2012 September

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Borek
Forum Addict

Re: 2012 September

Seriously just drop the price down by a factor of 100 and stop being an ass, there is no way it should cost more than the average farm hit by miles. Should be like main where if you farm someone with an MS you have to factor in a small-ish amount for repairs if you have a large MS, nothing more.

I farm for 250t+ hits usually, which is a fairly large hit, i see a lot of others hitting for way les than that, repairs for shields need to be 3-5t not 370t. That way comm star is not the complete joke it used to be for repairs, but neither is it a bank breaker. If full massed it'll STILL cost to rebuild, right now when my Comm star is down i will have no opton but to never use it again.

P.S
what other thread? I'm not trawling the forum for a random thread, link me at least.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Borek wrote:Seriously just drop the price down by a factor of 100 and stop being an ass, there is no way it should cost more than the average farm hit by miles. Should be like main where if you farm someone with an MS you have to factor in a small-ish amount for repairs if you have a large MS, nothing more.

I farm for 250t+ hits usually, which is a fairly large hit, i see a lot of others hitting for way les than that, repairs for shields need to be 3-5t not 370t. That way comm star is not the complete joke it used to be for repairs, but neither is it a bank breaker. If full massed it'll STILL cost to rebuild, right now when my Comm star is down i will have no opton but to never use it again.

P.S
what other thread? I'm not trawling the forum for a random thread, link me at least.

viewtopic.php?f=294&t=194764 It's not hard to find it. On top of the active list and near the top of the forum section it's in (of the very few it could have possibly been in).

Perhaps you should be considering decreasing how many weapons are destroyed on the CS during battle rather than decreasing the cost, taking out the fact that it occasionally makes a farm worthless (even though the chances of them rebuilding is almost moot, in which case give or take a few weeks and your farming should be ok anyway), the cost to build a CS is only just making it a realistic asset, if you consider main you need to attack quite a few people to gain the naq needed to fully build your ms.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Borek
Forum Addict

Why make it cost more turns to mass a CS? The cost is way, WAY too high for the CS parts, i know it, you know it, everyone in the game knows it, so do the right thing and reduce it. It was too cheap before yes, so making it more expensive is not a problem, but you increased the cost by a factor or 1000, that's ridiculous, drop it to 10x what it was originally, give it a few months to evaluate to see if it needs bumping up from there, but for the love of God get rid of this current stupid cost.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:Why make it cost more turns to mass a CS? The cost is way, WAY too high for the CS parts, i know it, you know it, everyone in the game knows it, so do the right thing and reduce it. It was too cheap before yes, so making it more expensive is not a problem, but you increased the cost by a factor or 1000, that's ridiculous, drop it to 10x what it was originally, give it a few months to evaluate to see if it needs bumping up from there, but for the love of God get rid of this current stupid cost.

If everyone in the game knows it then why are you the only one complaining (save urke who thought even the original prices were too expensive)?
Who masses CS's primarily? At least people will think twice about rebuilding them.
You could at least wait a few weeks to see how this pans out anyway.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Borek
Forum Addict

hardly anyone bothers to post on here, it's pretty obvious you just do what YOU want regardless of complaints anyway. Hell you can't even manage to put in the update with the numbers you proposed you ******* *****
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:hardly anyone bothers to post on here, it's pretty obvious you just do what YOU want regardless of complaints anyway. Hell you can't even manage to put in the update with the numbers you proposed you ******* *****

lol, i'm pretty sure if someone hated an update that would post on here, or sent AJ an email. I do what I think balances things out, some people will hate some parts, others will hate other parts.
And perhaps you didn't read the thread correctly, which I told you to a bazillion times already, in the opening post I say:
So I propose something like this:

I didn't say, so I'm going to set it to these values, or even, so I'm planning to set it to around these values.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Borek
Forum Addict

OK i give up, you win, thanks for ruining ascended after a couple of OK updates to get activity increased and encourage people to build a CS, you go and make the CS completely redundant and a huge DMU sink for no reason whatsoever.

Everyone in the thread about the update said no it's not a good idea, but good old SoL just had to plough on with it anyway then for good measure make it 5x MORE than was proposed.

Just hope i can sell up before you ruin the rest of the ascended features and my account value is slashed...
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I kind of agree with Borek on this. I found out the hard way. I did a hit for over 1.5Q and repair my CS, with out knowing the costs went up. I thought I got counter attacked for it, then i realised the costs of repairs hurt.

It could of paid for another power up level in ascned. but hey we learn from our mistakes.
Borek
Forum Addict

My Command star is Rank 37, not bad but hardly top of the line.

Black Hole String Offense Strength 4,763,000
Black Hole String Maximum Strength 4,763,000
Enegry Vortex Defense Strength 3,125,000
Energy Vortex Maximum Strength 3,125,000

Shields to buy from zero costs me:

Volleys to buy from zero costs me:

Total cost:

9.1 quad is ridiculous and like i say i dont even have a fantastic CS, just what i needed for the last achievements.
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

well i agree with borek ... this update is not fine at all... even femme and other didnt like it i still dont understand why u make it soo expensive and also now its risky as taking so much out to work on CS is giving other players attention as if you try to do... someone can take ur dmu unless u had a decent def... u make ascended a hard way sol... at least consider on it and you just said u r considering of increasing more seriously now that will make the ascended even worse... reduce it a little and more reasonable bcz at current form its expensive...

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

I have to agree with Borek and the others.

There should be no reason why it should cost most people who farm alot and make 10 to 20q DMU and have to repair there MS with nearly half or more of what they farm.

decrease the cost by 10x to 30x.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Too expensive IMHO... especially when it comes to arena... no one has 10-15q to spend to fully rebuild a CS in the arena which will make the arena dominated by the large CS's...

I agree that the previous cost to repair was too small, but now we're on the flip side and its too much. Perhaps 50x the original would be a better starting point? Or even a vote for the community to decide the relative cost would be fairer?

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
EbilCC
Forum Addict

i agree increease cost even weapons to buy on ascended is peenuts that should be upped to but this is to far half wat it is now at least

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
prsko
Forum Irregular

See Sol. I told u those updates were ridiculous, here is the proof, the few active accounts left telling u stuff is not ok, but u still dont listen and give dodgy answers...
Keep it up, soon u'll be playing it alone...
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Now that statement I dont agree with ;) Sol is the best thing to happen to ascended since it was released 5+ years ago, he's an active and dedicated game admin and is devoting a lot of his time to improve the server - which is just what ascended needs.

That being said... I think he's made a mistake on this one, but where he is a good admin, hopefully he'll take our feedback on board and adapt it appropriately ^_^

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”