Era 32 - BloodSworn Enemies

Records of the Eras that came before
malbrega
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Re: Era 32 - BloodSworn Enemies

jack rarely had a no.1 mothership , his ship was mostly weak and him being to lazy to upgrade it, even cost me a ban, which was lifted by Jason.

Jacks opinion in MS strength is pretty worthless, I had number 1 mothership for 80% of the last era, and cost wise it was very expensive, I would back hippy and say it needs increasing by 3x. Mainly so it can be used for strike assistance either that or have a fixed cost on mother ship upgrades.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Yeah I was lazy to upgrade it because I had #1 MS for like 5 days and then in 1 day it dropped to #6, for instance. But I had it #1 many times and I also had a #1 def for most of the era which is when I also checked cost to power between MS and def and MS was overpowered by a lot. Heck if it weren't I'm sure admin wouldn't have nerfed it.

You just want it overpowered again so it could help you double basically any strike you build so you could snipe. MS is balanced in relation to other stats now, if it gets more powerful it will just allow snipers like you to take down huge defences with very, very little cost again.
And PS for you: if you knew how, you could have used far less naq but alas, you don't.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

glory from attack is ok HOWEVER
If it's 2 glory per turn or something like that then it needs to be neutralized at the end of the wave.

However if it's 0.1%-.01% of the target's glory then that would work

But i think the glory should be examined at the end of the wave which the key point being that somewhere around 25,000 glory point is an extremely high glory count for 1 wave.
Hippy's played plus or minus 31 waves and is only averaging 10,000 per wave.
I could see it ranked like this
Rank 1 Glory (final) gets 20,000 glory points for the rank instead of 1,000
Rank 2 Gets 15,000
Rank 3 Gets 10,000
Rank 4 Gets 7000
Rank 5 Gets 6000
Rank 6 Gets 5000
Rank 7 Gets 4000
Rank 8 Gets 3000
Rank 9 Gets 2000
Rank 10 Gets 1000

That would make getting glory REALLY important this wave,
AND it would make it reasonable since right now it's looking like your going to be able to get into the 100,000+ range for glory.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Scenester
Forum Regular

Since ME isnt ranked isnt the glory rank a combination of both ME and glory right now?
Mothership The PukingRainbow
HippyFool
Forum Elder

High Empty wrote:glory from attack is ok HOWEVER
If it's 2 glory per turn or something like that then it needs to be neutralized at the end of the wave.

However if it's 0.1%-.01% of the target's glory then that would work

But i think the glory should be examined at the end of the wave which the key point being that somewhere around 25,000 glory point is an extremely high glory count for 1 wave.
Hippy's played plus or minus 31 waves and is only averaging 10,000 per wave.
I could see it ranked like this
Rank 1 Glory (final) gets 20,000 glory points for the rank instead of 1,000
Rank 2 Gets 15,000
Rank 3 Gets 10,000
Rank 4 Gets 7000
Rank 5 Gets 6000
Rank 6 Gets 5000
Rank 7 Gets 4000
Rank 8 Gets 3000
Rank 9 Gets 2000
Rank 10 Gets 1000

That would make getting glory REALLY important this wave,
AND it would make it reasonable since right now it's looking like your going to be able to get into the 100,000+ range for glory.

Ah yeah... What HE said. :D

You playing this wave HE? Now you could be a fun enemy! :smt117

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

well done :)
Do ppls think glory should remain ranked? If so, i will add it to the qunatum legends....as of right now it is not separately recorded ...
I will ensure the overall ranks at the end did count it :) -- have the raw data so no problem there.

upwards and onwards :)
Don't make me use this!!!
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Forum wrote:well done :)
Do ppls think glory should remain ranked? If so, i will add it to the qunatum legends....as of right now it is not separately recorded ...
I will ensure the overall ranks at the end did count it :) -- have the raw data so no problem there.

upwards and onwards :)

Yes! Because the glory ranks were factored into player strategies (as it was already counting for maintaining ranks, or so we thought) so it would be helpful to incorporate them in final rankings. At least for wave 32.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

I don't think they should count. Reason is that the ranking was GnR was bugged, which I notified admin of, and that one of the key features of the era which also allowed for a different strategy in attaining GnR was bugged. I am talking here about massing bloodsworns which didn't give you the glory it should have given. It was supposed to give glory as long as the defense of your bloodsworn was more than a set percentage (small, might I add) of your strike. This didn't work because even if the attack you had and defense your bloodsworn enemy had, while you won the battle, may it be due to MS or due to random % of attack and defense being used, were the same, if your bloodsworn had 0 naq out or some very small amount, you couldn't get any glory.
This was supposed to be one of the key features that allowed for a different strategy - get glory with massing your bloodsworns. As this was bugged, which was also reported, the only possibility to get GnR was with maintaining high rank, and even that was bugged, especially at the beginning.

So I don't think it'd be fair to change the rules after the era ended and fix one thing while ignoring the fact that the only other way to get glory, which again was a key feature of this era, was bugged the entire era as well. I know I went a different route during the first month of the era and should have gotten a lot more GnR, if attacking bloodsworns had actually worked as it was supposed to work, then I changed my tactic and decided to play for a long term benefit. I also bet there are a lot of other people who saw that GnR ranking didn't work and adjusted their tactics accordingly, especially after it was reported and nothing happened.

The only key feature of the era that actually worked the way it was supposed to work was that your attack and covert tripled while attacking a bloodsworn, no other key feature worked as it should have. So I really don't think it'd be fair to fix one issue that was there the entire era, while ignoring to fix another issue (as you can't really do it now) which also resulted in people changing tactics when both are so closely connected both in terms of different strategy being used, as in terms of final rankings.

So I vote against GnR being counted in final rankings, not just this era but all eras in the future as well.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Mercury Rising
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:
So I vote against GnR being counted in final rankings, not just this era but all eras in the future as well.

~Jack

+1
Scenester
Forum Regular

Mercury Rising wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Jack

+1

+2
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Aisar Saqib
Forum Expert
Alliance: TF HC
Race: TF
ID: 1912374
Alternate name(s): ASJ, messenger of death,deadily knight,lord cyrus..

Scenester wrote:
Mercury Rising wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Jack

+1

+2

+3

Most Slaughters: 70 by ASJ

Trade feedback:
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191582

SGW awards and past sigs:
Spoiler
ImageImage
Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

Abhi wrote:
Yes! Because the glory ranks were factored into player strategies (as it was already counting for maintaining ranks, or so we thought) so it would be helpful to incorporate them in final rankings.

+1
devildog
Fledgling Forumer
Race: USMC
ID: 82504101

Aisar Saqib wrote:
Scenester wrote:
Mercury Rising wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Jack

+1

+2

+3

+4
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

devildog wrote:
Aisar Saqib wrote:
Scenester wrote:
Mercury Rising wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:

~Jack

+1

+2

+3

+4

+5 But, I am distracted and an old man, dimensia is setting in. I may not remember my glory days... HAHA
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

Return to “Quantum Archives”