Partial Descension?

Suggest any improvements
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: Partial Descension?

No, easy enough for big accounts to affect smaller accounts. No need to speed up the process.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

My math might be flawed here, but you can remove a maximum of 40% off of anyone in a hit, yeah? 2/5ths. So, well... example below.

<<1st hit - 0 hr>>

10m LF - 0 LF remaing
100m LFR - 70m LFR remaining

<<2nd hit - 3 hr>>

10m LF - 0 LF remaining
80m LFR - 50 LFR remaing

Each hit took 2/5ths off, being 40m. 10m from lf, 30m from LFR, only 10m recovery at turn rate, presuming account is small and poopy. Boom, that's 50% gone in two hits... you're partially descended and it took me 3hrs. If my math there is right, or Hell, if I'm one hit off there and it's 3 hits to partial someone, 6hours is not fair. I'm not saying this to protect myself, with who I'm warring atm, I know none of them could even half mine in less than 2days, but for smaller players, they're going to get HAMMERED. They won't stand a chance in Hell against anyone who is willing to spend a week building their TOC. That being said, I do like the idea of removing a specific stat and not having to waste 10hits on someone, I think this idea has huge potential, but needs some work. At the same time as that though, I don't like the fact that I spent hours upon hours farming on Asc and boosting my levels so that my main wouldn't be effected, and now all my work is litrally being halved. Not cool.

Sorry I could only point out a problem and not a solution, I'll keep thinking of something I can suggest that could work and make me a little more helpful >.>
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

It would be ok if we hit someone and turned them into a demi god in return the person who did the attack get's to pick what stat on main they would like to half...i.e they earn 50bil per turn after being turned into a demi god they only get 25bil for 2 weeks or half their defence/covert/attack....other wise i am quite happy withthe system we have now..descending someone take's time i know because i have killed alot of people ingame and they is nothing more satisfying then knocking a moron with no defence who masses you if you attack them down a peg by descending them...build a defence if you don't want to be attacked :-D
Just a idea but you could make it worth it for the person who is doing the attacking if you make someone a demi god and you say half their income make it so the attacker get's a % of their income or a % of their strike in main :-D
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

i guess the consequences would be the defining factor here.

perhaps if you could provide an idea on what would be the result of becoming a demi, perhaps halve all your personals/physicals for 2 weeks (which ofc you couldnt be descended during this time either as that would be unfair)
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

~Tziki~ wrote:i guess the consequences would be the defining factor here.

perhaps if you could provide an idea on what would be the result of becoming a demi, perhaps halve all your personals/physicals for 2 weeks (which ofc you couldnt be descended during this time either as that would be unfair)
indeed.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

no as pointed out makes 2 fast to hurt people were u cant sleep if ur weak basically

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sol
Forum Addict

EbilEmperorCC wrote:no as pointed out makes 2 fast to hurt people were u cant sleep if ur weak basically
lol?
As opposed to halving someones planet count in a matter of half an hour. You're weak 24/7 on ascended unless you vac.

The actual consequences are up for debate though, I'm hoping the use of the personal side of ascended will be viable option to a broader range of players. So you can actually hurt someone bigger than you or someone that's even active.

The broader point is, right now, the whole personal being idea on ascended is used for 3 things: To block against descension attacks from those that are bigger than you, to descend attack those that are smaller than you and are inactive, and to be used in the plague tourney.
The first only happens if you're inactive or small and the last only happens once every month or something.
That's literally all it's used for, otherwise you wouldn't even bother buying personal powerups.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

I feel like the system put into place some months back was the cure for this monotony this but it obviously needs a little tweaking. After you direct attack someone you GQ them and see the reduction %'s but it's a waste of 5 AT really. By the time they regen for next hit and the one after that and the one after that the reductions always disappear before next hit.

Personally I don't care how many years and dark units you invested into your account if you aren't logging in to refill you aren't logging in to refill. As long as the TOC attacking you is at least a little bit respectable you should indeed be bleeding just a little.....in some manner no matter how minuscule.

I assume this bleeding must occur on ASC server? You've mentioned before main server doesn't let your funsie ideas float their way :D
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote: I assume this bleeding must occur on ASC server? You've mentioned before main server doesn't let your funsie ideas float their way :D
If it's a good idea I'll find a way to throw something mains way.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote: I assume this bleeding must occur on ASC server? You've mentioned before main server doesn't let your funsie ideas float their way :D
If it's a good idea I'll find a way to throw something mains way.
If you go at someone with a ToC that is adequate enough to at least chip away at them slowly every (umm...3rd maybe?) attack that lands and they haven't manually refilled you can spend LF cache smacking one of their asc levels down for 2 weeks.

So the +1% bonuses go first then the 5% bonuses last if it even goes that far. The timer is rolling though so by the time you start getting the 5's down some of the original 1's are coming close to their 2 weeks. So even if you did get a few 5's down they can PPT your attack window shut as the original 1's are back now as 5's.

So first hit costs you 100b LF Cache the last of the 1's costs 1.7t cache the first of the 5's costs 2.2t the last is 4.7t if my drunken math works. Stat bonus only though. If you messed with anyone's AB chance the streets will run red with blood.

Now you are a partially descended being and the attacker paid a fair price to damn you down to size.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

why should people working hard lose any levels? ](*,)

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sol
Forum Addict

EbilEmperorCC wrote:why should people working hard lose any levels? ](*,)
Because it's a game....based on destroying opponents...and building things...to kill better...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

EbilEmperorCC wrote:why should people working hard lose any levels? ](*,)
Why should you enjoy a 47% boost in stats and not have to defend the source of that boost every once in a while? :/
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

You could also allow people to restore 1 of their own damaged levels instead of putting a 2 week damper on the opponents. Hell maybe even let people use it to gain 3 temporary stat levels past the normal max of 147% so 150%. The LF Cache cost on that would be pricey ofc :)

They seem pretty dead set against raising ascension levels past 23 which is fine but this dynamic adds a tiny breath of fresh air. This is tossing a bone to the newly ascended also so they can temporarily have slightly better stats.

This is just stat % and AB should remain untouched but newbies can move to the no-AB house and basically be a TUK wannabe as long as they keep mashing things on asc server. Veterans can enjoy the hard earned 3% buff and maybe even smack 3 down from a rival creating a 6% difference in base stats. With ultra-stupid C/AC levels so common now this adds variety.
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

The video explains how I feel about the prospect of this.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him

Return to “Suggestions”