Discussion split from: TOC - expending the function

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Raven
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: TOC - expending the function

Angelis~ wrote:1 bil cer is only 700 quad naq from scratch but theres a good chance you already have some sort of cer if you were to head for the 1 bil mark. I wouldnt call it a feat today. At most 2 months of farming for an average farmer. Minimum hits at say 350 trillion using all of them each week will get you 700 quad in 2 months. Heavy farmers can get it in a month.

I dont have a large cer only about 1.5 bil. I keep my self between 8 bil and 12 bil planets to be able to hit nearly the entire sever when I have my 130 quad strike. If Dmed it allows me to recover in a couple of weeks.

Now I only read the first post and the last post so I may have missed something someone posted.

Imo there is no satisfaction in descending a noob or inactive account. No point what so ever and can make people leave honestly. Im all for expanding the function of toc but not military decreases. I cant suggest what though. The reason I say that is because if Im in the process of descending someone Im praying they dont come online because Its a simple click to refill the LF and all that hard work to descend them is gone. It feels even worse when you have a team of heavy descenders working on someone for several days. The longest it took our team to descend someone was 67 hits every 3 hours. Ah good times. So if your going to expand the function do it to the toc. Somehow.

My 2 cents.

It is not really a matter of opinion wether 1 bill CER is a feat or not. It is certainly a CER above average. The point was anyway, that you can't leave a game this slow for that long.

Nobody farms 700q a week either. To do so you would need to be not allied with anyone, and you will be zeroed pretty much every run. If you get your 130q zeroed, it will take probably months to get back to the same level. Even sniping wouldnt work that well anymore, unless you spy each and every one.
Anyway, it isnt much different then how it used to be. Snipers farmed 100's of quads years ago. There's a reason why still mostly every old player sucks :p
No movement= boredom
Former Member of The Legion
'Terrorists of SGW'
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

700q a week would be awesome but I knew what you meant. You are right about it being above average though. I once suggested putting a cap on how far the growth rate percentage went down to 5% but it was shot down by everyone even Sol. To me that meant that the current growth system would never change or at least not for awhile. I'd love to have the planets to be both a farmer plus income but for the time being its one or the other.

My ideal setup would be as follows. Levels 1100 in charisma, 1700 in production, 1600 in military with 2000000 fleets. 60 billion total planets needed. 25 bil in income, 2 bil supers in both attack and defense, 5 bil covert, 10 bil assassins. All the above leave room for further improvement.

As for farming. Its no secret... we have DRA's with every major alliance. They arent NAP's or FMA's but simply a way to allowing farming without conflict as long as its within the minimums of the agreement. In main its a naq out to defense ratio. In ascended its anything above 300 trillion. This works both ways of course. The only two times I was massed for farming over the past two years was from lonewolfs.

Personally my problem is boredom from farming or actually not necessary from farming but from gaining so much dmu only to advance so little. So I tend to take long breaks of doing nothing but generate planets in ascended.

Image Image Image
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

Rudy Pena wrote:
Sol wrote:As clock pointed out, there has been discussion on further use of the TOC.
Anyway can't be bothered reading 2 pages of discussion. Does someone want to condense and present the idea(s)?

Basically when trying to descend someone, both parties lose a % of stats in main while in the process of being descended. So you lose your main bonuses while both being descended and if you get descended you lose all.

And something about CER. #-o

Jesus christ, not only that Rudy totally got it wrong (no where have I said anything which involves main server)

SoL isnt bothered to read it as well....

So for me that is enough to say the following:

I am done with suggestions, must say I feel really stupid now to even spend the time to think about some problems and writing/sharing my opinion

I wish you all good luck in your future endeavours ;)

P.s. usually it just helps to read the first post
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Sol
Forum Addict

SVaRuN wrote:P.s. usually it just helps to read the first post

Indeed, but in 'suggestion' cases they are usually refined and alternatives provided as people bring about new problems to overcome. In which case it usually helps to read the whole thread ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Sol wrote:Sounds excessive :P, when I get back from up north I'll run a few calcs on the first idea to see the decrease in times.
No! No! NO! :shock:

Why, can't I go up north? :P
Also this thread has gone off the rails, can I get a mod to split it?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Race: Roman

he did increase the amount of DMU produced by the undeveloped planets = aka inactives

The problem you see is people becoming more active on ascended and as a result competition for DMU increases
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

SVaRuN wrote:he did increase the amount of DMU produced by the undeveloped planets = aka inactives

The problem you see is people becoming more active on ascended and as a result competition for DMU increases

agreed :D
Achernar
Forum Grunt
Race: twagras
ID: 1989627
Alternate name(s): Achernar
EZE
ertyuio

Sol wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Sol wrote:Sounds excessive :P, when I get back from up north I'll run a few calcs on the first idea to see the decrease in times.
No! No! NO! :shock:

Why, can't I go up north? :P
Also this thread has gone off the rails, can I get a mod to split it?

Tried my best to remove extraneous discussion from the original topic and put it here. Hopefully everything remaining in the other discussion is more on topic to the TOC function expansion.

Return to “Ascended General”