Admins, Mods and other stuff.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Re: Admins, Mods and other stuff.

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Angnoch wrote:I think haz does a wonderful job but he is a little to much of a stickler :razz:

that being said mods shouldn't get voted out they are volunteers, that being said mods are volunteers and will not be mods forever so voting in new mods should eliminate the need to vote old mods out ;)

If a mod is doing such a bad job that the majority of the community wants said mod out, a thread would most likely be made, where action could be taken. Apart from that I don't see any reason for a vote.
Or 3 members could just get deleted and more banned

that's a possibility too I guess

Yes yes, we haven't forgotten...

This thread is about the current mod team. We've already got plenty of threads about the bans and deleted users and everything involved with that, please don't make this thread yet another one...
I'll bring it up when it's relevant when I so choose

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

I think you misunderstood me Haz. I simply wanted to say that voting mods out is not a good idea, whereas voting them in helps ensure that the "general public" has faith in the mods. I just wanted to show that there is a compromise that can be reached.
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Angnoch wrote:I think you misunderstood me Haz. I simply wanted to say that voting mods out is not a good idea, whereas voting them in helps ensure that the "general public" has faith in the mods. I just wanted to show that there is a compromise that can be reached.

It's never really a good idea to vote mods out, due to those who will vote a mod out just because they don't like them. But as you said, a compromise could be made, perhaps if a mod is accused of misconduct, or is lacking in their duties, a kind of trial could be done?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

Haz wrote:
Angnoch wrote:I think you misunderstood me Haz. I simply wanted to say that voting mods out is not a good idea, whereas voting them in helps ensure that the "general public" has faith in the mods. I just wanted to show that there is a compromise that can be reached.

It's never really a good idea to vote mods out, due to those who will vote a mod out just because they don't like them. But as you said, a compromise could be made, perhaps if a mod is accused of misconduct, or is lacking in their duties, a kind of trial could be done?

it's good to see some sensible debate going on here.
the idea would be that you could only vote if you gave a reason. if said reason is complete bollocks then obviously it would be disregarded (someone would need to assess the answers though)
perhaps the best thing to do would be to combine the in/out voting, maybe certain rules or restrictions would need to be put in place for the voting.....

i am in no way saying this would be simple or that it is a perfect suggestion, i just feel that things need to be changed for the good of the community.
if anyone else has a better suggestion then suggest away :)

this is something that would take time to perfect and to implement properly, and the obvious first step would be my original point of starting with some kind of vote in the new year.

in reference to juliette's comments early on about who needs to know certain things, that is true to a certain extent but as i am sure we can all see some things do need to be made public in the end otherwise we end up with a situation like the one just gone. but that incident isn't what we are here to discuss, even though it is relevent.

everyone please try to keep this on topic as i want it to be a real discussion about a real problem looking for a real solution :)
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Haz wrote:
donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.

Pah, noob. I made rules for the annual awards years back to circumvent that. Just stop people being allowed to vote for anyone in their own alliance... #-o
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Semper wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.

Pah, noob. I made rules for the annual awards years back to circumvent that. Just stop people being allowed to vote for anyone in their own alliance... #-o

And why should someone be restricted from voting for a mod in their alliance if they actually think they are a good mod?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

... but I just got here! :smt022
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Hey guz, I fink that we should be able to vote people out of oxfam and amnesty. Dat would be REALLY good because I dont like some of those volunteers.

Seriously though, if you apply to be a mod you will likely get in. I mean Rudy, Tets and Andy got in and we all know how....err...lovely? they are right? :D
Furthermore, it takes all sorts to make a world and I for one highly value the opinions of people who stand out in what they say and do. We have numerous safeguards in place to make sure they dont do their jobs badly if it comes to it.

I think the individuals on the mod team are all excellent. Though not enough ponies.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Jim wrote:Hey guz, I fink that we should be able to vote people out of oxfam and amnesty. Dat would be REALLY good because I dont like some of those volunteers.

Seriously though, if you apply to be a mod you will likely get in. I mean Rudy, Tets and Andy got in and we all know how....err...lovely? they are right? :D
Furthermore, it takes all sorts to make a world and I for one highly value the opinions of people who stand out in what they say and do. We have numerous safeguards in place to make sure they dont do their jobs badly if it comes to it.

I think the individuals on the mod team are all excellent. Though not enough ponies.

lulz JIM FTW and his teh poniez

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”