sol
Forum Addict

CJL wrote:another suggestion hindering new/smaller players. A newer player trying to fill their stock of planets would have to wait longer between takes, slowing their early game growth.

Not really hindering them, they can have a max of 10 planets, and i dont think there main aim for most of the time they play is to continuously hunt out better planets so they can dump the others and steal (with crap all fleets anyway because they are noobs) some other person planet.

What AJ should probably make is an overall account strength (hidden rank) that things like this can be based off of. Or even based on the age of the account. The smaller the account strength or age of the account, the cheaper some of these upgrades should be.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Game Suggestions”