Anti-Islam film

Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Anti-Islam film

just check the background of who did it, they are tools in the hand of war lords.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Anyway something that annoys me quite a lot is the double stance held by many in Western nations, how the blasphemes are of difference unacceptability, especially in the new conformist liberal view of things. It's the double standards/hypocrisy that I criticize here.

Bashing Christianity= politically correct and not a problem as after all Christianity shouldn't be exempt of "criticism" even if it's just for sake of bashing as freedom of speech prevails in this case, and the blaspheme against it is only considered as negative by "bigots" etc...

As reaction to bashing, some demonstrations (rarely violent) that are bashed by media as a sign of "far rightism radical Christians protesters". It's a really popular thing to bash Catholicism in Western nations for example, nobody can deny it here.

On the other hand, bashing Islam= "Islamophobic", sign of being "zionist/christian far right extremist agent".

It is considered as dangerous for geopolitics outcomes due to massive violent demonstrations/riots as a result and risk of death for the filmmaker/book writer (Salman Rushdie for example has a fatwa against him, and filmmaker Van Gogh another example assassinated for one of his movies, finally the Saudi journalist facing death penalty for a few tweet). Here, the director has a bounty on his head.

On the other hand: global outrage in Europe/America when Christianity basher had any kind of problems with anyone whether being believers or officials...see: <little cat> Riots Russian group example. Among reactions against Putin's decision (extreme to some extent to sentence to 2 years, yes, but I didn't hear much media/"activists" screaming when that Saudi journalist faced death penalty in his country for tweeting controversial stuff, which was much more extreme; anyway, Austria and Germany also both have jailing for such blasphemy in Church even though it might rarely be applied) feminist activists in Ukraine attacked an orthodox cross with a chainsaw.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Psyko
The Irresistible

Legendary Apophis wrote:Anyway something that annoys me quite a lot is the double stance held by many in Western nations, how the blasphemes are of difference unacceptability, especially in the new conformist liberal view of things. It's the double standards/hypocrisy that I criticize here.

Bashing Christianity= politically correct and not a problem as after all Christianity shouldn't be exempt of "criticism" even if it's just for sake of bashing as freedom of speech prevails in this case, and the blaspheme against it is only considered as negative by "bigots" etc...

As reaction to bashing, some demonstrations (rarely violent) that are bashed by media as a sign of "far rightism radical Christians protesters". It's a really popular thing to bash Catholicism in Western nations for example, nobody can deny it here.

On the other hand, bashing Islam= "Islamophobic", sign of being "zionist/christian far right extremist agent".

It is considered as dangerous for geopolitics outcomes due to massive violent demonstrations/riots as a result and risk of death for the filmmaker/book writer (Salman Rushdie for example has a fatwa against him, and filmmaker Van Gogh another example assassinated for one of his movies, finally the Saudi journalist facing death penalty for a few tweet). Here, the director has a bounty on his head.

On the other hand: global outrage in Europe/America when Christianity basher had any kind of problems with anyone whether being believers or officials...see: <little cat> Riots Russian group example. Among reactions against Putin's decision (extreme to some extent to sentence to 2 years, yes, but I didn't hear much media/"activists" screaming when that Saudi journalist faced death penalty in his country for tweeting controversial stuff, which was much more extreme; anyway, Austria and Germany also both have jailing for such blasphemy in Church even though it might rarely be applied) feminist activists in Ukraine attacked an orthodox cross with a chainsaw.

The double standard comes from politics. People can bash Christianity seven ways to Sunday and call it freedom of speech because there are no major groups of extremist Christians with their fingers on triggers just waiting for someone to blaspheme their religion.

"Liberals" as you call them, walk on eggshells when it comes to religions like Islam being insulted because of the hundreds of thousands who will rise up in anger over such things, including governments not separated by their religion who will take it as a political statement. When it comes to a politically-related religion, it becomes a game of politics. Not a single nation is so rooted in Christianity that they will go to war over an insult or a parody film.

