Andy's attitude

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Andy's attitude

i was discussing signatures with andy and i dont like andy he knows this , but i didnt choose to swaer at him like he did to me , and he is a moderator.

just wasnt sure that was how a moderator of forums should act to forum users, and if he should still be a mod on the forums.

i presume this is where this should go :S

im happy to pm the message he sent to me, but wont post it as it contains swearing
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: Andy's attitude

I'm sticking my nose in a little here, but have you talked to his GM?
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Psyko wrote:I'm sticking my nose in a little here, but have you talked to his GM?

No, he has completely ignored protocol and the fact that he broke moderator respect rules and is still not watching what he is saying even though one warning and he gets permabanned again
Guild
Forum Addict

Psyko wrote:I'm sticking my nose in a little here, but have you talked to his GM?

no I havent , would you mind telling me who it is please ?:)
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bromas
Forum Addict

This is the wrong place anyway... Try here
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Mind posting those PM's here and BTW was he speaking to as a mod or as a concerned user?
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:Mind posting those PM's here and BTW was he speaking to as a mod or as a concerned user?

I hadn't said anything in blue, I told him (as a user) his sig was too big
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Bromas wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:Mind posting those PM's here and BTW was he speaking to as a mod or as a concerned user?

But thats something you should have done as a mod, seeing as its one of the mods duties to report them. So, that being said, you are potentially causing confusion amoungst users, not knowing if they are being warned by a mod or by a user. Consitancy? I remember you sending many PMs to users asking them to change them as they were breaking the rules, as a mod. So why is Guild different?
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

PMs sent by a mod about signatures or other rule violations, are always PMs as a mod.
If in the course of such a conversation the moderator behaves incorrectly, it is correct to call them to order; by giving feedback and/or contacting their GM. The Ombudsman is here to appeal warnings and plea for pardons to. Not to moderate internal affairs (pun intended). ;)
Bromas
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Bromas wrote:

But thats something you should have done as a mod, seeing as its one of the mods duties to report them. So, that being said, you are potentially causing confusion amoungst users, not knowing if they are being warned by a mod or by a user. Consitancy? I remember you sending many PMs to users asking them to change them as they were breaking the rules, as a mod. So why is Guild different?

I only asked as a mod once or twice, in both occasions they said no so I then asked as a mod. Guild changed his
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:PMs sent by a mod about signatures or other rule violations, are always PMs as a mod.
If in the course of such a conversation the moderator behaves incorrectly, it is correct to call them to order; by giving feedback and/or contacting their GM. The Ombudsman is here to appeal warnings and plea for pardons to. Not to moderate internal affairs (pun intended). ;)

Good points Jo. Thats how I always understood the rules. Though, I still don't see why going to the Ombudsman first is a bad thing.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Juliette wrote:PMs sent by a mod about signatures or other rule violations, are always PMs as a mod.

Good points Jo. Thats how I always understood the rules. Though, I still don't see why going to the Ombudsman first is a bad thing.

It's never a bad thing. It can just be hard for them to accomplish whatever the user is asking because a lot of the staff disagrees with their involvement in certain situations. That's the wall we always ran up against, anyway...which is why we kept to protocol a lot of the time.

As to whom Andy reports to, in NewGrounds that would be Juliette, though she is not exactly a GM. He has no direct GM in any of the other sections which he Moderators. Kind of a funny situation Jason left us in with our GMs not being organized prior to the dismissal of the Admins.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I'd say if you did something about this and nothing was done then you could come to the Ombudsman, but I don't think coming here first is what should be done. Whoever his GM is should be told and then I'm sure they will handle it (though if not, like I said, then you can come here).

So, I'll move this.

*EDIT*
and also...
Forum Guidelines wrote:Section 9: Moderator Respect
Users are required to be respectful while addressing moderators who are acting in an official capacity. Moderators are likewise expected to be respectful to users while operating in an official capacity. Moderators will get no special treatment while posting as a user. If one party ceases to be respectful, that does NOT give the other party the liberty to respond with disrespect.

This extends to private messages and reports. If you message a staff member with demands or insults, or if you file a report with demands or insults, it will not be acceptable and may be ignored.

Consequence:
Users who are disrespectful to moderators or staff members will receive a verbal warning. Repeat offenders will receive one warning point. Issues about Moderators being disrespectful will be handled internally.
Last edited by Empy on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Bromas
Forum Addict

Jules, who is someone acting as once the issue has been fixed though
Guild
Forum Addict

[spoiler]
Bromas wrote:To the first request

Short version of the rules wrote:8 ) Signatures may not exceed 450 pixels of total height.

https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=112277

Long version of the rules wrote:3. User Accounts
Signatures.
Signatures may not exceed 450 pixels in height. That means you have a total of 450 pixels worth of space to form your signature. This does not include the space within a spoiler, however it does include the space taken up by the closed spoiler itself. Signatures will be measured from the top of the first item to the bottom the last, and on the forum skin the Moderator has applied; however in the case of a dispute the default forum skin will be used to measure.

Consequence:
The "Sig of Shame" will be put on any account violating this rule. The Moderators are under no obligation to give a warning prior to enforcing this rule, but may do so.

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=101808

To the 2nd, no, I will contact you as I have. If you refuse to change it your signature permissions will be removed. You don't get to pick your mod.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Bromas wrote:
Guild wrote:but your such a **Filtered** though...

meh will spoiler it , this forums gone to **Filtered** when you and ASJ have mods on it hahaha ](*,)

Meh, it could be worse. I could be a [spoiler2=]??nt[/spoiler2] like you
[/spoiler]

the part that got me is that he adjusted the size of the swear word to avoid the censor, i didnt not so it would be censored, not in keeping with the standards of mods i feel should keep
Spoiler

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”