Sometimes a double standard is not a bad thing, particularly when it separates two very different situations/outcomes. You can't treat everything equally.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I'm not religious at all, but I am high insulted by that "film". If someone really wants to make an anti-islam film, then at least make it a GOOD film.. heck make it anything other than that dire bollocks that it really is. If it had just a hint of artistic merit then perhaps people would take it more seriously. As it stands it's just insulting for the sake of it to anyone, regardless of nationality or religion. It's insulting to have your time wasted on such nonsence. I'm not surprised anyone involved in that film has had to go into hiding. The only thing I am surprised about is the publicity it's received, because frankly, it doesn't deserve any.

**Filtered** wrote:
Sol wrote:I just heard the film maker of the film now has a 100k bounty on his head.

Yup, and there are so many people around strapped for cash that I would not be in the least bit surprised if anyone tried to actually pull it off.

Dog needs to go after him. THAT would be worth seeing.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Legendary Apophis wrote:Anyway something that annoys me quite a lot is the double stance held by many in Western nations, how the blasphemes are of difference unacceptability, especially in the new conformist liberal view of things. It's the double standards/hypocrisy that I criticize here.

The film is a bad attempt by some westerners to stir up the Muslim nations. the ultimate in propaganda BS.

As far as all major religions go, they are the creation of man to destroy spirituality. just like Govts destroy the peoples freedom, schools destroy knowledge and the media destroys information. so all this crap is just that, crap.

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

[KMA]Avenger wrote:

The film is a bad attempt by some westerners to stir up the Muslim nations. the ultimate in propaganda BS.

As far as all major religions go, they are the creation of man to destroy spirituality. just like Govts destroy the peoples freedom, schools destroy knowledge and the media destroys information. so all this crap is just that, crap.
/argument /win
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

:-)

Edit, forgot to say that hospitals destroy health....

:? i'm sure there's a quote out there about how the world is backwards, and institutes like Govts and churches actually destroy that which they are meant to protect.

I'll try and find it :)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I didn't say this movie wasn't propaganda full of clichés and inaccuracies, the trailer seemed quite bad anyway. People should think about the fact this movie is just a Z movie with almost no budget and no proper acting, another bad movie in the ocean of cheap-bad acting-bad filming movies. But movies like Da Vinci Code were also full of nonsense and targeted Catholicism rather obviously, and yet outside of condemning throughout newspapers and conferences and maybe several demonstrations, I didn't see as much troubles as I saw for such a futile z-movie we talk about here...while on the other hand, Da Vinci Code was a mainstream movie meant to be shown in thousands of cinemas worldwide!
Considering this movie was apparently online long before September and not meant to have any kind of large release, it leads to the conclusion that the movie was just an excuse for the violent protests. And that these violent protests just made publicity for this movie which would have been otherwise completely unknown. The movie maker just got what he wanted, worldwide fame, his strategy worked as he probably wanted...
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Religion - brain washing people since the dawn of time. An absolute crock of **** - all of it.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
borg
Forum Irregular

Doh - its movies = not real life - don't people read the disclaimer at the end of every movie
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

To End this Discussion. wrote:
Jehovah Witness

Most everybody (who does not follow this religion), or should i say many, if not the majority of people who do not follow this religion.

openly mock and insult these followers due to what ever reasons. i have to admit ive never had the patience for them myself when they come knocking on my door.

how often have members of this religion gone on a killing spree, when so many obviously show dislike for them or out right hatred / mocking of them?

now, how many times have other religions done such things? Budhism? Hebrew's? Judaism? (i actually dont know the answer to this but its rhetorical)

point is. There is a common trend amongst many islamic communities, and that trend being simple.

They need to chill the hell down and learn to let stuff go over their heads. the reactions such as these, only cause more "hate crimes" and further youtube videos, and generally more hostility and discrimination to this specific religion.

personally i have no religious faith, i am not spiritual or religious in the slightest. in actual fact i consider myself completely neutral in any religious conflicts. But even I have to admit that i am unable to see the logic in certain religious fueld acts of aggresion
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

the movie is a tool to increse/maintain troubles in the area so US army have a reason to stay in teh area covering its real reason.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”